Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA EC Key Measures of Performance - Last 15yrs

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA EC Key Measures of Performance - Last 15yrs

Old 02-24-2019, 08:52 AM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Propworn
I don't think they are too concerned. Getting someone to recognize you guys as a CBO might be more difficult than you imagine. Good luck.
Corporate lawyer and about 2000 bucks. Done!
Old 02-24-2019, 09:05 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 175 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Appowner
Corporate lawyer and about 2000 bucks. Done!

Well then what's stopping you? Show me that you have started the process and I will send you my 75.00.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:10 AM
Appowner
Banned

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie

Well then what's stopping you? Show me that you have started the process and I will send you my 75.00.

Like I have said many time before, My HEALTH prevents me from going that route. Pay attention will you?

F.I.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:35 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Like I have said many time before, My HEALTH prevents me from going that route. Pay attention will you?

F.I.
There in lies the crux of forming any organization finding a group willing to take on the work not just talk about it.

You need to do some research on what constitutes a CBO a little more in depth than hiring a lawyer.

Some level of government has to recognize you as a CBO.

You will need the same structure as the AMA. A board of directors and executive officers. You will also need a financial arm to account for day to day as well as yearly operations.

You will have to follow rules of operation as set down by not for profit legislation and you will have to draft up how management and its members are to conduct themselves which is all the trappings of the AMA.

But first the hardest part. The idea has merit now will the six or seven of you take on the task of organizing this??????? Already you have lost one Appy has health issues but I am sure he will be there for ya with immoral support.

You guys can’t appoint Franklin pres for life so what happens when and if a majority vote starts to take the new organization in a direction you don’t agree with? Remember majority rules.

I really hope you guys take this on it would be a good lesson and wake up call to what a real organization faces on a daily basis not a few disgruntled people who think they have the answers.

Come on pull up your big boy pants and give it a go I am sorely lacking some good entertainment.

Last edited by Propworn; 02-24-2019 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:53 AM
speedracerntrixie

F.I.
There lies the problem. So far all the guys complaining about the performance of the AMA aren’t willing or aren’t able to take action. Appowner, you have been highly critical of the action I have taken and continue to take to support the hobby as a whole however I am stepping up with some action. Whether you agree with it or not it is action none the less. Other then slapping your keyboard what have you done?
Old 02-24-2019, 10:19 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to do some research on what constitutes a CBO a little more in depth than hiring a lawyer.
It's precisely spelled out in the law.

Some organization has to recognize you as a CBO.
Yep. And the only one that matters is the FAA recognition. Of note, they haven't formally recognized AMA yet. Hence their whining in the EC meeting minutes about FAA not acting on their application for years.

You will need the same structure as the AMA. A board of directors and executive officers. You will also need a financial arm to account for day to day as well as yearly operations.
Nowhere does it say you "need the same structure as the AMA," just as nowhere does it say you need "a financial arm." Meeting the requiremes of US 501c3 organizations is the only rules you have to follow.

You will have to follow rules of operation as set down by not for profit legislation and you will have to draft up how management and its members are to conduct themselves which is all the trappings of the AMA.
Again, only law you have to follow is US non-profit. And in small companies, even non-profits, people can fill more than one role. So no legal need for "all the trappings of the AMA."

But first the hardest part. The idea has merit now will the six or seven of you take on the task of organizing this??????? Already you have lost one Appy has health issues but I am sure he will be there for ya with immoral support.
People can fill more than one role. No need for six or seven.

You guys can’t appoint Franklin pres for life so what happens when and if a majority vote starts to take the new organization in a direction you don’t agree with? Remember majority rules.
It'll just be necessary so long as being in a CBO matters at all. Once FAA takes a more active role in writing the rules for recreational sUAS operations, such as the replacement for the safety code, the need for the CBO will go away.

I really hope you guys take this on it would be a good lesson and wake up call to what a real organization faces on a daily basis not a few disgruntled people who think they have the answers.
Yep. Had my own formal company under US law. Not a LLC either, full blown incorporation. It's not as hard as you're trying to make it out to be.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:24 AM
franklin_m

There lies the problem. So far all the guys complaining about the performance of the AMA aren’t willing or aren’t able to take action. Appowner, you have been highly critical of the action I have taken and continue to take to support the hobby as a whole however I am stepping up with some action. Whether you agree with it or not it is action none the less. Other then slapping your keyboard what have you done?
Meanwhile, your beloved AMA continues on it's unsustainable spending path. I've warned about it for a couple years. The CFO has started warning about it the last couple EC meetings. And the marketing major's solution is to "realign" staff? And you wonder why they're in the fiscal shape they are. Just remember, four out of every ten dollars in total revenue goes to pay people at "Taj-Muncie." The same people who STILL haven't fixed the website ... among other things.

