Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA Doesn't Allow This, Thankfully....

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Doesn't Allow This, Thankfully....

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 05:33 PM
jcmors

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Well then show me an example of a club that does not function in this manner. Over the course of 43 years and 9 clubs that I have been involved with, this is the way it works. If you dispute this then by all means show me. In the meantime I will show you an example of a clubs board of directors including a safety officer.

Board of Directors
Actually, over the years in the clubs that I have belonged to it is very rare for the club safety officer to even need to be brought into an issue. Normally one of the members will point out the mistake that someone may have made with relation to the safety rules. That is typically all it takes. Everyone seems to want to do the right thing for the most part. There are exceptions to every rule but the vast majority of those I have known from my interactions in clubs have been very safety conscious and just wanted to have fun and enjoy the hobby.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:51 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

The way I read that was the comments/names were used in general. If you read them and felt that they applied to you then that sir was your choice. Perhaps I should be honest here and disclose the fact that I have known Dick T. for more than 30 years and have always known him to be a stand up guy. Each and every face to face meeting was always respectful as it should have been. Being respectful will bring you respect, most people will respond in kind. So when you post in here like you are getting up in someone's face as if they were your subordinate you should expect some pushback. Wether or not that is your objective from the get go is another topic.
That is what I thought. Baseless accusations by you, and standing up for a 30+ year friend. FINALLY, got down to the truth!
Speed, for you to hide behind the statement, "the way I read that....If you read them and felt that they applied to you..." C'MON, REALLY? I am calling you out on that one!!! LOL it was pretty clear......
I don't know why you felt the need to defend your friend, nobody said he wasn't a stand up guy. I just really wanted to speak about the facts that were presented in the video, vs. the spin that was put on it from the OP.

Astro
Old 10-26-2019, 06:03 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

I too have seen the same thing but for simplicity I just stated the system that clubs have in place to enforce rules. I have also seen one member approaching another member end badly. I actually have had that happen to me as well. There needs to be a certain amount of tact involved when approaching a member about a rule violation. Feeling you have the right to scold another member rarely ends up well when a kind reminder would have sufficed. In my case I was in the process of landing. 43% Extra 260 and a club member thought I was flying over the no fly zone and felt the need to yell at the top of his lungs from 10' away as I was on final approach with a 40# airplane. The correct thing would have been to wait until after I had landed and then come over and talked to me about the alleged rule infraction rather then cause a safety issue.
Old 10-26-2019, 06:10 PM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by astrohog
That is what I thought. Baseless accusations by you, and standing up for a 30+ year friend. FINALLY, got down to the truth!
Speed, for you to hide behind the statement, "the way I read that....If you read them and felt that they applied to you..." C'MON, REALLY? I am calling you out on that one!!! LOL it was pretty clear......
I don't know why you felt the need to defend your friend, nobody said he wasn't a stand up guy. I just really wanted to speak about the facts that were presented in the video, vs. the spin that was put on it from the OP.

Astro

LOL, your calling me out.......what shall I do? Maybe some day you will figure out that NOBODY here is required to answer to you.
Old 10-26-2019, 06:37 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

shouldn't be talking about the op, speed.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:38 PM
astrohog

LOL, your calling me out.......what shall I do? Maybe some day you will figure out that NOBODY here is required to answer to you.
I understand....Pleading the fifth, eh?
Old 10-27-2019, 01:09 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Hydro, this is a case of where you see what you want to see. Sure if you go looking for those types of videos they are out there. What besides your negitive persona makes you think that those videos are the norm? Don't I recall you saying that you have not been a member of an AMA club for some time? Funny how you can determine that rules are not being followed when 1. You don't spend any time at any club sites, 2. Dick is absolutely correct that the scenario in the video does not happen here in the US.

