Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

On ethics and RIGHTS of AMA member.

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

On ethics and RIGHTS of AMA member.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 09:03 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default On ethics and RIGHTS of AMA member.

In real elections things can get tight among those that are really concerned. While there are those that will turn and run from any obstacle. There are also those of us that wish to remove those obstacles, so we don't run from opposition.

Like the LA Times there are those that can find all kinds of dirty slush that never seemed to exist until someone discovers it at the approaching Zero hour for an election.

The AMA Nominating Committee (NC), the 11 District elected VPs and the nationally elected EVP constituting that committee, have known these rules for some 15 years. If operating within those rules is offensive or less than proper, well my friends, the EC made those rules, and they have lived with them for some time, When there are more than 3 persons nominated, then the NC exercises their assigned duties to select 3 persons for the ballot. They have performed that duty even before this year.

JR & JB forget it is the right of an Open AMA Member to nominate anyone he/she so desires for either their specific District VP or for a national office. That nominee then goes to the Nominating Committee and if certain qualifications are complied with, then the NC determines the names for the ballot. Just because a person is nominated does not secure a place on the ballot. That is the NC's job to decide the ballot's names.

If a nominee, him/herself nominates others, then that is his/her right within the NC's rules. The NC will determine WHO RUNS AGAINST WHOM. Therefore no rules established by the EC/NC have been broken, and the EC/NC has used these rules for 15 years or there abouts.

JR complains about the "INTENT." If the "Intent" was not established within the EC/NC's rules, then they must have wasted some 15 years in NOT changing them. JR certainly must not have much faith in the EC/NC's judgment, only his own *opinion* of INTENT! Of course I have not denied my own lack of faith in EC judgments!![:-]
OTOH, I am volunteering to give my limited time to do something ABOUT that problem, and it was not a spur of the minute thing on my part.

Where was all this "Ethics Ranting" last year when a person from the same area as the incumbent EVP was placed on the ballot and that person's campaign statement stated that he did not want the job and thus supported the incumbent?

I believe an AMA Member has many rights:

Right to petition AMA officers, and have those petitions answered,
Right to the protection of AMA Insurance,
Right to be informed of ALL AMA business
Right to expect AMA to PROMOTE ALL model aviation as a
worthwhile recreation, sport, hobby and competition events.
Right to expect and receive help in establishing flying facilities,
Right to expect AMA to protect his/her activity from all
governmental intervention.

In addition, an AMA member has the right to be a responsible member and remain active in exercising that responsibility to assure that those rights are retained for his/her enjoyment.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27489.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	66217   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34891.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	66218  
Old 10-08-2003, 01:37 AM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: On ethics and RIGHTS of AMA member.

Horrace

This is the last rebuttal to your bs that I am going to make. In the future, I will leave it to others to do so, if they so please. If not, the soapbox is yours. Just as a favor, please do not destroy every thread in the forum with your garbage. Occasionally it’s nice to have a discussion without it.

The rights of an AMA member are set forth in the By-Laws and the Standing Rules, and in the laws governing the AMA. I would, once again, urge each reader to read them.

An AMA member has the right to expect that the AMA will turn the moon to green cheese. One may expect anything they like.

I have the right to petition you to shut up. The AMA must answer, but, not in the affirmative, just as I am sure you will not.

Each right you assert that a member has is either bs or a half truth.

The fact remains that the only right of an AMA member is to vote, as set forth in the By-Laws.

I don't agree with your ethics. You can rightly rebut that. That is for each individual to make a decision on. I have never argued that. You think what you did was OK, I don't. I am not sure why you are so concerned with MY opinon of YOUR ethics.

You think it's OK to use faulty accounting analysis and to give two reasons for the same financial action, I don't. You are correct that a third grader can understand what you say about accounting. Try it on a fifth grader. As you said in your own words, you are no wizard when the topic turns to accounting.

I am not sure why you feel the need to reference me in virtually every post you make. Is it that you are feeling inferior? If so, please don’t. You ARE entitled to YOUR opinion. I have fought for others in this forum to be allowed to have their opinion and I will for you too, if you feel it is necessary. I am sure, if you really work at it, that you can find enough self-esteem to make a post on your own, without a validation.

JR
Old 10-08-2003, 07:11 AM
SAPropbuster
My Feedback: (5)

JR,

You know that when people are behind the gun and up against the wall that they start babbling forth so much BS in hopes that they can talk their way out of the situation... When you know you are loosing to a WRITE-IN Candidate, you start to go figure a way to bash everybody... And keep YOUR name out there in hopes....
This is what HC is doing...putting his name out there and hoping someone will answer his thread and prolong the enevitable. His leg is in the trap and he's going to chew it off!

