Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

A Challenge to the Faithful

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

A Challenge to the Faithful

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 04:46 AM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default A Challenge to the Faithful

Much has been said about the State of the AMA. About whether or not they pull any weight on capitol hill.

So I have a challenge for the faithful. I challenge you to contact your Congressman and Senators and have a face to face if possible to discuss the AMA and what if any influence they might have had regarding the FAA Re-Auth bill and new rules? The goal is to get their honest opinion as to the influence the AMA has.

Is this something the faithful are willing to do for the AMA? The hobby?

Understand that the further away from a face to face you get, the greater the chances of you getting another line of political BS for an answer.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:52 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would ask you if you have had a face to face with your elected officials yet? It sounds as if you are wanting some people to do this and report back to you with the results. I believe that without the AMA we would not be flying right now legally. In my thought process the AMA is shrinking in size as there are not as many younger members coming into RC Plane flying and the AMA clout might shrink a little as the annual membership falls. The AMA has people who's entire job is to talk and work with Washington DC and to work at protecting our flying rights. It makes it harder for them if anyone can go to the Hobby Shop or Amazon and get a drone, and fly the drone wherever and whenever they want to. It is this group of rebels that has gotten us into the position that we are in now. Almost everyday you can read about drone pilots doing stupid stuff, such as shutting down major airports, flying over forest fires so they have to ground the aerial tankers, flying into the Seattle Space Needle, and the list is endless for stupid stuff. There is no real way to stop this type of behavior. Drones have there place in society as long as the rules are followed. If you can produce a plan for stopping the stupid stuff, I would be the first to get it to our elected Officials for consideration.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:07 PM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidAgar
I would ask you if you have had a face to face with your elected officials yet? ..............................................
Not in the last 18 months as my wife and I retired and relocated a few states over. But while still living in Virginia I paid a visit a couple of times a year and called and e-mailed regularly. And I'm pretty certain we'd still be flying without the AMA efforts.

Your Turn!