Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

While AMA talks, FAA acts...

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

While AMA talks, FAA acts...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 04:31 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Appowner
Are you mental? Look at my post! I replied to several questions you posed. "Don't know and don't care!" as in I DON'T KNOW!

Talk about assumptions! Learn to comprehend friggin English!

You cry for peace and understanding yet return to your old ways in just few posts. Walks! Talks! Looks!

F. I.
And you wonder how you earned the title of Hater.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:36 PM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by astrohog
Do you all remember the XFC event that used to be held at Muncie?

Did you know that the AMA field can no longer host the event due to noise complaints from a neighbor? The neighbor that used to run the hobby shop that was adjacent to the field!

I wonder with all of the supposition on here, and all the talk and justification for the National Flying site, how many members are aware of this?

Astro
Heh! Heh! Heh! Classic!
Old 01-13-2019, 04:37 PM
Appowner
Banned

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie

And you wonder how you earned the title of Hater.
You started it. So of course you blame me. So be it. The English speakers of the forum see the truth and there's no way you can hide it.

F. I.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:27 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

You started it. So of course you blame me. So be it. The English speakers of the forum see the truth and there's no way you can hide it.

F. I.
ain't it the truth.
when i saw his leap to the wrong conclusion, it was all i could do the not make my first ever report of a post.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:05 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

So, are you guys saying the score is haters 1, Speed 0?
I am just a bit curious
Old 01-14-2019, 05:33 AM
Appowner
Banned

I believe the boy has anger issues. Indicative of the way he can so misconstrue something someone else said. He doesn't read and if he does, he doesn't comprehend. Having instead I believe a predetermined idea of what he's seeing. He expects to be slammed and so that's what he reads. And the sad thing is, he wants the attention.

One of my early exchanges with him he threw out his RC Resume. Pictures and all as if to say "This is who I am! How dare you question me?"

Bottom line? He's the real Hater.
Old 01-14-2019, 02:47 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

This has gotten a bit off topic more like an MMA weigh in LOL!!!!!!! or better yet one of those all in pro wrestling matches.

Last edited by Propworn; 01-14-2019 at 02:50 PM.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:09 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

I don't have any drones..
Old 01-15-2019, 03:35 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AMA’s EC finally released the minutes from their 4 November meeting. Recommend reading the CFO’s section.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:03 PM
Hydro Junkie

Do you mean the part where he admits the AMA has a problem but the board votes 10-2 for "business as usual"?
Old 01-15-2019, 04:55 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
Do you mean the part where he admits the AMA has a problem but the board votes 10-2 for "business as usual"?
Yep. And in their continuing efforts to be opaque, they list the vote as 10 in favor 2 against, but don’t tell members whether their rep voted. Makes it tough for members to know whether their VP deserves continued support or not if you don’t know how they’re voting.
Old 01-16-2019, 05:03 AM
Appowner
Banned

I would think some enterprising members who give a Darn might ask their DVP point blank, yes or no, "How did you vote?"

Then post the findings.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:21 AM
Hydro Junkie

Now who would be willing to take a chance and "rock the boat", especially after the CFO bluntly said the AMA is going broke?
What I find just as interesting is that it's been two days and not one post by anyone, pro or con, over the AMA?
Old 01-18-2019, 01:11 PM
Appowner
Banned

Now who would be willing to take a chance and "rock the boat", especially after the CFO bluntly said the AMA is going broke?
What I find just as interesting is that it's been two days and not one post by anyone, pro or con, over the AMA?
Probably only those with some intestinal fortitude. The rest have their heads plugged firmly in the sand.

The thing that gets me is the number of people who will stand fast as the faithful in the face of undeniable evidence. Sort of like saying the house is engulfed in flames but there's no need to evacuate.
Old 01-19-2019, 05:08 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The thing that gets me is the number of people who will stand fast as the faithful in the face of undeniable evidence. Sort of like saying the house is engulfed in flames but there's no need to evacuate.
And they do this, while throwing stones at the folks who are yelling, "FIRE!" LOL
Old 01-19-2019, 05:14 AM
Appowner
Banned

Originally Posted by astrohog
And they do this, while throwing stones at the folks who are yelling, "FIRE!" LOL
Sign of the times I guess. You find the same behavior throughout our culture today in all manner of things. I blame the public school systems. Our kids minds are being poisoned by their teachers.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:48 AM
Hydro Junkie

Not so much poisoned as programmed. Between what they are being taught in schools and reading on their smart phones, all of which has to be absolutely true and factual, they can't think for themselves anymore. Just this week, while at work, I had people that are supposed to be free thinking adults that were almost begging me to tell them how to do the tasks needed to pass their required hands on tests. One almost cried when I told him to figure it out using the specifications books and his test instructions since, if I helped him, I'd have to fail him. From what I can see, many of the "younguns" coming out of school are, more and more, needing constant supervision and everything spelled out to them rather than being able to read in instruction sheet and perform the task on their own. It is actually beyond sad, IMO
Old 01-19-2019, 11:04 AM
Stickslammer

Well, I`ve just been lurking lately. I went to the AMA website and got into the feedback section. Under the "Other" category I asked them if anyone on their staff read any of the content in "AMA Discussions" here on RCU. I`ll let you guys know if I get a response.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:05 AM
Appowner
Banned

Frustrating to see it in forums as well. The "Why won't my new toy fly?" threads.

