Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

To All AMA Whiners, Cryers and Complainers

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

To All AMA Whiners, Cryers and Complainers

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 11:25 PM
StaggerBee
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RE: To All AMA Whiners, Cryers and Complainers

Ok now I remember!!!!!
Yes the Staggerbee is still flying great.
I will try to make it to the small event this year but I don't know for sure!!!!

Bee
Old 02-07-2004, 01:09 AM
vpresley
My Feedback: (162)

Digger: Thanks !

StaggerB: The description was of a type of person that exists, Not a specific person. You can disagree and not be one of those people. Its more of a question of how you perceive yourself, isn't it ? Some people saw themselves in the description. Thats their judgement, not mine. The AMA is not a deep pocket in any sense of the word, and cannot afford to give money out hand over fist. I was a member of a club that had existed since 1967, a new City Administration comes in and moves it from the best full time flying site there was, to one that was shared with 2 other car clubs. Had to alternate weekends, make reservations etc etc. Still that way last time I checked. If you dont own the land, that can happen any time, to any club. As for the location of the AMA HQ and field, well no matter where it went someone would be unhappy. Florida, the West Coast Guys unhappy, California, the East Coast Guys etc etc. Muncie, everyone equally unhappy, LOL,. Just a case of damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Vince
Old 02-07-2004, 02:36 AM
DownSideUp

Well, here's how it shakes down. We in the United States have lots of rules and regulations and if we want to start talking about Democrats and Republicans then we can. The argument about the AMA correlates with the rest of the US. There are a few people out there who have decided that they know what is best for the masses (the majority). Just like there are a few people in the governmental institutions in the US that have decided that there is Global Warming, there is low taxes for the rich, there is a need for confiscation of oil by the oil companies, and all big business is in some kind of world wide domination plan with the Rebublican party.

I am here to let everyone know that the same institution is governing the AMA. I am not talking about some kind of conspiracy theory here. Nothing of the sort. I'm just saying that the same people who think that we should subvert all of our national intelligence to the UN, is saying the exact same thing about drug testing all AMA members, and making stupid rules that will make 95% of the model aviators be subservient to 5% of the ruling class. If the 95% let the 5% take over, then the AMA will look just like the UN, when Libya and Syria are on the Human Rights panell and the UN is mad at the US for the amount of homeless persons we have here, when our poor have 75% more luxuries than all the countries that sit on the UN human rights council.

I'm sorry I got political, but my correlation is that the ruling ELITE (United Nations/AMA) likes to have the ability to govern the little guy (AMA members/United States), they all work hand in hand.

IT IS WRONG FOR THE FEW TO RULE OVER THE MANY. IN A DEMOCRATIC SOCIETY THE MAJORITY RULES OVER THE MINORITY. THAT'S WHY WE VOTE.
Old 02-07-2004, 08:49 AM
CafeenMan

While I disagree with the first poster's wording, I'm kind of tired of reading through all the griping too. I personally don't care what the AMA does, but if I did, I think my energy would be better spent reading up on the issues and candidates and casting my vote.

The problem with this forum is that there is stuff worth reading but it's all in a quagmire of AMA bashing that is not productive in any way. Very few of those posts are written in a moderate or unbiased way.

The problem with extremists is that even if I agree with them, they're so abrasive that I don't want to do anything to help them.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:20 PM
js3
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: DownSideUp

<snip>
IT IS WRONG FOR THE FEW TO RULE OVER THE MANY. IN A DEMOCRATIC SOCIETY THE MAJORITY RULES OVER THE MINORITY. THAT'S WHY WE VOTE.
Just because a majority of people believe something doesn't make it right, correct, or true. Slavery is a prime example. Discrimination based on race, religious beliefs, or sexual orientation, is another.
Old 02-07-2004, 09:02 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: CafeenMan

While I disagree with the first poster's wording, I'm kind of tired of reading through all the griping too. I personally don't care what the AMA does, but if I did, I think my energy would be better spent reading up on the issues and candidates and casting my vote.

The problem with this forum is that there is stuff worth reading but it's all in a quagmire of AMA bashing that is not productive in any way. Very few of those posts are written in a moderate or unbiased way.

The problem with extremists is that even if I agree with them, they're so abrasive that I don't want to do anything to help them.
Aren't you the lucky ONE?