I don't think that Mr. Cain will have to worry about resigning (like he did in D-VI) from D-VIII VP as he'll never get there... Much like his quest for EVP....zilch! No contest!

Bye, bye HC...

Old 10-08-2003, 07:41 AM
rsallen13
My Feedback: (1)

I don't think anyone in these forums questions the NC ethics but the ethics behind the reasons that SF and HC used the system. The NC was stuck in the fact that SF and HC followed the "rules" instead of the intent. If they had not felt that the intent had been violated they would not be looking at possible changes to the system as they are doing now.

Horrace, would you support a change to the nominating process that does not allow incumbents to nominate others to run against them? How about two members in the same district not being allowed to nominate each other for the same ballot?

I'd ask Sandy but we've not seen or heard from him in awhile, but if your out there feel free to respond.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:31 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

>>>>>>>>
JR says: This is the last rebuttal to your bs that I am going to make.
<<<<<<<

Heard BS like that before, however since only YOU present BS you can continue to rebut since there is no bs in what I post.

>>>>>>>>>>
JR says: Each right you assert that a member has is either bs or a half truth.
<<<<<<<<<<<

JR, those were rights that I stated, "I believe..." and not as published somewhere in some document established by some OTHER person's belief.
As an EC person doing business with an AMA member, I did and will treat that member as if he DOES have such right.
I leave it to you dictatorial types to treat members in whatever manner you so choose.

As far as the accounting, why have you not called your buddy on your magic telephone and published his remarks?

Just like JB, you too need help.

Old 10-08-2003, 08:33 AM
P-51B

Do we really need ANOTHER thread on this same issue?[]
Old 10-08-2003, 08:47 AM
J_R

P-51 B

No. I apologize to you and to everyone else on this forum. Unfortunatley, there is little I can do about it.

JR
ORIGINAL: P-51B

Do we really need ANOTHER thread on this same issue?[]
Old 10-08-2003, 11:28 AM
the troll
Banned

ORIGINAL: J_R

P-51 B

Unfortunatley, there is little I can do about it.

JR
Well... you could just SIMPLY end the discussion JR...
Old 10-08-2003, 01:42 PM
J_R

ORIGINAL: I2DDD

P-51 B

JR
Well... you could just SIMPLY end the discussion JR...
Maybe you are as dumb as your name would indicate. P-51 B complained about another THREAD on the same issue. Now do you get it?
Old 10-08-2003, 03:25 PM
the troll
Banned

JR

you are the one that started TWO threads with almost Identical topic titles!

But you are not bright enough to ever GET IT!
Old 10-08-2003, 04:45 PM
zxcv11

Actually there's 3
JR-2
HC-1
[8D]
Brian
Old 10-08-2003, 05:29 PM
J_R

12DDD I realize you asked for help. I had no idea how stupid you are and how much that would take. Get your own dictionary for future use:

another pron 1: an additional one : one more 2 : one that is different from the first or present one
----------------------------
Quote P-51 B:

"Do we really need ANOTHER thread on this same issue?"
----------------------------
12DDD, if there are other words in that sentence that you do not comprehend, go back to elementary school and try again. Not understanding the meaning of 2 out of ten words is a poor performance. Please... do not look to me for future reading lessons.

JR
Old 10-08-2003, 05:40 PM
the troll
Banned

Right Brian

P-51 B

JR
Oh… I see when HC starts a similar thread then it is “another thread” but when you do the same I guess it is just the same thread huh? You have lost all touch with the real world and full of…errr yourself!

I think old JR is losing his...well I guess maybe...eerrr...Sorry should not pick on the... Oh well maybe Sandy can sort him out...

Just kidding but I guess JR won't get that either.

You guys know that a lot of communication is lost without facial expressions and body language. But I will have to say JR is one of the best at contorting and construing the written words to belie the INTENT of the originator.

ROTFLMAOPIMP
Old 10-08-2003, 05:42 PM
the troll
Banned

ANYWAY old JR is in the pigpen with all the rest now LOL
Old 10-09-2003, 07:32 AM
P-51B

Oh Brother, where's the super jumbo size popcorn bucket when you need it?
Old 10-09-2003, 01:53 PM
the troll
Banned

I don't know but I am working up an appetite tho. If i can make it through all the muck JR has spewed lately and make to the concession I'll pick up a tub fer ya. Ya like butter or plain? LOL.