Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

District V members - It's time to rally!

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

District V members - It's time to rally!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 05:57 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default District V members - It's time to rally!

AMA District V Members (AL, TN, FL, GA, SC, MS and PR)

Is it time for a change in the leadership of District V? Are you ashamed of the District VP's monthly column in Model Aviation? Do the motions he puts before the EC embarrass you? It is time for District V to send an active modeler to Muncie with current knowledge of the technologies involved and the impact they can have on the hobby?

2004 will be a pivotal year for the AMA and particularly District V. Consider the nominees and how much they have done or can do for this District. Will they operate in accordance with the AMA bylaws? Will they make meaningful appointments to AVP and other key positions? Will they be effective representation in Muncie?

To stay abreast of the latest District V discussions please and contribute your thoughts join in at [email protected] or if you are not already a subscriber you may sign on by sending e-mail to: [email protected]

GET INVOLVED - MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Old 11-29-2003, 08:33 PM
the troll
Banned

Default RE: District V members - It's time to rally!

ORIGINAL: redscho

2004 will be a pivotal year for the AMA and particularly District V.

Just wondering what makes 2004 a "pivotal year"?
Old 11-29-2003, 09:37 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: the troll

2004 will be a pivotal year for the AMA and particularly District V.

Just wondering what makes 2004 a "pivotal year"?
In my opinion, the AMA membership has turned down each opportunity extended them in the last 3 annual elections. If D-5 and the national Presidential election of 2004 goes with this same precedent, then that is the PIVOT. Four elections giving carte-blanche to those that are pushing rule after rule down the membership's throat (or up the other end as it may be) versus saying, "Enough is Enough and we want change," is about as much pivot as there is.
If the option for change is not exercised in '04, then forget it. Nothing like starting '05 with another reign of SF, JM, DB and Hillary. Bleak times for sure. [:@]
Old 11-30-2003, 05:35 PM
Jim Messer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Change in 2004? I don't see it happening. Here's why. Take a look at any model club in any district, and look at the mix. As usual, out of 100 members, no more than 25 do all the work. The other 75 just pay their dues, and all they want to do is fly. These are the guys that are going to kill any change, for in their minds, they just dont give a damn who is running for any AMA position. They are the ones that will vote for JM regardless of who is running aginst him. These 75% of modelers don't read these messages on RCU, and if our club is any indication, these 75% only fly ARF type models. They aren't serious modelers at all, but they outnumber the serious ones by at least 2 to 1. They will vote for JM because it is the easiest for them to do. They know his name, and that's all it takes.

When Jim Branium entered the D-VIII election, I made the same prediction to him. I stated that SF would win hands down, because the 25% of serious modelers that wanted change would have their vote split three ways, between JM, RM, and Hoss, and the other 75% would take the easy way out and vote for SF. My predictions were right on target.

Anybody care to dispute this theory?
Old 11-30-2003, 05:55 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

I'm betting we make it his time. We were only 83 votes off last time and that was a three way split. I don't think the EC is going to let JM pull that stunt again. Even if he does I think we will have the edge this time. Remember 10,000 votes went in the crapper last time also. That is not going to happen again.

Red S.
Old 11-30-2003, 08:25 PM
the troll
Banned

Hey Red

I am trying to get involved and make a differance Did you just miss my question to you or feel I am just not worthy of an answer?
Old 11-30-2003, 10:35 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Hey Red

I am trying to get involved and make a differance Did you just miss my question to you or feel I am just not worthy of an answer?
Was this your question?

"Just wondering what makes 2004 a "pivotal year"?

If it was then you probably would not undestand the answer anyway.

And Unless you are internet challenged, you would know the answer!

Red S.
Old 11-30-2003, 11:02 PM
Jim Thomerson

One wonders if the 10,000 misent ballots were from the above mentioned 75%.

Jim
Old 12-01-2003, 12:16 AM
Hossfly

>>>>>>>>>>
Anybody care to dispute this theory?

Jim Messer
<<<<<<<<<<

Theory, not really, but numbers, YES. Only because you credit all members with voting.

Dist. 8 estimated 18,000 voting members. Some 3000 voted. Looking at 17%.

Of your 100 member club only 17 voted. They voted 2 to 1 against the opposition. 83 (your 75+) did NOT vote.

If 25 were "serious" modelers, then how did the vote happen to go 2 to 1 in favor of the incumbent using your suggested numbers and theory.

In your stated case, the numbers splitting the vote were of no consequence, just as in the D-8 case, as the incumbent had a significant majority. Any time the incumbent takes 51% or more of the vote, an infinite number of candidates can split the remaining 49% any way without consequence to the 51% 'er.
Old 12-01-2003, 12:56 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

hoss, ya forgot to figgure in those that look at the ballot, se more than 2 names, and decide it is too complicated to vote, and that does work to split the vote, so to speak, in the incumbant's favor.
and yes, several folks i have spoken to in d8 made that choice.

and the votes that get sent to hq, instead of the auditors, well that is just the kinda mistake i would expect to be made by the folks that vote for the incumbant, no matter what. cause they really don't pay attn to much of anything that is going on around em, much less simple printed instructions. it probably works to the challengers advantage to have as many as possible make that mistake.
Old 12-01-2003, 10:53 PM
the troll
Banned

Hey Red

Was this your question?

"Just wondering what makes 2004 a "pivotal year"?

If it was then you probably would not undestand the answer anyway.

And Unless you are internet challenged, you would know the answer!

Red S.
Yes that IS my question.

And yes I am Internet challenged.

Oh... I believe I might understand an answer that is concise and to the point. I thought you may have had some reason for proclaiming 2004 to be a year in which something of some real consequence as it relates to the AMA would occur...errr... unlike previous cycles.

or

Oh...well... maybe on second thought... your reply to my post was to snidely exclaim that you do not reply to a troll. I guess your answer to a question... if you do not know the answer you would not understand anyway... is...oh well I digress

or

What Hoss said?

just not sure what YOUR intent IS/WAS