Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA Doesn't Allow This, Thankfully....

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Doesn't Allow This, Thankfully....

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 01:19 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Propworn
Junky your not even an AMA member but you argue like a wanabee LOL

Junky has stated he would never take out an AMA membership so where is his dog in any discussion re the AMA?
says the canadian, who is also NOT an AMA member...
Old 10-28-2019, 01:35 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by mongo
says the canadian, who is also NOT an AMA member...

Who frequently visits and fly's at AMA sites through an agreement between AMA and MAAC. I'm betting he has spent more time at AMA club sites than Hydro has and possibly more then you Mongo. Trying to exclude someone from participating because of nationality...........that says a lot.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:38 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Well shoot there Astro, it seems ya got one over on me. However isn't membership in RCU granted to ANYONE who agrees to the terms?
Hmmm....technically....NO. Just ask Chris P. Bacon and Porcia 83. They both agreed to the terms, but they are long gone....
It's what happens to trolls...…
Old 10-28-2019, 02:05 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by astrohog
Hmmm....technically....NO. Just ask Chris P. Bacon and Porcia 83. They both agreed to the terms, but they are long gone....
It's what happens to trolls...…

Old 10-28-2019, 02:16 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

That's great.....EXCEPT I follow the rules here. I've been around here for awhile (longer than most!). Don't really plan on going anywhere anytime soon!
Old 10-28-2019, 02:25 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Who frequently visits and fly's at AMA sites through an agreement between AMA and MAAC. I'm betting he has spent more time at AMA club sites than Hydro has and possibly more then you Mongo. Trying to exclude someone from participating because of nationality...........that says a lot.
Trying to belittle me because I won't join your "Good Ol' Boys Club" says even less. Propworm is Canadian and therefore has no ax to grind in the political workings of the US and, therefore, shouldn't be involved in any conversation about what happens between the FAA and AMA. He is also only allowed to fly at US sites AS A COURTESY, nothing more. He has no more clout than a Canadian Mountie trying to write a traffic ticket in Oregon, meaning essentially none.
As far as me being Franklin's parrot, you don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. My concern in this thread is the safety of those at an event, regardless of how big or small that event is. By launching unguided planes over the heads of others, especially those that aren't paying attention, shouldn't have been allowed and is dangerous at best, deadly at worst. That should be evident to anyone with a brain.
Getting back to the question about who is enforcing the rules, your answer was "a safety officer". That means nothing, especially since that person is either a volunteer that wants to "be someone", usually meaning that they want to have a title, or someone appointed by the president. What it does not mean is that the safety officer will actually do anything unless they actually have no choice but to act. If said "safety officer" is part of the "Good Ol' Boy Club" as most officers usually are, they won't say anything to one of their "buddies" unless there is a major demand to do so. Been there seen that at too many organizations to count over the years. BTW, Speed, when you posted that video of the guy impaling his leg with his boat, he was running with no one else around. The thread I referenced had several people along side the taxiway, making the pilot's actions even more offensive. The fact that not one person said anything to the guy, at least while the plane was being taxied, says that IF there was a safety officer there, he wasn't doing his job. That leads me back to the question, "WHO'S ENFORCING THE RULES"?

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 10-28-2019 at 02:54 PM.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:40 PM
speedracerntrixie

Hydro,

1. While Propworn is in the US and flying at an AMA club site he is expected to follow AMA and FAA rules. As such he is entitled to participate in such conversations.
2. The only Good 'Ol Boys club I see around here is the " Shipmates" club.
3. As somone who does not frequent AMA club sites, who are you to say what happens at those sites.
4. Neither you nor I have any idea if that jet pilot was warned after that flight. It is possible that somone said something to him when it was appropriate and that would have been after the jet was powered down.
5. I have answered your question about how rules are enforced. It's your choice to beleive me or not. Repeating the question will not change the answer.
Old 10-28-2019, 03:33 PM
Hydro Junkie

Hydro,

1. While Propworn is in the US and flying at an AMA club site he is expected to follow AMA and FAA rules. As such he is entitled to participate in such conversations. Do you have any say in what the MAAC does in Canada? Does your opinion mean anything to the Canadian equivalent of the FAA or MAAC? He can stay on his own side of the border when it comes to talking politics as he has no say on this side of the border
2. The only Good 'Ol Boys club I see around here is the " Shipmates" club. Not true. Franklin and I are part of "THE VETERAN'S CLUB". This elitist club can only be joined by those that have served in one of the five branches of the US Military, something you obviously have not done or you wouldn't be so disrespectful. As far as a "Good Ol' Boys Club, just look at Muncie and the AMA's officer core. Name me one that hasn't been an officer at least once prior to this term. You also have to remember that a certain officer basically "rigged" the last election by manipulating the magazine's content and the rules used to run the election
3. As somone who does not frequent AMA club sites, who are you to say what happens at those sites. Go to any organization and you will see the same things as you will at an flying field. The politics and behind the scenes manipulating is the same, regardless of what the hobby is.
4. Neither you nor I have any idea if that jet pilot was warned after that flight. It is possible that somone said something to him when it was appropriate and that would have been after the jet was powered down. He should have been told to stop the plane and shut it down by someone as soon as he passed that sign that said "NO TURBINES". The fact that he wasn't should be all you need to see to know that rules enforcement is not a priority, at least at that site
5. I have answered your question about how rules are enforced. It's your choice to beleive me or not. Repeating the question will not change the answer. Obviously you have not, since my response to your note 4 says no one was enforcing the rules. Try again, since I still haven't seen a believable answer