1. You don't have to read anything you don't care to read.
2.You don't have to care about AMA in any way.
3.You can read whatever you wish about anyone and vote or not vote your choice.
Your entire 1st paragraph is all YOUR CHOICE to do as YOU PLEASE.[sm=thumbup.gif]

Now, just what is the point of your second paragraph? Look at the recent JET-RULES thing. AMA's Leaders LISTENED to those that were POed about the previous AMA quagmire of AMA's own making.
If I am going to argue something, you can bet your last dollar that I have no intention to be UNBIASED, and I am usually passionate about something I like or want, so there goes the moderation all to _ell!![>:]

If you don't want to help extremists -- whatever you define as extremist -- then don't. I don't intend to do much for the middle-of-the-roader or the wimps. So we each have OUR INDIVIDUAL choice. Hey, ain't this life just grand?[]
Old 02-07-2004, 09:33 PM
CafeenMan

Point is, hossfly, that I really doubt all the griping here accomplishes anything. How many people who come here and complain about the AMA have written letters to their representatives? How many of them actually did any research on the candidates and voted? Does the AMA read this forum and make changes based on what's posted here? If the answer is yes, then gripe on. [sm=thumbup.gif]

As you said, if you don't like the AMA, don't be a member. It's a freedom of choice thing.

Personally, I think the AMA is doing ok and I'd hate to think of where we would be without them. The magazine is fine. It tries to give an overview of what's going on in model aviation as a whole - not just cater to CafeenMan's personal interests. Fortunately for CafeenMan, his interests are broad-based and he likes all forms of model aviation. This is the only magazine on the market that tries to let us know what's going on in a number of arenas.

I haven't looked at the AMA application carefully because I like getting the magazine, but the last time I checked, the mag was an optional purchase. Is that not true any more?

- Paul
Old 02-08-2004, 06:07 AM
pete913

I come to visit this forum to read about R/C model airplanes, and everything involved with them, not political BS from so called conservatives or liberals. ( Both labels being gross generalizations of the most idiotic sort , so welcome to politics ). Of what possible use is a political pissin contest on an R/C forum?
Old 02-08-2004, 08:28 AM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pete,

If you look closely you can see the relation----Their political views seem to roll over into their views as to how an organization should be run. Some guys desire regulation, others like myself wish to be left the hell alone and fly with common sense....Figure out which political view I support.....

Kevin
Old 02-08-2004, 09:10 AM
pete913

Well, i started a rant about politics, seemed sorta silly after my first posting. Suffice to say, an unregulated society is a society headed for anarchy and bankruptcy, how many times does this idea have to be tried and fail? If the average person had common sense, and some idea of personal responsibility and ethics, regulation wouldn't be necessary.
For that matter, a scenario such as that would eliminate the need for government in the first place. This is the real world where the only alternative to winding up with the shirt off your back stolen from you is laws and regulations.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:52 AM
the troll
Banned

Bonjour Pete

It has been argued time and time again here BUT the bottom line is that AMA is about the insurance...without it the AMA would whither and die. Virtually all considerations stem from the perspective of the insurers...of course there is a little smoke here and there for misdirection...but in the end the insurers rule.

Aez un grand matin
Old 02-08-2004, 12:52 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Ce n'est pas "aez", c'est "avez"
Old 02-08-2004, 09:40 PM
the troll
Banned

vous avez raison, mon erreur
Old 02-08-2004, 09:51 PM
CafeenMan

Default RE: RE: RE: To All AMA Whiners, Cryers and Complainers

Looky here, Ma! It's them French Forum Legion fellers.

Old 02-09-2004, 05:51 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Pretty funny posts all in all if you look at it. VP was sick of the extremests telling their views of AMA, so he used basically the same strategy to slam those who don't blindly follow everything AMA does and questions it. Did I get the jest of it? Pretty much I think.

Anyway, pretty entertaining.

As far as blindly following any government or group and not asking any questions and doing what ever they say, leave that for the branch dividians and the followers of Bin Laden.

As far as we go, its our right and duty to question the government and groups. Why would one follow anything blindly?

AMA is far from perfect. Why shouldn't we question it when we don't like something they are doing?
Old 02-10-2004, 12:42 AM
vpresley

flyboy: Hmmm, nothing here about blind following, that I read. There is a difference between whiner's, cryer's, and complainers and questions. If you do nothing, your the former. If you take the time and make an effort, then your the latter. As for funny, not in my book. Maybe to you, but not to me. I still stand on post #1. As long as its not mindless questioning of anything and everything. Never said the AMA was perfect. I said I thought they were doing a good job, all things considered.
Vince
Old 02-10-2004, 08:13 AM
Roby

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been following this thread for some time. I had no intentions to
get in on this because of all the various inputs,but what the hell !!

