AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

While AMA talks, FAA acts...

Old 01-12-2019, 04:37 AM
Appowner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You know, if I found some jerk was posting my family picture in places I had not authorized. I think a visit to a lawyer would be in order.

You're really not too bright Speedy. You've posted enough personal info about yourself to make yourself a good target for hacking. Not hard to find out everything there is about you and you made it even easier. Not too bright at all.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:57 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

First off MR. Tin foil hat, that picture was taken off Facebook that whomever it is posted himself. If it was Hydro and he asked me to delete it I would, since it's not him it's just another photo on the internet.

As far as what I have posted, not really a big deal. I have posted my name, AMA number and indicated what city I live in. Unlike other people I have nothing to hide. I'm up front about who I am and what I am doing. Not like other cowards in this thread that play keyboard warrior but attempt to minimize their accountability. You claim it's because of hackers.....what a joke, more like chicken poop if you ask me.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:19 AM
Appowner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Face Book still doesn't mean you have permission.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:58 AM
speedracerntrixie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Once again you demonstrate you lack of knowledge about the law.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:08 AM
Appowner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Oh? You a big hot shot lawyer now?

Wild West Social Media? Everything is a right so you can do whatever you want?
Old 01-12-2019, 06:13 AM
Hydro Junkie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If I was hiding, I wouldn't post in any forum.
What you need to know about me you already know. If I need to spell it out for you, here you go:
  • I'm a navy veteran and proud of it
  • I'll call out anyone I feel is taking advantage of a position of power, doesn't matter if it's paid, elected or volunteer
  • I'm an R/C modeler that will stand up for those in the hobby that won't stand up for themselves
What more do you need to know about me? When I took the oath to defend this country, it didn't end when I left the service. That oath means that I'll protect those that can't or won't do so for themselves. Since 70% of the AMA's members didn't vote in the last election, that means those members don't care what Muncie does. If those same members knew how Muncie was wasting the money paid as dues, they probably wouldn't pay dues or renew their memberships.
I've made my position in this known to all, the AMA is a dead horse that's wasting everyone's time and money with projects like the indoor flying facility and pushing a now dead law rather than doing they should be and back the modelers that have paid their wages for the last 5 decades.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:17 AM
Hydro Junkie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie View Post
Once again you demonstrate you lack of knowledge about the law.
In case you haven't heard, celebrities have sued and won over their picture being posted without their permission. This has been within the past few months so I think Appowner is fairly accurate in his assessment of pictures of others being posted without permission
Old 01-12-2019, 06:28 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie View Post
In case you haven't heard, celebrities have sued and won over their picture being posted without their permission. This has been within the past few months so I think Appowner is fairly accurate in his assessment of pictures of others being posted without permission
I could care less about the legalities of it, It displays a complete lack of class. Just shows SPEED's true colors. He is the one that whines about being "attacked", yet is willing to stoop to this level? Shameful.....

Astro
Old 01-12-2019, 07:55 AM
Appowner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

What you need to know about me you already know. If I need to spell it out for you, here you go:
  • I'll call out anyone I feel is taking advantage of a position of power, doesn't matter if it's paid, elected or volunteer
  • I'm an R/C modeler that will stand up for those in the hobby that won't stand up for themselves
What more do you need to know about me? When I took the oath to defend this country, it didn't end when I left the service. That oath means that I'll protect those that can't or won't do so for themselves. Since 70% of the AMA's members didn't vote in the last election, that means those members don't care what Muncie does. If those same members knew how Muncie was wasting the money paid as dues, they probably wouldn't pay dues or renew their memberships.
I've made my position in this known to all, the AMA is a dead horse that's wasting everyone's time and money with projects like the indoor flying facility and pushing a now dead law rather than doing they should be and back the modelers that have paid their wages for the last 5 decades.
Yo Junkie! (been wanting to say that ) Don't forget the most important (IMO) part of the oath. "Defend and protect the Constitution of The United States against all enemies foreign and domestic."

As an almost victim of an online stalker, I am well aware of what can and too often does go on out there. Anyone who takes it lightly, thinks some info is OK, is doing nothing but placing a bulls eye on their backs.

