Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA EC Financial Performance

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA EC Financial Performance

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2023, 01:49 PM
ECHO24

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Comments are one thing, views ... or impressions ... are another...

You and others like you must be concerned about that reach,
"DIY Edible Slime Candy" has 32,000,000 views.
Old 08-12-2023, 02:30 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

I have to wonder what the motivating factor that drives Franky. I don't know about the rest of you but if I offer my expertise pro bono and am told basically thanks but no, thanks. That would be the end of it and I would move on. Where does this undying need for the leadership at the AMA to prostrate themselves at the feet of Franky? He claims he does it for the benefit of as he puts it the unwashed masses. What is the definition (his) of the unwashed masses. Anyone heard a clambering for a champion? Anyone? All everyone needs is a self-appointed prophet/saviour. He's burned so many bridges he cannot be that dull that the chances of him attaining a position within the AMA is less than zero. So just what is his end game? Could it be to cause as much disruption as possible in retaliation from some perceived slight?

This from an EC member Franky proposed a discount for service personnel. Voted on and passed. In the work up the AMA wanted credit for supporting the troops with that discount. They were informed it didn't meet the criteria for formal recognition. The two parties could not come to an agreement and the discount never materialized.

From the same EC member Franky wanted support for a club on a military base that only military personnel would have access too. He was informed that the AMA did not fund private clubs.

He starts his program to discredit the leadership of the AMA. How many years now has he raged at the wall?

Then he attempts to take the high road saying he volunteers his expertise to right all the wrongs of the present and past administration. Any wonder he was turned down flat? Then he's acting on behalf of the unwashed masses. Exactly who are these unwashed masses? Do they know he considers them unwashed masses? Did any of them ask for his help? Do they know he's causing all this horse pucky in their name?

In my opinion his actions are simply vindictive in nature against an organization he perceives as weeing in his oatmeal.

Remember the charts and graphs were designed by him, hardly an unbiased source. There is an old saying that goes something like this: Figures lie and liars figure.
Old 08-12-2023, 03:37 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 177 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
And the impact of that event on the decades of decline - is also insignificant.
Did not affect my enjoyment one little bit.
Old 08-12-2023, 03:39 PM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by Propworn
I have to wonder what the motivating factor that drives Franky. I don't know about the rest of you but if I offer my expertise pro bono and am told basically thanks but no, thanks. That would be the end of it and I would move on. Where does this undying need for the leadership at the AMA to prostrate themselves at the feet of Franky? He claims he does it for the benefit of as he puts it the unwashed masses. What is the definition (his) of the unwashed masses. Anyone heard a clambering for a champion? Anyone? All everyone needs is a self-appointed prophet/saviour. He's burned so many bridges he cannot be that dull that the chances of him attaining a position within the AMA is less than zero. So just what is his end game? Could it be to cause as much disruption as possible in retaliation from some perceived slight?

This from an EC member Franky proposed a discount for service personnel. Voted on and passed. In the work up the AMA wanted credit for supporting the troops with that discount. They were informed it didn't meet the criteria for formal recognition. The two parties could not come to an agreement and the discount never materialized.

From the same EC member Franky wanted support for a club on a military base that only military personnel would have access too. He was informed that the AMA did not fund private clubs.

He starts his program to discredit the leadership of the AMA. How many years now has he raged at the wall?

Then he attempts to take the high road saying he volunteers his expertise to right all the wrongs of the present and past administration. Any wonder he was turned down flat? Then he's acting on behalf of the unwashed masses. Exactly who are these unwashed masses? Do they know he considers them unwashed masses? Did any of them ask for his help? Do they know he's causing all this horse pucky in their name?

In my opinion his actions are simply vindictive in nature against an organization he perceives as weeing in his oatmeal.

Remember the charts and graphs were designed by him, hardly an unbiased source. There is an old saying that goes something like this: Figures lie and liars figure.
He simply takes grudges to a new level. He probably keeps a list like Sheldon Cooper.
Old 08-12-2023, 04:59 PM
ElectriMan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Frank, This might help in the future.