In my opinion the AMA sure has changed over the years. Some of the
changes have been good, some ok,and others,not so good. (I won't go
into details)I can only guess that there is allot of "behind the scene" efforts
that I never see and therefore don't perhaps appreciate. BUT

One thing is very true , and this applies to everything not just our hobby

When you are the one paying the way.........you have the rite to complain
and the one taking the money has the obligation to listen.

Regards
Roby
Old 02-10-2004, 08:22 AM
CafeenMan

ORIGINAL: Roby

When you are the one paying the way.........you have the rite to complain
and the one taking the money has the obligation to listen.
I fully agree with this. But tell me what the point is of griping here? Wouldn't the effort be more effective if it were directed to the AMA rather than a thread in a forum that I'm sure the AMA couldn't care less about?

Here's it's just complaining and nothing more.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:54 AM
Roby

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I totally agree . I brought this same point up several months ago
on a similar thread. The AMA could care less about this forum and
I am very aware of that fact

My responce was directed only as my opinion to Vince not the AMA.

Regards
Roby
Old 02-10-2004, 09:12 AM
vpresley

Roby: My response is, im not complaining about the AMA. I am the other side of the coin. I see to much complaining without any effort by the complainers. I cant do this "waaaaa", I cant do that "waaaaa", The magazine sucks "waaaaaaa", I dont like the cost "waaaaaa", I dont like the magazine "waaaaaa", the Muncie site sucks "waaaaaaaaa", etc etc etc. Well the AMA is not just for one person and their pet peve's. Its for all.

Vince
Old 02-10-2004, 09:33 AM
J_R

VPresley, Roby and CafeenMan (and anyone else)

I respectfully disagree that this forum and the crying and whining in it have no value. Let me give you three examples of the usefulness of this forum.

Hossfly (AKA Horrace Cain), in response to a thread, wrote a letter to the EC about the lack of coverage for paid instructors. Dave Brown appointed a committee to look into such coverage. Dave Mathewson was named committee chairman. Mathewson invited Horrace to become a member of the committee. This was close to a year ago. This last weekend the finishing touches were put on the coverage and the EC voted to extend such coverage to casual instructors. Would this have happened without this forum? Horrace certainly understood the process prior to his effort, but, did the input from the members of the forum spur him on? Only he can tell you.

ProfLooney felt there was a problem with 3D flying over the runway at sanctioned events and expressed his concerns here. He learned that he had the right to contact his VP and try to get the item on the agenda of the EC. He contacted Bill Oberdieck as a result of what he learned in this forum. Oberdieck placed the issue on the agenda and it is currently being looked at by the Safety Committee. I think ProfLooney will tell you that it was through this forum that he learned the process and got the input for his effort.

Gordo-Outlaw was upset with rule #9 and expressed his concerns here. Ultimately, he contacted his VP, Sandy Frank, and the item was placed on the agenda of the EC. This past weekend the item became a motion, was seconded and discussed. The EC decided that something should be done, but was not sure what. It sent the item to committee for recommendations. The agenda item was tabled so that it could go to committee. Would this have happened without this forum? Maybe. I am not sure if Gordo understood the process before being in this forum or not.

The above three items were certainly the object of crying and whining taking place in this forum. Several members of the AMA leadership do follow this forum. Sure, we meander sometimes, but, some good has come from all of it. These are just three high profile items that come to mind quickly. There are others.

JR
Old 02-10-2004, 09:42 AM
CafeenMan

J_R - I will concede what you've said. What I am specifically referring to is the people who complain for the sake of complaining but wouldn't take it any further even if they knew where. This is the place to find out what to do if you do have a complaint - I have no doubts about that.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:33 AM
FLYBOY

Your going to have the people that complain to just complain anywhere you go. As far as the forum having worth, I think it has a ton of worth. Just like the people that have questions and get them answered, people can vent and others can correct them on the miss information that they are complaining about if that is the case or what ever they want. Same as the start of this thread. VP was upset about people he perceives as whiners and complainers, and others are free to add their 2 cents.

I have been in a few conversations on here and learned more about AMA than I would have ever gotten anywhere else.

You gotta take the good with the bad. Where else would people get the information? Where else would they get to hash out gripes with the AMA with people like JR and Horrace that know what is going on more than probably anybody around and are outspoken enough to tell it like it is, instead of how people want to hear it.

The site has a lot of merrit as far as I am concerned.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:53 AM
CafeenMan

Flyboy - When I said Forum, I meant the AMA forum, not RCU as a whole.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:26 PM
FLYBOY

I know, but as much as I hate to admit it, I have actually learned a bit about AMA in the ama forum. I don't visit often because there is way more fighting going on than I want to deal with, but there is some to be learned, even here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.