See above for my responses to your comments.
Now, as to your comment about Franklin referencing one club in PA, you could say the same about me referencing the video of the flying field in FL. That said, you really can't say any more about what happens with your lack of knowledge since you've only been to roughly half a dozen sites yourself. That's only .28% of all the flying sites in the US, not enough for you to say your answer is an actual fact

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 10-28-2019 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-28-2019, 03:53 PM
speedracerntrixie

For the record, I have respect for our servicemen and veterans, not as much for those who use there Veteran status to gain favor over others. Once again I find myself repeating, my youngest son is currently serving as a US Marine, my father is retired Air Force, I have been in the defense industry for 25 years. I myself have not served but that in no way means I have a lack of respect for those who deserve it. Every once in a while my dad would offer up the words " I have to respect the uniform but not the man ". He was usually referring to somone who was pulling rank when it wasn't nessesary.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:39 PM
Hydro Junkie

For the record, I have respect for our servicemen and veterans, not as much for those who use there Veteran status to gain favor over others. Once again I find myself repeating, my youngest son is currently serving as a US Marine, my father is retired Air Force, I have been in the defense industry for 25 years. I myself have not served but that in no way means I have a lack of respect for those who deserve it. Every once in a while my dad would offer up the words " I have to respect the uniform but not the man ". He was usually referring to somone who was pulling rank when it wasn't nessesary.
For your information, I wasn't pulling rank or asking for favors. What I was doing is responding to your comment "Shipmate's Club". Just so you know, your son and father are also members of "The Veteran's Club", not just me and Franklin. This is much different from a "Good Ol' Boys Club" as the members to that club are usually a bunch of people that like to be in charge, resist change and new ideas, only see their friends as worthy of their time and will change rules to avoid letting others get a say. I have seen this quite often in hobby organizations, not just flying clubs.
Old 10-29-2019, 06:01 AM
Stickslammer

bmfa.org - British Model Flying Association

https://bmfa.org
The BMFA is the body delegated by the Royal Aero Club to be responsible for all aspects of model flying in Great Britain. The BMFA has around 820 clubs affiliated to it, with a combined membership from clubs and individual members of over 36,000. Membership brings many benefits, including 3rd party liability insurance of up to £25 million.

Not to condone unsafe practices, but it appears as though everyone was having a jolly good time.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:30 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

yeah, and if ya have ever been to a FF event here in the states, it is somewhat similar, although somewhat lacking in the amount of participants. we do have to be watchful of the really senior guys and their mopeds/scooters. they will run right over ya trying to keep their model in sight while chasing it down.

Last edited by mongo; 10-30-2019 at 10:13 AM.
Old 10-30-2019, 06:18 AM
Stickslammer

The camera kept going back to that guy with the blue and yellow plane. It looked like it would have done really well if he could have just coaxed a little more power from that engine. Sounded like it had a pretty sizeable air leak.
Old 10-31-2019, 04:47 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Now, I WOULD consider calling someone, "special kind of stupid, bellyacher, crab, crank, croaker, crosspatch, curmudgeon, fusser, griper, grouch, grouser, growler, murmurer, mutterer, sourpuss and whiner" talking down to them, funny that you do not.
Now I would call that a pretty accurate description
Old 10-31-2019, 06:19 AM
Propworn

Speedracerntrixie,

SERIOUSLY, why is it okay for (and why do you condone) the OP to mock me with Memes and call me a list of names?

Astro
Because it’s what your after so you can go on and on with more of your diatribe that has nothing to do with the flavor or intent of the ops post. Hijacking to say the least.
Old 10-31-2019, 06:48 AM
Propworn

Number one none of this has anything to do with politics. Besides if you’re narrow minded enough not to have an interest or questions about the politics of other nations that you may or may not have to interact with you’re a bigger fool than even I thought in the first place.

Can I change or influence anything? No but it’s to my advantage to educate myself as to what is going on. To do that I certainly would not depend on anything being discussed here I would go to a reliable source for my information. That is why I can tell you for a fact I do not discuss politics on any forum. It’s like discussing religion a waste of time.

Same with points of law or rule making. You guys have your opinion but for the most part it’s incomplete or sometimes completely misleading and wrong. Instead there are avenues to connect directly with the agency and find out the true interpretation.

I fly in the US where ever I travel, at events and club sites. I have been the pilot, advisor and mentor for the local university when they compete at the SAE Aerodesign competition in Florida, Georgia, Texas and California over the years. My responsibility is to be aware of the rules and changes and comply with them when in your country. I have had my FAA number since the beginning and never canceled it when they temporarily rescinded the requirement.

My MAAC insurance covers me in the US as first party insurance for 7.5 million personal liability providing I follow the more stringent of the AMA and MAAC safety guidelines. If it were needed I would gladly join the AMA but since I could only be an associate member with no voting privileges it is not needed. That is why there is a reciprocal agreement between the two organizations. It is not just a privilege to be able to operate in this fashion but with that is a responsibility to be aware and follow the requirements of the host country.

My posts do not argue on the validity or interpretation of politics, rule making or law but simply draw attention to the idiotic fashion in which some of you hijack the ops topic and turn it into a personal pizzing contest that has nothing to do with the original topic. That is known as a waste of skin and air.

Dennis
Old 10-31-2019, 11:05 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Well said Dennis, thank you.

Hijacking threads has become an art form by a handful of RCU members to the detriment of the entire site. I guess they have nothing else constructive to do and little to contribute other than tromp around bully like on other peoples threads or comments.

Once the thread has been thoroughly trashed and received enough pushback they move elsewhere, fall silent or block posters so they can feel they had the last word.

Won't stop me from perusing RCU or posting as I have done for years. But the wankers will always be there ready to dump on someone's post.