Old 08-12-2023, 06:59 PM
franklin_m

Interesting that nobody refuted any of the trends, the underlying numbers, or the conclusions about the future of the AMA. Instead, the same cadre resorts to personal attacks. Reminds me of a quote from Socrates:

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser"

Old 08-12-2023, 07:03 PM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by Propworn
So what about them is incorrect? I've cited the form, the schedules, the line numbers, and the methods.You have all the data available to you, heck I even posted the AMA's actual IRS forms they filed in the other thread. So you have everything you need to prove me wrong if indeed my "Figures lie..."
Old 08-12-2023, 07:48 PM
Propworn

No one cares what horse pucky you come up with. Except for the handfull of wing men on here and how many are actually AMA members. Good grief take it as a sign when you get punted from other forums and not one member of the site objects to you leaving. Does don't let the door hit you on the backside sound familiar? Is this the only forum that tolerates you?
Old 08-12-2023, 07:56 PM
ECHO24

The only purpose of DIY Slime Candy is to gawk at an oddity. That's franklin. He's found his niche portraying the hobby as miserable as he can, Obviously people are going to respond. It's to keep his name out there, for whatever that's worth. That's about it.

There are plenty of things to criticize AMA over, but the hobby is in decline mainly because of the demographic. Kind of hard to tell in speedracerntrixie's photos but it looks like all gray-hairs.
Old 08-13-2023, 02:58 AM
Propworn

Originally Posted by ECHO24

There are plenty of things to criticize AMA over, but the hobby is in decline mainly because of the demographic. Kind of hard to tell in speedracerntrixie's photos but it looks like all gray-hairs.
With the youngsters this hobby presents a few obstacles. The biggest one is peer involvement. What are your peers involved with. Probably not model airplanes. I have a good friend that owns an extensive hobby shop. He has dropped model trains. Plastic models are way down and most who build them are older adults. The section on rockets has shrunken to 1/4 the size it was. Even rc boats have lost shelf space. The only one he sees still fairly strong is rc vehicles.

Take our hobby what are the chances your freinds would show interest when there is so many easier ways to have fun today with instant access and instant gratification.

A youngster getting into the hobby today:
Building, assembling, getting a model ready to fly is a solo endeavor your peers are doing other fun things. Are you being left behind?
I've heard kids including mine say its dads hobby not mine. Yes both my boys tried it and had no interest.
Interest in the opposite sex.
Finding a place to enjoy the hobby be it a field or club.
The learning curve to fly successfully. One only needs to put an rc car on the ground or climb on a atv or dirt bike and you most certainly will enjoy being with your peers as well.

There is a whole new world competing for the recreational dollar its no wonder there is a decline in traditional hobbies. Its not just youngsters its prevalent in adults as well. Ever notice when times are good and there is extra funds the big toys like boats, bikes and rvs get a lot of use. Most have limited free time so hobbies like ours may move to the back burner. When times get tough the big toys may get put on hold and for a few bucks you can dig out the rc planes and go have fun.

So many variables affect the growth and decline of our hobby it's a fools game attempting to blame any one organization for a decline.
Old 08-13-2023, 05:21 AM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by ECHO24
The only purpose of DIY Slime Candy is to gawk at an oddity. That's franklin. He's found his niche portraying the hobby as miserable as he can, Obviously people are going to respond. It's to keep his name out there, for whatever that's worth. That's about it.

Regarding the demographic, you are of course mostly correct. I regret that I didn’t take more pictures, but I was very happy to see some families out there and we did have some very talented pilots under 30. At noon there was a freestyle contest that was very entertaining that had 6 entries, all under 40.

Last edited by speedracerntrixie; 08-13-2023 at 09:00 AM.
Old 08-13-2023, 11:12 AM
R_Strowe

Originally Posted by astrohog
By your definition, it certainly looks like the exalted leaders at the AMA are....