Got a TV connected to the internet? Does it do it's own updates? Any idea what else it's sending out there? Newer TV screens can also be used as cameras. You sure you have that feature turned off? How about the new fridge with an I-Pad built into the door? What's it watching when you're not looking?

Most people have no idea how much they can be watched in their own homes.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:57 AM
Appowner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by astrohog View Post
I could care less about the legalities of it, It displays a complete lack of class. Just shows SPEED's true colors. He is the one that whines about being "attacked", yet is willing to stoop to this level? Shameful.....

Astro
I think that goes without saying based on his history both here and elsewhere.

If it walks like a Troll, looks like a Troll and smells like a Troll. It's probably a Troll!
Old 01-12-2019, 12:41 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (14)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

the last online stalker i had to deal with was an AMA volunteer official.
Red S. was his name.
Old 01-12-2019, 03:45 PM
speedracerntrixie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I appreciate your service to our country whether you choose to beleive that or not. That being said, it gets you no additional privileges here on RCU above and beyond mine. You already get discount goods and gasoline if you have a base near by and medical benifits at taxpayer expense.

I have no power, just an average Joe. If I had any power the AMA forum here on RCU would be shut down.

NOBODY wants nor needs you to stand up for them! You have no power either. Franklin is the ONLY AMA member here complaining. The other 200K members are not complaining here on RCU. That's a awesome customer service rating if you ask me.

Last edited by speedracerntrixie; 01-12-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 03:49 PM
speedracerntrixie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Have any proof? There are no legalities about posting a picture that is found on a public domain. That being said the picture has served its purpose and I fully intended to delete it when I got home from work. I don't have an edit button on that post so I will shoot Andy a note to see if I can get rid of the picture.
Old 01-12-2019, 03:51 PM
speedracerntrixie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Astro

Yet you have no issue with a different member calling someone a troll? The double standard award goes to.................
Old 01-12-2019, 03:52 PM
speedracerntrixie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by mongo View Post
Red S. was his name.

You do realize there is no such title?
Old 01-12-2019, 06:07 PM
astrohog

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yet you have no issue with a different member calling someone a troll? The double standard award goes to.................
While we could argue back and forth all day, it is clear that you feel justified in posting someone's personal picture online, but you get your feeling hurt if someone calls you a troll....

I personally see those as two completely different levels of "attack".

Are you really such a small person that you feel justified in escalating and resorting to posting personal pictures of folks on here just because someone called you a troll? I think maybe you should re-consider engaging in debates on these forums if that is how sensitive you are.

Is it legal? Maybe, maybe not. If that is the only barometer or filter you use when posting on these forums, I would again ask that you re-consider participating here. We are a small community, and although we all may have different opinions, are still all bound by our love for model aviation. No room for that crap here.

Astro
Old 01-12-2019, 06:14 PM
astrohog

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

How much of an issue should I take with name-calling on an internet forum? Pretty easy to ignore, actually. A picture? not so much.....

Digging up and posting a picture of a member here is EXTREMELY DISTASTEFUL and nowhere in the same league as calling someone a troll.

Like I said before, pulling a stunt like that really speaks to your character. Grow up.

Regards,

Astro
Old 01-12-2019, 06:18 PM
speedracerntrixie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

1. Nobody here has the power to hurt my feelings.
2. Simply pointing out a Hypocrite.
3. I will post wherever I want. Unlike most others here in the AMA forums I frequently post helpful information in other forums.
4. Like I said before, when others lighten up so will I
5. Do you have something to contribute to the thread topic or just come in to criticize?
Old 01-12-2019, 06:22 PM
speedracerntrixie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

How much of an issue should I take with name-calling on an internet forum? Pretty easy to ignore, actually. A picture? not so much.....

Digging up and posting a picture of a member here is EXTREMELY DISTASTEFUL and nowhere in the same league as calling someone a troll.

Like I said before, pulling a stunt like that really speaks to your character. Grow up.

