Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA Doesn't Allow This, Thankfully....

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Doesn't Allow This, Thankfully....

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 01:21 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

everything else aside,

the AMA would be tickled pink and seriously proud to have that many spectators at any event for free flight or anything.
Old 10-26-2019, 06:24 AM
049flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Concerning the kids;
Aren’t parents responsible for what they allow their kids to do, or in this case to attend. If a bunch of adults choose to do something “dangerous” they should be able to exercise that right. What activities they choose to bring their kids to is up to the parent and the parent should decide if the risk of the activity is acceptable to them and their children.

Don’t we have enough rules? My gosh we just suffered a new one, now we can’t fly above 400 feet!! Where will it end!
Old 10-26-2019, 10:10 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by astrohog

So, it is your stance that every one of the hundreds of people in that video are oblivious to the risks? You’re kidding, right?

Amazing how all of those modelers should know better, but don’t! We better send some humanitarian effort over there and educate them, lest someone get a cut on their pinkie! I can only imagine how thankful they all would be to be enlightened by your astute observations from afar.

Astro
Old 10-26-2019, 10:23 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Dick, unfortunately you are discovering that some ( most ) guys visit this forum just looking for arguments. I from time to time look at previous posts from some guys and for the most part some of these guys post nothing but negativity. I can only hope that there is joy in their life somewhere.
Old 10-26-2019, 11:09 AM
Dick T.

Thank for the comment speedracer. Have been a RCU member since 2008 so have seen this behavior all along. However it has gotten pretty silly in the last year or so.

Some folks feel their lot in life is to be a *****ly pear to the sane and decent people of the world. A whole list of appropriate Synonyms come to mind: bellyacher, crab, crank, croaker, crosspatch, curmudgeon, fusser, griper, grouch, grouser, growler, murmurer, mutterer, sourpuss and whiner just to name a few.

As the OP of this thread my sole purpose was to show an unsafe modeling event unlikely to ever occur in the US. One only needs to watch YouTube Channels depicting European events where spectators are in the middle of the action be it road racing to air shows. Then it is tear jerk time when dozens of people are mowed down or go up in flames. It seem to be part of their culture or "right" to be so cavalier. Thankfully in the USA we think differently about safety.

*****ly pears will always be around, "There but for the Grace of God go I"
Old 10-26-2019, 11:21 AM
speedracerntrixie

I agree, your thread here is a funny one. On one side you are correct that this type of scenario would never happen here in the US. The question next would be why not? You and I are what I would consider " club guys " and as such we know that an AMA sanctioned club would never stand for an event run in this manner. However, it has been said by more then one person whom frequents the AMA forums that AMA does not enforce their rules and members do not follow the rules, yet here we have a prime example that in fact demonstrates that rules are being followed and enforced.
Old 10-26-2019, 01:09 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
I agree, your thread here is a funny one. On one side you are correct that this type of scenario would never happen here in the US. The question next would be why not? You and I are what I would consider " club guys " and as such we know that an AMA sanctioned club would never stand for an event run in this manner. However, it has been said by more then one person whom frequents the AMA forums that AMA does not enforce their rules and members do not follow the rules, yet here we have a prime example that in fact demonstrates that rules are being followed and enforced.
Enforced by who? There are plenty of videos on YouTube that show people blatantly violating rules while flying planes. One that comes to mind is a jet jockey running by a sign that says not to operate turbines past that sign but does so anyway and flies the same jet over a freeway interchange. Who, pray tell, is enforcing the rules at that AMA sanctioned club field?

Not trying to be argumentative, just asking a very simple question in a situation that contradicts your last sentence completely
Old 10-26-2019, 01:27 PM
speedracerntrixie

Hydro, this is a case of where you see what you want to see. Sure if you go looking for those types of videos they are out there. What besides your negitive persona makes you think that those videos are the norm? Don't I recall you saying that you have not been a member of an AMA club for some time? Funny how you can determine that rules are not being followed when 1. You don't spend any time at any club sites, 2. Dick is absolutely correct that the scenario in the video does not happen here in the US.