Oh, the irony!! LOL

Astro
You are assuming that they (the AMA) are expecting a different result.

Maybe they understand that the hobby is in decline, and that very little of it is under the control of AMA.

R_Strowe
Old 08-13-2023, 11:14 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Regarding the demographic, you are of course mostly correct. I regret that I didn’t take more pictures, but I was very happy to see some families out there and we did have some very talented pilots under 30. At noon there was a freestyle contest that was very entertaining that had 6 entries, all under 40.
Good to know that clubs are embracing freestyle now. A few years back, the FOGS did whatever they could to outright ban that kind of flying, even though it was the obvious draw for the younger generation of modelers. I guess it only took a decade or so for them to realize that doing candy drops from a Kadet wasn’t going to capture the attention of the next generation…….

Astro
Old 08-13-2023, 11:16 AM
astrohog

Originally Posted by R_Strowe
You are assuming that they (the AMA) are expecting a different result.

Maybe they understand that the hobby is in decline, and that very little of it is under the control of AMA.

R_Strowe
That is their entire mission statement….

LOL

Astro
Old 08-13-2023, 11:44 AM
speedracerntrixie

Good to know that clubs are embracing freestyle now. A few years back, the FOGS did whatever they could to outright ban that kind of flying, even though it was the obvious draw for the younger generation of modelers. I guess it only took a decade or so for them to realize that doing candy drops from a Kadet wasn’t going to capture the attention of the next generation…….

Astro
Actually they did do a candy drop as well with a twist. They dropped one single Fireball along with the rest of the candy. The young person who found the Fireball received a goody bag of aviation related toys. The hit of the day IMO was the limbo. Won with a Q500 that deadsticked under the string inverted, half rolled and landed,
Old 08-13-2023, 12:00 PM
astrohog

The hit of the day IMO was the limbo.
But we all know you suffer a bit with confirmation bias!

Astro
Old 08-13-2023, 12:16 PM
speedracerntrixie

But we all know you suffer a bit with confirmation bias!

Astro
I’d like everyone to take notice that I was quite civil to Astro today and he pops off with this.
Old 08-13-2023, 02:04 PM
Propworn

Hey don't know where to ask this but is there a way to block a person sending you PM's. I just don't care to hear from him.
Old 08-13-2023, 02:30 PM
astrohog

I’d like everyone to take notice that I was quite civil to Astro today and he pops off with this.
Oh, lighten up, Francis! That WAS a completely light-hearted jest (see the smiley?).

Astro
Old 08-13-2023, 02:44 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

if that quoted post qualifies as uncivill...

damn.
Old 08-13-2023, 02:47 PM
astrohog

Originally Posted by mongo
if that quoted post qualifies as uncivill...

damn.
He's had people banned for less.....LOL

Astro
Old 08-14-2023, 12:28 PM
mongo

anybody else wonder why it has been 5 months since anyone posted in the MAAC forum on this site, and yet the pale northerners keep on posting in the AMA section?
have they not proven how well they can screw up things at home, that they now want to do the same here where we live?

Last edited by mongo; 08-14-2023 at 06:28 PM. Reason: fat finger typo
Old 08-14-2023, 12:41 PM
ECHO24

What also stood out were the thousands $$ in RC gear and planes. Not exactly for kids but all very cool. That's the flaw in franklin's doomsday scenario. AMA won't just up and vanish as long as there are fixed fields and people wanting to fly there. AMA's size and budget might have to adjust, but the hobby isn't going away in our lifetime. The sun is also going to explode in a few billion years and vaporize earth.
Old 08-14-2023, 12:48 PM
mongo

being someone who has a lot of that high dollar stuff,

try to get any where near what it is, or may be, worth out of it.

no one is buying.

it will die with those of us that are already starting to die off.
Old 08-14-2023, 01:42 PM
paulsf86
My Feedback: (52)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

As a mater of fact, your event had more of a positive impact on our hobby than Franklin's last 100+ posts. Please. speedracer, keep up the good work promoting our hobby in a positive way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.