We have had this conversation before as well which would support my comment about some guys just like to argue. So let's go through this again. Every club had a board of officers including a safety officer. If an incident gets reported to the safety officer he discusses it with the offending member. If farther action is warranted the board will discuss the matter and take action such as a suspension or even expulsion from the club. Just because you can sit in front of a computer and find a few videos of bad players does not mean that there are not thousands of guys following the rules. I'm pretty sure I can find some R/C boat guys on video acting like idiots, am I to assume all boat guys are idiots?
Let's make something clear, shall we. I didn't have to go searching for the video I'm referring to, it was right in the AMA forum. IIRC, there was a very large argument about it in the thread it was posted in.
Now, to comment on the thread YOU WENT SURFING FOR:
1) The IMPBA and NAMBA both have rules about operating a boat, starting with NO ONE IS TO BE IN THE WATER WHEN A BOAT IS RUNNING!!!!
2) The fact that he hit himself with the boat in a way that caused injury showed that he was being careless
3) Not knowing how dangerous of situation he was in says he shouldn't have been operating a boat to begin with. A "pointy bow" is the least of his worries. A balanced, sharpened and polished prop could have sliced off his finger in a heartbeat. A sharpened rudder could have cut through his boot and foot almost as fast. Just think, I haven't even gotten to how dangerous the batteries are, let alone trying to drain them by running the boat. That's what a battery charger/cycler is for
Those of us that race boats, like mine, all have to pass a verbal and performance test before actually running in competition for this very reason. Now, why don't you go find a video on an injury caused by a car, either R/C or full sized with an on board driver. I'm sure you will find fools there too

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 10-27-2019 at 01:21 AM.
Old 10-27-2019, 07:36 AM
speedracerntrixie

Hydro, the fact remains that we are both able to find videos that show both model airplane pilots and model boat drivers breaking rules. The question is do these videos represent each of the activities as a whole? I would say not. I don't think that a few bad players with R/C boats is representitive of that hobby and I would certainly hope that you would give us airplane guys the same consideration.

The direction of this thread at the moment is " Does the AMA enforce its rules "? From an experience standpoint I would say yes. The rules are enforced by the club staff and members as an extension of the organization in Muncie.

As far as the safety of the participants in the video goes. It's not something I would have participated in but then again I don't deem freestyle motocross safe either although that is a very popular sport. Safety to a certain degree is a personal choice. Dick T has every right to feel that the situation in the video is beyond reasonable safety practices. Astro has every right to express that everyone is there of free will and can leave the situation if they feel they are in danger. Mongo is right that we could only wish to get that kind of turnout at local events.

We have all had our experiences within the hobby, we all live in different locations so sometimes the experiences I may have had are not the same as others. We all have something to bring to the table to make our hobby better. Why must we bicker and be petty towards one another? Are we not all essentially in the same boat?
Old 10-27-2019, 09:22 AM
astrohog

Why must we bicker and be petty towards one another? Are we not all essentially in the same boat?
Shouldn't you include name-calling, or is that different?
Also, I guess it would depend on how sharp the nose of said boat is?

Astro
Old 10-27-2019, 10:54 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Ummm can't get enough of these astroflakes!!!!
Old 10-27-2019, 11:10 AM
astrohog

Originally Posted by Dick T.
Ummm can't get enough of these astroflakes!!!!
Keep going, you just keep showing what a classy guy you are..
Old 10-27-2019, 11:20 AM
Dick T.

Better than having none!
Old 10-27-2019, 01:10 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Dick T.

Better than having none!
Dick its pointless these guys will hijack every thread they get involved in and turn it into a personal PIZZING match that has nothing to do with the original ops question. Its like watching a cheap version of Space Balls where the characters claim their Swartz is Bigger than the other guys LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-27-2019, 02:29 PM
astrohog

Old 10-27-2019, 10:33 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Propworn
Dick its pointless these guys will hijack every thread they get involved in and turn it into a personal PIZZING match that has nothing to do with the original ops question. Its like watching a cheap version of Space Balls where the characters claim their Swartz is Bigger than the other guys LOL!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPkWZdluoUg
I'm not trying to hijack anything. My posts have amounted to the following:
1) Those flying the planes and those watching should be paying attention to what's going on so as to reduce the chances of someone being hit by an airplane. This was after watching the video posted by the thread starter
2) After Speed posted "However, it has been said by more then one person whom frequents the AMA forums that AMA does not enforce their rules and members do not follow the rules, yet here we have a prime example that in fact demonstrates that rules are being followed and enforced" I asked who was enforcing the rules, citing a video posted in another thread that showed the opposite being the case, resulting in not only no answer but twisting the question into an attack against model boaters by posting a video of someone getting hurt by operating a boat in an unsafe manner.
Seems to me that I'm not hijacking anything and, if anything, have been a relative nonfactor in the thread's discussion.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:48 AM
astrohog

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
Seems to me that I'm not hijacking anything and, if anything, have been a relative nonfactor in the thread's discussion.
And that is precisely why I continue on in these threads that degenerate to those simply defending their point of view to no end, up to and including memes and name-calling. I seem to feel the need to defend MYSELF.
Thank-you for your post, I will do my best to be the bigger person in the future and to refrain from posting when I see the thread moving off track.