As far as what I've done? I worked with staffers and legislators to change language to make it much harder for a CBO to say that membership is required to fly recreational sUAS in the US. The "...and..." is now an "...or..." - Checkmate.

Last edited by franklin_m; 02-24-2019 at 10:31 AM.
Old 02-24-2019, 12:28 PM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Meanwhile, your beloved AMA continues on it's unsustainable spending path. I've warned about it for a couple years. The CFO has started warning about it the last couple EC meetings. And the marketing major's solution is to "realign" staff? And you wonder why they're in the fiscal shape they are. Just remember, four out of every ten dollars in total revenue goes to pay people at "Taj-Muncie." The same people who STILL haven't fixed the website ... among other things.

As far as what I've done? I worked with staffers and legislators to change language to make it much harder for a CBO to say that membership is required to fly recreational sUAS in the US. The "...and..." is now an "...or..." - Checkmate.

I fail to see how that is a positive for the hobby, not to mention that I have seen no evidence other then your " Peacocking " claim that you alone was responsible for any wording changes.

BTW, did you happen to notice that I directed that question solely to Appowner? How about you give him permission to answer questions for himself?
Old 02-24-2019, 02:04 PM
Appowner
Banned

It's precisely spelled out in the law.

Yep. And the only one that matters is the FAA recognition. Of note, they haven't formally recognized AMA yet. Hence their whining in the EC meeting minutes about FAA not acting on their application for years.

Nowhere does it say you "need the same structure as the AMA," just as nowhere does it say you need "a financial arm." Meeting the requiremes of US 501c3 organizations is the only rules you have to follow.

Again, only law you have to follow is US non-profit. And in small companies, even non-profits, people can fill more than one role. So no legal need for "all the trappings of the AMA."

People can fill more than one role. No need for six or seven.

It'll just be necessary so long as being in a CBO matters at all. Once FAA takes a more active role in writing the rules for recreational sUAS operations, such as the replacement for the safety code, the need for the CBO will go away.

Yep. Had my own formal company under US law. Not a LLC either, full blown incorporation. It's not as hard as you're trying to make it out to be.
He's Canadian. What does he know about American laws?

Been a few years since the last business I helped set up. That one was an LLC and is still going.
Old 02-24-2019, 02:08 PM
Appowner
Banned

Just for the record for you doubters. I have had five surgeries in my abdomen in the last 6 years. The last one was an emergency the evening of the 14th of Feb. As in roughly 2 weeks ago. I need at least one and maybe two more before the end of this year. This particular problem is due to a hernia mesh implant received 3 years ago. Two of the other surgeries were for colon cancer and one other was an emergency for a blocked and perforated intestine. Look up perforated for a clearer idea of what was happening to me.

Not to mention 6 months of Chemo and 30 days of radiation and the side effects that has had. Radiation fried nerves in my lower back which put me in a wheel chair. Then there's the total mess that is now my bowel function. Ever hit the head 24 times in a single day? I do so quite often!

Anyone care to change places with me, I'd be more than happy to do so. Anyone who cares to criticize me for not doing what they think is enough, can just go to hell!

Last edited by Appowner; 02-24-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-24-2019, 02:36 PM
speedracerntrixie

As a fellow human being I can certainly have empathy for your situation. Keep in mind that you are the one who walks into the heat of the kitchen under your own free will. Criticism gets met with Criticism.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:10 PM
franklin_m

I fail to see how that is a positive for the hobby....
It's positive for one simple reason: AMA was trying to convince people that to legally fly under 336 they needed to be members of AMA. Well, thanks to that change, the money that some of those folks might have otherwise sent to Muncie can now be spent DIRECTLY on hobby goods!

...not to mention that I have seen no evidence other then your " Peacocking " claim that you alone was responsible for any wording changes.
Since I noted that I'd worked with staffers to get that change, not a single person has come forward and said they did too..