And in the meantime parents push kids to do more and more at earlier ages. And the teachers teach them that someone will give them the answer (not to mention pass them to the next grade) if they just act stupid long enough.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:38 AM
Hydro Junkie

That may be the case in public schools but it's far from it at my job. I've got one guy, tonight(since I'm working the overnight shift), that's just about begged me to tell him how to pass a "hands on" test. He has an instruction book and specification manuals online but he still thinks it's my job to tell him what to do. Seems almost sad to me that he is struggling that much on a test that I can do, and pass, in less than 15 minutes
Old 01-21-2019, 04:56 AM
Appowner
Banned

Had a kid in the Air Force maybe 35 years ago. Functional Illiterate. How he got into our career field (radio tech on TACAN, ILS and VOR) I'll never know. But he knew the equipment and could do the work. He just couldn't read the manuals very well. So we worked with him. Taught him to read basically. Then the dumb kid got busted for dope.

I have never attended a public school. I went to private schools from day one. My HS courses were all what would be considered AP today. Since then I never had a course or class I considered difficult.
Old 01-21-2019, 05:38 AM
Hydro Junkie

The idiot I'm dealing with just ruined the connector pins on the probes to an BCD Electronics M-1 Milli-ohm meter. He didn't line up the pins and shoved and, when it didn't go in, he started twisting the connector. The result was the pins are now bent and won't go into the meter so the meter now has to be sent in for repair. He then goes and gets another from the tool room and almost screwed it up as well. Did it right in front of me and then said he didn't do anything wrong! I guess some people shouldn't be working with hi-tech stuff

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 01-21-2019 at 05:40 AM.
Old 01-21-2019, 06:14 AM
Appowner
Banned

The idiot I'm dealing with just ruined the connector pins on the probes to an BCD Electronics M-1 Milli-ohm meter. He didn't line up the pins and shoved and, when it didn't go in, he started twisting the connector. The result was the pins are now bent and won't go into the meter so the meter now has to be sent in for repair. He then goes and gets another from the tool room and almost screwed it up as well. Did it right in front of me and then said he didn't do anything wrong! I guess some people shouldn't be working with hi-tech stuff
Short of firing him, can you dock his pay for the meter? Something like that usually gets the youngsters attention.
Old 01-21-2019, 06:15 AM
Appowner
Banned

Had a female get 3 fingers across the 1k power supply in a TACAN. Blew a clean pin hole through all 3 fingers. Woke her up!
Old 01-21-2019, 06:29 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Being able to communicate effectively is key to successfully navigating in society, whether it be professionally, personally, locally, globally, or in on-line hobby forums. They key to effective communication is literacy; understanding both the written and spoken word and all the nuances that come with each.

My Dad held his Phd. in reading. He was responsible for educating young US GI's that were stationed in Germany and had not yet met minimum, basic educational requirements of the day, i.e. a high school diploma. When he finished his stint with the Army, he went on to continue to teach in the public school system for the remainder of his career. Near the end of his career, I remember him coming home from work in tears, due both to the moral decline of the family unit and how that was affecting the students' ability to be prepared to actually LEARN, as well as due to the public school system and the pressure it put on the educators to teach to tests, so all looked good on paper, just so they could receive Federal education $$.

I am a product of the public school system and I agree with the previous comments that I received a fairly well-rounded education that was more than adequate to prepare me for entry into the adult working world of job interviews, basic home budgeting, basic handyman skills, politics, and a basic, overall awareness of other cultures, countries, religions and how and why the world had evolved to that point. Today, not so much! Too much division amongst racial and religious groups, socio-economic divides and overall, intolerance for anyone or anything that does not align with an individuals' own beliefs. I see a whole lot of close-mindedness, political-correctness and overall watered-down and sanitary concepts taught, in order that no one is offended.

I do believe that education is the key to overcoming many of the stereotypical problems that continue to divide our society. Education helps overcome the socio-economic barriers that I believe get in the way of real progress to overcoming many of the world's problems. As we bridge the geographic divide that has been a hurdle historically with the advent of the internet and relatively cheap and easy world travel, I believe it more important than ever that education is the key. Education can take a huge bite out of the economic divide between the, "have's and have-nots", unfortunately, I see a vast amount of people that BELIEVE they are "educated", due to the readily available amount of "information" that is readily available on the internet. Unfortunately, we are not raising people to be critical thinkers, people that are able to properly examine the information in order to come to factual conclusions. What I see instead are folks that will search for any tidbit of info that happens to support their beliefs/agendas and throw that out there and say, "there! I PROVED it!".

Regards,

Astro

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.