Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA Website

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Website

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 09:26 PM
Sincraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMA Website

This is not a cheap hobby as anyone already knows. The membership fees only add to this. Especially for us 'po folks. I have sent emails to the ama webmaster letting them know that their email addy's listed are far outdated for almost a year now, yet the email addresses remain.

Is it the responsibility of the club to notify the ama that their email addy has changed? If so, then one in particular notified twice in a 9 month span and it has not been changed.

Personally I think a good way the AMA could beef up its membership and overall increase the amount of pilots is to allow for a miniwebspace for each club showing their club airfields, costs etc. It would be less than 500kb in space and would be very cheap to host on their current backbone.

Oh and updating the information so that it isn't so far outdated would sure help also.

Just wanted to post this as I've seen many ama guys in here, hoping they will pass along what I have been unable to convey via the 'proper channels'..

S
Old 11-01-2003, 09:40 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: AMA Website

If I remember correctly, the email and contact information for the responsible party at the club is updated annually when the club renewal form is submitted. If the information never make it to the web site then that is the problem.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:00 PM
Sincraft

Ouch that is a long time. I keep getting 'mail deamon returned' mails for every email I send inquiring about clubs within 100 miles of where I live. It's like they all dropped off the planet. The reason I have been inquiring is I know there are several other smaller, less know fields especially close to where I live, but because of the population it is not as popular. Thus the reason that the others at the few fields I do know of, do not know of the fields I am trying to find out about. Currently I am looking at a 30 min drive to whatever field I want to go to. None of them I consider very good unfortunately. I hear stories of airfields in the middle of nowhere (where I live) that are uncrowded, beautiful, paved, and have bikini models serving you beer all day. Ok that last part is a stretch, but you get my point.

Is there a better way to find out about registered local clubs updated info? Or just wait till after the new year?

S
Old 11-01-2003, 10:47 PM
the troll
Banned

ORIGINAL: Sincraft

Personally I think a good way the AMA could beef up its membership and overall increase the amount of pilots is to allow for a miniwebspace for each club showing their club airfields, costs etc. It would be less than 500kb in space and would be very cheap to host on their current backbone.

[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 11-02-2003, 08:40 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

The little know fileds may not be AMA registered. I know of a couple like that in INdiana. A group of guys fly there but it is not a registered AMA field. Your AMA insurance may or may not cover you but the land owner has nothing to be hit so he is OK except for personal injury.

ORIGINAL: Sincraft

Ouch that is a long time. I keep getting 'mail deamon returned' mails for every email I send inquiring about clubs within 100 miles of where I live. It's like they all dropped off the planet. The reason I have been inquiring is I know there are several other smaller, less know fields especially close to where I live, but because of the population it is not as popular. Thus the reason that the others at the few fields I do know of, do not know of the fields I am trying to find out about. Currently I am looking at a 30 min drive to whatever field I want to go to. None of them I consider very good unfortunately. I hear stories of airfields in the middle of nowhere (where I live) that are uncrowded, beautiful, paved, and have bikini models serving you beer all day. Ok that last part is a stretch, but you get my point.

Is there a better way to find out about registered local clubs updated info? Or just wait till after the new year?

S
Old 11-02-2003, 06:32 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my club the Membership Chairman keeps the AMA up to date on current club members AND e-mail addresses. I understand he takes action monthly and quarterly. Is there someone in your club who is dropping the ball, or is this something my guys are doing a great job on?

The website is rife with problems, but that may change - someday.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:29 PM
Live Wire

I think AMA . ORG. is . we can send updates but no changes made!
Hello trol I'm back they don't like me ether.