BTW, did you happen to notice that I directed that question solely to Appowner? How about you give him permission to answer questions for himself?
I didn't like the tone of your comment...
Old 02-24-2019, 03:14 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Well with all the I've done this and I've done that plus all the charts and graphs coming out the wazzzzzoooooo and Franky's note that 6 or 7 are not needed that multiple hats can be worn by one person I would expect some action on this in the near future. I wait with baited breath, action speaks volumes, talk is cheap. Does this mean Franky is going to give it a go????? My grandma used to say "shyte or get off the pot" LOL

Dennis

Last edited by Propworn; 02-24-2019 at 03:17 PM.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:35 PM
speedracerntrixie

It's positive for one simple reason: AMA was trying to convince people that to legally fly under 336 they needed to be members of AMA. Well, thanks to that change, the money that some of those folks might have otherwise sent to Muncie can now be spent DIRECTLY on hobby goods!
Since I noted that I'd worked with staffers to get that change, not a single person has come forward and said they did too..

I didn't like the tone of your comment...

1. All that you did and what you continue to do is promote not joining the AMA. That gives ALL aero modelers a weaker voice with lawmakers. IMO AMA needs all the members it can get especially now. Congress is not going to listen to ANY lobby group with only 180,000 members. This however is not news to you or your followers, I would say more like a goal.

2. Just because nobody else claims something does not mean the credit goes to you, Jr. High mentality at best.

3. I don't care what you do or do not like! Start talking to people as peers and not subordinates and that may change. You are no longer in the military, I am not forced to respect your bars, here in real life if you want respect EARN it.

Last edited by speedracerntrixie; 02-24-2019 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:44 PM
Appowner
Banned

.......................... here in real life if you want respect EARN it.
That is a two way street. You might think about that.

You never answered my questions as to how 10 contests and 3 clubs helps Muncie's finances? Is it because you don't have an answer?
Old 02-24-2019, 03:49 PM
Appowner
Banned

Well with all the I've done this and I've done that plus all the charts and graphs coming out the wazzzzzoooooo and Franky's note that 6 or 7 are not needed that multiple hats can be worn by one person I would expect some action on this in the near future. I wait with baited breath, action speaks volumes, talk is cheap. Does this mean Franky is going to give it a go????? My grandma used to say "shyte or get off the pot" LOL

Dennis
I suspect grandma was talking to you more times than not.

And what about you? What have you done? Oh Yeah! You're safely tucked away in the Great White North. So the answer would be NOTHING. Except to employ your antagonistic condescending attitude. Wow! I'm not impressed!
Old 02-24-2019, 03:52 PM
speedracerntrixie

That is a two way street. You might think about that.

You never answered my questions as to how 10 contests and 3 clubs helps Muncie's finances? Is it because you don't have an answer?
Thats the problem with me asking a question or addressing ONE of you and all 3 Musketeers start hammering, things get lost. I do however remember stating the reasons, you may want to take some time to catch up. Reference post 115, we'll wait...

Oh and on the respect thing, I have offered the olive branch a few times, I even stopped posting in this forum for 2 weeks and you came and stalked me in other forums. Even threatened to hack my cell phone. Do you think I could EVER you you any form of respect after that? Then you want me to somehow feel sorry for you because of your heath issues? I'm quite sure that getting all worked up on RCU is not doing your health any good.

Last edited by speedracerntrixie; 02-24-2019 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-25-2019, 12:06 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Thats the problem with me asking a question or addressing ONE of you and all 3 Musketeers start hammering, things get lost.
Just out of curiosity, who are the 3 Musketeers, other than Porthos, Aramis and Athos. I hope you're not including me in that since I haven't posted in this thread in THREE DAYS
Old 02-25-2019, 03:57 AM
Appowner
Banned

That's the problem with me asking a question or addressing ONE of you and all 3 Musketeers start hammering, things get lost. I do however remember stating the reasons, you may want to take some time to catch up. Reference post 115, we'll wait...
.................................................. ....

And you still avoid the question.
I've posted my past efforts a number of times now. I suggest you do the same and do a little research. Maybe improve your comprehension.

And your so called olive branches have thorns. Always a catch which makes them not true offerings.

Last edited by Appowner; 02-25-2019 at 04:06 AM.
Old 02-25-2019, 05:02 AM
franklin_m

1. All that you did and what you continue to do is promote not joining the AMA. That gives ALL aero modelers a weaker voice with lawmakers. IMO AMA needs all the members it can get especially now. Congress is not going to listen to ANY lobby group with only 180,000 members. This however is not news to you or your followers, I would say more like a goal.
Your comment assumes that AMA is an effective voice. As demonstrated by their failure to stop registration, their failure to stop the FAA interpretation of the special rule, their failure to preserve 336, and their failure get what they wanted in the new FAA bill, it would appear that AMA is NOT an effective advocate. Continuing to give them money to advocate when they clearly don't do a good job is quite simply a waste of money. One thing you said is true, that it is that Congress is not going to listen to a group with only 180,000 members, and this is especially true when Congress knows that it's not 180k, but more like 140k PAYING members.

