Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

QUICK QUESTION-FLYING AREA

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

QUICK QUESTION-FLYING AREA

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 12:45 AM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default QUICK QUESTION-FLYING AREA

I was wondering-if a existing flying club that is a AMA club has a outlaw field set-up next door-what can be done-thanks
Old 11-13-2003, 01:28 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts
Default RE: QUICK QUESTION-FLYING AREA

not a lot.
sugest ya try diplomacy to work out something on freq usage.
Old 11-13-2003, 01:58 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: PLANE JIM

I was wondering-if a existing flying club that is a AMA club has a outlaw field set-up next door-what can be done-thanks

In which group do you belong to? [>:]
Old 11-14-2003, 07:01 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure that you two share the frequency board!!!!!!
That is about it if it is private land they are on.
Old 11-14-2003, 11:12 AM
the troll
Banned

ORIGINAL: PLANE JIM

Well if there is a law or laws that make the other club illegal then the laws should be enforced.

Believe it or not people are free to join the AMA or not. The terms "outlaw fields" or "outlaw fliers" and such are inappropriate.

I, for one, support ALL those involved in the hobby whether they belong to the AMA or not. Actually my convictions is the spirit the AMA was founded on but has been all but forgotten.

It is hard for some to believe but the AMA IS a SIG and the AMA should not only allow for the rights of others but should fight for their rights.

Work with the other club and work out the arrangements to allow safe flight. The new club may need to be made aware that their actions may be construed as reckless or negligent if they refuse to participate in a fair arrangement to allow safe operation at either site. The original club does have a position that may be successfully defended if need be.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:05 PM
tiggerinmk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Form the 2004 safety code (I believe this was added for 2003):

5) I will not knowingly operate my model within three miles of any pre-existing flying site except in accordance with the frequency sharing agreement listed below in this paragraph.
Flying sites separated by three miles or more are considered safe from site-to site interference, even when both sites use the same frequencies. Any circumstances under three
miles separation require a frequency management arrangement which may be either an allocation of specific frequencies for each site or testing to determine that freedom from
interference exists. Allocation plans or interference test reports shall be signed by the parties involved and provided toAMA Headquarters. Documents of agreement and reports may
exist between (1) two or moreAMA Chartered Clubs, (2)AMA clubs and individualAMA members not associated withAMA Clubs, or (3) two or more individual AMAmembers,
Document Number 551*.

Looks like if you can't sort something out with the other club then you'll need to get the AMA to step in....
Old 11-14-2003, 01:24 PM
Crashem

ORIGINAL: tiggerinva

Form the 2004 safety code (I believe this was added for 2003):

5) I will not knowingly operate my model within three miles of any pre-existing flying site except in accordance with the frequency sharing agreement listed below in this paragraph.

Looks like if you can't sort something out with the other club then you'll need to get the AMA to step in....
If the other club is on private land The AMA can only tell its chartered club to move or risk violation of the safety code you mentioned the other club is in no way bound by the AMA or any of its rules.

Best advice is diplomacy inorder to coexisit... Might be a good idea to find out why the other club wants to be non-AMA???
Old 11-14-2003, 02:15 PM
motormouth1

If the other club is on private land and does not choose to belong to the AMA YOU need to work with them to get a safe arrangment. If you cannot agree then it appears that you will be in violation of the AMA rules and may have to move along.
The rules dont appear to work in your favor.
Old 11-16-2003, 01:11 AM
abel_pranger

ORIGINAL: the troll

Work with the other club and work out the arrangements to allow safe flight. The new club may need to be made aware that their actions may be construed as reckless or negligent if they refuse to participate in a fair arrangement to allow safe operation at either site. The original club does have a position that may be successfully defended if need be.
Agree with most of your your points, but don't understand these. Who except for members of the adjacent club would construe the actions of members of the new club as negligent, if they failed to reach agreement (freq sharing in particular) with the club that was there first? By what legal theory does the original club have a preferential position that can be defended?

Abe
Old 11-16-2003, 01:26 AM
the troll
Banned

Well if the "second club" has an "accident" or "mishap" due to a out of control aircraft because of interference stemming from two channels in operation at the same time...one from the "first club" and one the "second club" and it was proven that the second club would not agree to amicable terms for frequency use...well...guess what.
Old 11-16-2003, 07:58 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

As I said before, the two clubs will need to learn to share.