We have had this conversation before as well which would support my comment about some guys just like to argue. So let's go through this again. Every club had a board of officers including a safety officer. If an incident gets reported to the safety officer he discusses it with the offending member. If farther action is warranted the board will discuss the matter and take action such as a suspension or even expulsion from the club. Just because you can sit in front of a computer and find a few videos of bad players does not mean that there are not thousands of guys following the rules. I'm pretty sure I can find some R/C boat guys on video acting like idiots, am I to assume all boat guys are idiots?
Old 10-26-2019, 01:43 PM
speedracerntrixie

This one took me all of 5 minutes to find.

Old 10-26-2019, 02:30 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dick, unfortunately you are discovering that some ( most ) guys visit this forum just looking for arguments. I from time to time look at previous posts from some guys and for the most part some of these guys post nothing but negativity. I can only hope that there is joy in their life somewhere.
LOL.

The whole premise of this particular thread is NEGATIVE!!!

That was my entire point from the beginning!

And now, those of you who do not like my particular opinion, are circling around, mocking me with memes and doing the self-righteous circle-jerk!

Classic! (and classy, too!)

Astro
Old 10-26-2019, 02:38 PM
speedracerntrixie

Astro, it's not your opinion people have a issue with. It's the sledge hammer that accompanies most of your posts.
Old 10-26-2019, 02:45 PM
astrohog

Originally Posted by Dick T.
Thank for the comment speedracer. Have been a RCU member since 2008 so have seen this behavior all along. However it has gotten pretty silly in the last year or so.

Some folks feel their lot in life is to be a *****ly pear to the sane and decent people of the world. A whole list of appropriate Synonyms come to mind: bellyacher, crab, crank, croaker, crosspatch, curmudgeon, fusser, griper, grouch, grouser, growler, murmurer, mutterer, sourpuss and whiner just to name a few.

As the OP of this thread my sole purpose was to show an unsafe modeling event unlikely to ever occur in the US. One only needs to watch YouTube Channels depicting European events where spectators are in the middle of the action be it road racing to air shows. Then it is tear jerk time when dozens of people are mowed down or go up in flames. It seem to be part of their culture or "right" to be so cavalier. Thankfully in the USA we think differently about safety.

*****ly pears will always be around, "There but for the Grace of God go I"
You must be a really classy guy! Do you name-call everyone who doesn't see things the same as you?
And do you really believe that just because you call something unsafe and have developed a threshold of your own personal safety, that you can cast judgement on others because they have different thresholds? Mighty self-important, aren't we?

It only takes a little common sense to see that everyone in that video is there of their own free will, and that they do not feel like they are in an unsafe environment.

How is it that YOU can clearly see that they are all idiots (your words)??

I think you should take a step back and re-evaluate your own self-importance.

Astro

Astro
Old 10-26-2019, 02:48 PM
astrohog

Astro, it's not your opinion people have a issue with. It's the sledge hammer that accompanies most of your posts.
UMMM...read my posts again......I stuck to the facts. I did not call anyone names. I stated my opinion.
PLEASE tell me how that relates to sledge hammers??????
I can't help it if people get their feelings hurt when they get called out on their crap, but don't project your BS onto me!!!

Astro
Old 10-26-2019, 02:54 PM
astrohog

Speedracerntrixie,

SERIOUSLY, why is it okay for (and why do you condone) the OP to mock me with Memes and call me a list of names?

Astro
Old 10-26-2019, 02:56 PM
speedracerntrixie

Not projecting a thing, just find it amusing that some guys feel so small that they think they need to be loud and rude to get their message heard. That kind of attitude IMO guarantees that I couldn't care less what you supposed facts are.
Old 10-26-2019, 03:01 PM
speedracerntrixie

Astro, where did I say I condone name calling? As for his reasons for doing so I can completely understand. Perhaps if you talked to people as opposed to talking at/down to them you would receive better reactions from people. I'm pretty certain me telling you this is not the first time you have heard those words.
Old 10-26-2019, 03:04 PM
astrohog