But more importantly, you completely ignore that 140,000 paying money to AMA represents $10,500,000 that could otherwise go DIRECTLY to hobby goods and services. You talk the plight of Mom & Pop hobby stores, and how they are should be the focus if we want to grow the hobby. Well, don't you think they'd like to see that TEN MILLION DOLLARS come their way? I would. Which is why I think money spent DIRECTLY on the hobby is always preferable to money spent indirectly (at best) ... especially when that money is going to ineffective "advocacy."

2. Just because nobody else claims something does not mean the credit goes to you, Jr. High mentality at best.
Regardless, the point remains that I spoke directly with a number of staffers and a couple legislators. I made the case how the "and" was being used by private dues collecting organizations to imply a membership requirement. And when they asked how to fix it, I said "change the 'and' to an 'or." And lo and behold it's "or" in the new law.

3. I don't care what you do or do not like! Start talking to people as peers and not subordinates and that may change. You are no longer in the military, I am not forced to respect your bars, here in real life if you want respect EARN it.
First, I didn't have bars. I was higher than that. And you can listen or not. BTW, calling you out to back up your points with facts and figures is not talking to someone as a subordinate. Nor is debating your points either. If your feelers get hurt, that's not my issue.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:02 AM
Appowner
Banned

...................................... Even threatened to hack my cell phone. ......................

Again, comprehension. When did I threaten to hack your phone? I DID point out how vulnerable you are to hacking. Posting all the crap you have about yourself. And mentioned it wouldn't take a whole lot to hack you. But that's based on my own experiences. I was trying to warn you!

You on the other hand continue to look for the absolute worse interpretation you can garner from anything I or Franklin say. Then you twist and try to use it to discredit us. When in reality you continue to demonstrate exactly how little you really do contribute. Not to mention understand!

F.I.

Last edited by Appowner; 02-25-2019 at 06:20 AM.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:18 AM
Appowner
Banned

.................................................. ........................
First, I didn't have bars. I was higher than that. ........................................
I had stripes. Six to be exact. Damn proud of it too. Not everyone can do what Franklin and I have done. I dare say some of our critics here would wash out in the first weeks.

I Froze in the desert. Sweat in the arctic. Slept in the rain. Sewage in the streets. Been shot at. Returned fire. Recovered aircraft and body parts. 14 different countries. Over 3 total years away from family, holidays, birthdays and anniversaries. Walked with Presidents.

Some have done a heck of a lot more. Some have done a heck of a lot different. All in my experience have done what they were asked.

Respect? Anyone who puts on a uniform deserves the respect of the nation. Anyone who claims otherwise doesn't deserve the fruits of our efforts.
Don't thank me for my service. It was my choice to do what I did. Instead do something for the nation for which I should thank you. Get involved!
Old 02-25-2019, 07:10 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

First, I didn't have bars. I was higher than that. And you can listen or not. BTW, calling you out to back up your points with facts and figures is not talking to someone as a subordinate. Nor is debating your points either. If your feelers get hurt, that's not my issue.
I didn't have bars either. I had stripes as well. Not quite as many as Appowner, but like Appowner, I:
1) was shot at, though I didn't have the option to return fire
2) spent time in the wet of Philippine monsoons, the heat of the middle east and east African coasts, the cold of the Sea of Japan on an early March morning during a resupply cycle and high humidity for months at a time.
3) went all over the world defending those that couldn't do so for themselves
4) left the military with an honorable discharge
Old 02-25-2019, 07:17 AM
speedracerntrixie

Again, comprehension. When did I threaten to hack your phone? I DID point out how vulnerable you are to hacking. Posting all the crap you have about yourself. And mentioned it wouldn't take a whole lot to hack you. But that's based on my own experiences. I was trying to warn you!

F.I.
Do you really want to stick with this story before I post the screen capture of exactly what was said?
Old 02-25-2019, 07:22 AM
Appowner
Banned

Do you really want to stick with this story before I post the screen capture of exactly what was said?

Knock yourself out. Let's see what it takes to make you feel threatened.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.