Astro
Old 10-28-2019, 04:49 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Junky your not even an AMA member but you argue like a wanabee LOL

Junky has stated he would never take out an AMA membership so where is his dog in any discussion re the AMA?

His main interest is boats I would think he might spend most of his time on the boat forums. After all I have a few boats; a couple of helicopters and two quads but my main interest is RC Aircraft and its time consuming just to follow a few aircraft forums. The only time I go to any of the others is if I’m looking for information or an item.

Perhaps he has nothing of value to contribute there or being somewhat argumentative perhaps the mature boater has learned to ignore him. Should we be doing the same?

Remember his profile says he belongs to no club and he’s stated he has no use for the AMA so why does he get involved in AMA discussions? The only thing I can think of is to sow the seed of discontent and reduce the thread to his level of distraction.

There is an ignore button somewhere isn’t there?????????

Last edited by Propworn; 10-28-2019 at 06:45 AM.
Old 10-28-2019, 06:53 AM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
I'm not trying to hijack anything. My posts have amounted to the following:
1) Those flying the planes and those watching should be paying attention to what's going on so as to reduce the chances of someone being hit by an airplane. This was after watching the video posted by the thread starter
2) After Speed posted "However, it has been said by more then one person whom frequents the AMA forums that AMA does not enforce their rules and members do not follow the rules, yet here we have a prime example that in fact demonstrates that rules are being followed and enforced" I asked who was enforcing the rules, citing a video posted in another thread that showed the opposite being the case, resulting in not only no answer but twisting the question into an attack against model boaters by posting a video of someone getting hurt by operating a boat in an unsafe manner.
I answered your question on who enforces the rules in post 33 and I have answered the same question previously in a thread where you were an active participant. Is it time to make an appointment with a neurologist or are you just drinking too much Franklin Kool Aid?
Old 10-28-2019, 10:16 AM
Stickslammer

Speed, you jumped into this with post 29. You could have stayed out of it. You even managed to slam Franklin who`s not even here to defend himself.
Old 10-28-2019, 11:16 AM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by Stickslammer
Speed, you jumped into this with post 29. You could have stayed out of it. You even managed to slam Franklin who`s not even here to defend himself.

Stickslammer, with all due respect this is a public forum is it not? Franklin was brought up due to him continually referencing a single club in PA that was shut down due to not enforcing rules. 1 club out of 2,500 used an example for all AMA clubs. Hydro just seems to me as Franklin's parrot in his absence. Let me also point out that the AMA staff has been drug through the mud on multiple occasions here on this forum and are not here to defend themselves.

Old 10-28-2019, 12:15 PM
Dick T.

Originally Posted by astrohog
And that is precisely why I continue on in these threads that degenerate to those simply defending their point of view to no end, up to and including memes and name-calling. I seem to feel the need to defend MYSELF.
Thank-you for your post, I will do my best to be the bigger person in the future and to refrain from posting when I see the thread moving off track.

Astro
Appears the "degeneration" was initiated at Post #7 and continued downhill each time the same narcissist posted.
Yep, start the degeneration then later become the super hero to to save the day.
Being bigger than a pimple on a gnats bum indicates there is some distance to go.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:20 PM
Dick T.

SpeedRacer, thanks for the kind words concerning our 30 year acquaintance. Of course you know saying anything nice about someone does not play well when the Nephilim lurk in the shadows.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:40 PM
astrohog

Stickslammer, with all due respect this is a public forum is it not?
Dare I stick my neck out and correct you? Technically, this is a PRIVATE forum, wholly owned by Internet Brands...……
I have my, "sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me" suit on, so flame away! It will be fun to see what kind of special BS you will come up with for this one!!

Astro
Old 10-28-2019, 01:04 PM
speedracerntrixie

Well shoot there Astro, it seems ya got one over on me. However isn't membership in RCU granted to ANYONE who agrees to the terms? Fine line there pal. I suppose I should have said " as a member of RCU I am free to post wherever I choose ". Still my mistake for not realizing that you are just lurking around, waiting to point out any stupid thing you can. I hope the scoreboard you seem to be keeping gives you comfort in the years ahead.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:17 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

astro, put the demon on ignore, like the rest of us who wish to remain sane have done...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.