Every club had a board of officers including a safety officer. If an incident gets reported to the safety officer he discusses it with the offending member. If farther action is warranted the board will discuss the matter and take action such as a suspension or even expulsion from the club.
See, this is where I have a problem. They way you post this, it is stated as fact. You state it that way because it seemingly proves your argument.
Did you intend to state this as a fact?
Old 10-26-2019, 03:05 PM
astrohog

Not projecting a thing, just find it amusing that some guys feel so small that they think they need to be loud and rude to get their message heard. That kind of attitude IMO guarantees that I couldn't care less what you supposed facts are.
So.....Kinda like the OP's post, then?
Old 10-26-2019, 03:10 PM
speedracerntrixie

Well then show me an example of a club that does not function in this manner. Over the course of 43 years and 9 clubs that I have been involved with, this is the way it works. If you dispute this then by all means show me. In the meantime I will show you an example of a clubs board of directors including a safety officer.

Board of Directors
Old 10-26-2019, 03:10 PM
astrohog

Astro, where did I say I condone name calling? As for his reasons for doing so I can completely understand. Perhaps if you talked to people as opposed to talking at/down to them you would receive better reactions from people. I'm pretty certain me telling you this is not the first time you have heard those words.
Please show me where I "talked down" to someone...…
I parsed statements and asked questions of the OP as to their intent. Is that what you call, "talking down"??

Now, I WOULD consider calling someone, "special kind of stupid, bellyacher, crab, crank, croaker, crosspatch, curmudgeon, fusser, griper, grouch, grouser, growler, murmurer, mutterer, sourpuss and whiner" talking down to them, funny that you do not.
Old 10-26-2019, 03:12 PM
astrohog

Well then show me an example of a club that does not function in this manner. Over the course of 43 years and 9 clubs that I have been involved with, this is the way it works. If you dispute this then by all means show me. In the meantime I will show you an example of a clubs board of directors including a safety officer.

Board of Directors
LOL.

I asked you a simple question. You deflected. Par for the course.
Old 10-26-2019, 03:42 PM
Dick T.

You must be a really classy guy! Do you name-call everyone who doesn't see things the same as you?
And do you really believe that just because you call something unsafe and have developed a threshold of your own personal safety, that you can cast judgement on others because they have different thresholds? Mighty self-important, aren't we?

Actually Yes, especially when something unsafe can produce permanent injury or a fatality.

It only takes a little common sense to see that everyone in that video is there of their own free will, and that they do not feel like they are in an unsafe environment.

Probably because they may not have a clue how dangerous it is.

How is it that YOU can clearly see that they are all idiots (your words)??

Said it was an "idiotic situation" that was putting people at risk.

I think you should take a step back and re-evaluate your own self-importance.

I'm fine as is, thank you.

Astro

Astro
See embedded comments.
Old 10-26-2019, 03:48 PM
flyboy2610

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Love that pic, Dick T.! I saved it in my download file. There are a few places on the web it's perfect for!
Old 10-26-2019, 03:52 PM
astrohog

See embedded comments.
That's a convenient way to avoid being quoted.....

Probably because they may not have a clue how dangerous it is.

seriously? YOU can see it, but THEY can't? LOL
Said it was an "idiotic situation" that was putting people at risk.

LOL Same thing, right?
Astro
Old 10-26-2019, 05:28 PM
speedracerntrixie

Please show me where I "talked down" to someone...…
I parsed statements and asked questions of the OP as to their intent. Is that what you call, "talking down"??

Now, I WOULD consider calling someone, "special kind of stupid, bellyacher, crab, crank, croaker, crosspatch, curmudgeon, fusser, griper, grouch, grouser, growler, murmurer, mutterer, sourpuss and whiner" talking down to them, funny that you do not.

The way I read that was the comments/names were used in general. If you read them and felt that they applied to you then that sir was your choice. Perhaps I should be honest here and disclose the fact that I have known Dick T. for more than 30 years and have always known him to be a stand up guy. Each and every face to face meeting was always respectful as it should have been. Being respectful will bring you respect, most people will respond in kind. So when you post in here like you are getting up in someone's face as if they were your subordinate you should expect some pushback. Wether or not that is your objective from the get go is another topic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.