Regards,

Astro
Get a clue! He did it wasn't him!
Old 01-12-2019, 07:24 PM
mongo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You do realize there is no such title?
i do not believe i ever said it was a title, just a job description of sorts..

now for the record, he was a district contest coordinator at the time and used his inside with the AMA to find and release on open forum some of my personal details.

and i was not the only one he treated in such a manor.
they can speak up is they wish to, not my place to name them.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:27 PM
mongo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Get a clue! He did it wasn't him!
it does not matter that it may not be him, you thought it was. that makes it high level STALKING.
there is your clue.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:21 AM
Hydro Junkie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I appreciate your service to our country whether you choose to beleive that or not. That being said, it gets you no additional privileges here on RCU above and beyond mine. You already get discount goods and gasoline if you have a base near by and medical benifits at taxpayer expense.

I have no power, just an average Joe. If I had any power the AMA forum here on RCU would be shut down.

NOBODY wants nor needs you to stand up for them! You have no power either. Franklin is the ONLY AMA member here complaining. The other 200K members are not complaining here on RCU. That's a awesome customer service rating if you ask me.

Obviously you've never been in the military. Let me explain the errors of your post:
1) I don't get unlimited access to military bases since I didn't retire from the navy. To get those benefits, you have to retire with at least 20 years of service
2) I don't know where you heard those in the military get discounted goods. When I was in, the (at the time) wife would go through the ads from the local grocery stores and see what was on sale that we needed. We would then go to the commissary and go shopping. Many times, what we found was that the commissary was actually higher, cost wise, than the civilian grocers. Hell, even eating at the chow hall cost me. I either didn't get a food allowance and got in at no cost or got a food allowance and had to pay directly for any meals I got there. BTW, my food allowance was only around $110 per month, not much you could do with that. As far as the Navy Exchange(PX for you that didn't want to be around water), it isn't any cheaper than the civilian stores. The only difference is that there wasn't sales tax. If I was in Oregon, there wouldn't have been any difference in pricing. Here in Washington, it would save me between 7.5 and 8.5% in sales taxes. That's hardly what I would call discounted since I could just wait until the same item went on sale at a civilian store and pay the same thing for the same item.
3) Discounted gas? Not when I was in. It was possible it was reduced state taxes on gas. By the time all was said and done, I paid just as much for gas on base as I did out in town
4) Finally, you hit one that I COULD USE. Unfortunately, there are only two medical facilities that I have access to and neither one is on a military base. Both are overloaded and understaffed, when you can get in to be seen. It routinely takes months just to get an appointment. Worse yet, when I could get in, the closest one is south of Seattle, the other is outside of JBLM Lewis-McCord, almost 100 miles away. It's actually easier to use local civilian medical facilities, use my civilian medical insurance and pay the deductible. I don't have to wait for months and the care I receive is actually better

Now, let me repeat what I also posted earlier. 70+% of the AMA members didn't vote in the last election. That means only around 30% care about who is in Muncie and, even those don't get a real say in what's going on. I'm helping the other 70% that don't care since they don't get a say and probably know it. Since I can see what you can't, that being the AMA is in trouble on multiple fronts, maybe you need to start listening to what others are saying. Franklin is sounding an alarm and you can't see or hear it because you don't want to, just like you don't understand the military since you only saw things from the outside as a dependent and not as someone that was actually under contract

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 01-13-2019 at 02:24 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 05:18 AM
Appowner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Red S. was his name.
He stalked me too. But even then, he couldn't find what he wanted on me.
Old 01-13-2019, 05:24 AM
Appowner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I too am retired military. But don't thank me for my service Speedy. I don't want it. What I do want is to see you do something for the country for which I should thank YOU!

And Speedy, if you can post anywhere you want, so can I. Get over it! Grow up!

And BTW, my closest Military medical facility is 3 hours away. Next one is 5 hours. On the other hand I have a major University facility just 45 minutes away. Guess where I'll end up? And the VA is out of the question for me. Even in retirement I make too much money to qualify.

Last edited by Appowner; 01-13-2019 at 05:34 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 05:29 AM
Appowner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i do not believe i ever said it was a title, just a job description of sorts..

now for the record, he was a district contest coordinator at the time and used his inside with the AMA to find and release on open forum some of my personal details.

and i was not the only one he treated in such a manor.
they can speak up is they wish to, not my place to name them.
Ditto. He's also a Life Member and not too long ago they put him in the AMA Hall of Fame. Says a lot about the character of Muncie too.

His abuse of AMA records is one reason why I will never allow my info in their data base again. The AMA refused to provide any proof to me that such an event will never happen again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service