Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

To All AMA Whiners, Cryers and Complainers

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

To All AMA Whiners, Cryers and Complainers

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 06:58 PM
vpresley
My Feedback: (162)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To All AMA Whiners, Cryers and Complainers

To you who see these greetings. Well I have had my fill of you if your one of the above ! Things that need to be understood:

1. The AMA is an international Organization representing more than just one person or group of people. The AMA represents all Aircraft Modeling, not just your little nitch in it. As such we need a Headquarters from which to work. With people to do he job as stated by the Bylaws for all of Aero Modeling. Not a garage, not a Strip Mall, not an office suite, a Headquarters, as befits an International Organization. So what if you never go there, who cares. Not everyone goes to Washington D.C.. We do need a Headquaters.

2. The AMA is your/our voice in government, the only one that speaks for you.

3. The AMA Magazine is for all aircraft modeling, not just your little nitch of it. Dont like it ? Tough, its not just for you anyway. Donate it to a school or neighborhood kid. problem solved.

4. Dont like your ELECTED District VP ? Well then un-elect Him/her, problem solved. Dont whine and complain all the time, (what most do). You have to make the effort for things to change. That has been my experience in life. No effort, no change.

5. Insurance only people, we dont need you. I dont know how many times I have heard that statement. With out the insurance there would probably be 60 to 70% fewer flying sights. Sure go fly on your own, just wait for that next lawsuit to happen, in our sue you all society. Might even be your former best friend doing the court thing to you. You buy the insurance then do nothing if you want, but dont say the AMA sucks when they have just made your ability to fly possible. Its kinda hypocritical to say the least.

6. The Executive Council takes input from the Elected District Officers, who take input from clubs and individuals. Not all input will acted upon and instituted as the individual wants, another fact of life that seems lost on most people. There are larger issues not always apparent to the individual. Even some SIGS are upset that they dont have Carte Blanch to do what they want. Technology is always ahead of administration of that technology by rules and regs. IE the New Picture Cell Phones for example. The EC is also unpaid, they may have a transportation budget, and rightfully so, for the time and travel cost incurred doing their job as an EC member. You always here the statement that the EC did this, or the EC did that and they suck. Might be you who sucks, think about it when your not thinking about just yourself, if thats possible of course.

7. As for all the petty back biting, accusing, slandering and other forms of denigration I have seen in these forums, who needs it ? I would say most could do with out it. Turn to a more positve side, make that effort. And if you dont get your way, get over it and move on.

8. The dues cost. What ! Costs you $4.83 a month to fly, enough said on that.

9. All you armchair accountants, take a rest. Stay in your armchair and leave the accounting to people who know what they are doing. Read the results. Posted on the AMA websight of course. If you dont believe, well thats your problem.

10. Dont know the answer to a question ? Ask, yes you take the initiative to ask, call the AMA what ever. Dont expect someone else to do it for you.

11 There are more things to say, but by now you should have the gist of this thread. To avoid a long winded thread I will end here. I expect the usual suspects will reply enmass to this soliloquy. I both like and appreciate what the AMA does for the modeler at large, as im sure most do. Its that vocal minority that causes the most problems. Work with the AMA to improve it. Yes its possible, make the effort, or not as you see fit.

V. Presley AMA 7051
Old 01-23-2004, 07:31 PM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: To All AMA Whiners, Cryers and Complainers

ORIGINAL: vpresley

To you who see these greetings. Well I have had my fill of you if your one of the above ! Things that need to be understood:

As for all the petty back biting, accusing, slandering and other forms of denigration I have seen in these forums, who needs it ? I would say most could do with out it.
V. Presley AMA 7051

Evidently you can't.
Old 01-23-2004, 07:53 PM
Chris-_-Memphis
My Feedback: (3)

yup your a tool.. nice job of "trying" to make yourself look smart.. ass
Old 01-23-2004, 07:59 PM
mAvRiCk-inactive

LOL[8D][sm=RAINFRO.gif]
Old 01-23-2004, 08:28 PM
J_R

Vince

I would like to see your point, however, it might have helped if a little more of the information in your post was accurate.

You started with the line “1. The AMA is an international Organization representing more than just one person or group of people.â€

This line is taken from the AMA web site, under the heading “What is the AMAâ€: AMA is the official national body for model aviation in the United States.

Unfortunately, your post goes downhill from there. []

JR
Old 01-23-2004, 08:39 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

HI V PRESLEY! If it wasn't for this forum,[and the opportunity it creates for those, whos' lives are soo deeply affected by the AMA to take out their frustrations], the rate of animal abuse and wife beatings would sky rocket.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:40 PM
FHHuber
Banned

1. The AMA is an international Organization representing more than just one person or group of people. The AMA represents all Aircraft Modeling, not just your little nitch in it. As such we need a Headquarters from which to work. With people to do he job as stated by the Bylaws for all of Aero Modeling. Not a garage, not a Strip Mall, not an office suite, a Headquarters, as befits an International Organization. So what if you never go there, who cares. Not everyone goes to Washington D.C.. We do need a Headquaters.
You were starting off well.. until you said AMA is international... its not. AMA is USA, FAI is international.

2. The AMA is your/our voice in government, the only one that speaks for you.

3. The AMA Magazine is for all aircraft modeling, not just your little nitch of it. Dont like it ? Tough, its not just for you anyway. Donate it to a school or neighborhood kid. problem solved.

4. Dont like your ELECTED District VP ? Well then un-elect Him/her, problem solved. Dont whine and complain all the time, (what most do). You have to make the effort for things to change. That has been my experience in life. No effort, no change.
WHAT? get out and VOTE? heck, they'd have nothing to whaine about if the people theyvoted for were in there.

5. Insurance only people, we dont need you. I dont know how many times I have heard that statement. With out the insurance there would probably be 60 to 70% fewer flying sights. Sure go fly on your own, just wait for that next lawsuit to happen, in our sue you all society. Might even be your former best friend doing the court thing to you. You buy the insurance then do nothing if you want, but dont say the AMA sucks when they have just made your ability to fly possible. Its kinda hypocritical to say the least.

6. The Executive Council takes input from the Elected District Officers, who take input from clubs and individuals. Not all input will acted upon and instituted as the individual wants, another fact of life that seems lost on most people. There are larger issues not always apparent to the individual. Even some SIGS are upset that they dont have Carte Blanch to do what they want. Technology is always ahead of administration of that technology by rules and regs. IE the New Picture Cell Phones for example. The EC is also unpaid, they may have a transportation budget, and rightfully so, for the time and travel cost incurred doing their job as an EC member. You always here the statement that the EC did this, or the EC did that and they suck. Might be you who sucks, think about it when your not thinking about just yourself, if thats possible of course.

7. As for all the petty back biting, accusing, slandering and other forms of denigration I have seen in these forums, who needs it ? I would say most could do with out it. Turn to a more positve side, make that effort. And if you dont get your way, get over it and move on.

8. The dues cost. What ! Costs you $4.83 a month to fly, enough said on that.

9. All you armchair accountants, take a rest. Stay in your armchair and leave the accounting to people who know what they are doing. Read the results. Posted on the AMA websight of course. If you dont believe, well thats your problem.
Darn... taking all the fun out of it[&o] And if you actually want them to SUPPORT thier numbers on the armchair accounting... no way. (especially when they are WRONG by 50%)

10. Dont know the answer to a question ? Ask, yes you take the initiative to ask, call the AMA what ever. Dont expect someone else to do it for you.

11 There are more things to say, but by now you should have the gist of this thread. To avoid a long winded thread I will end here. I expect the usual suspects will reply enmass to this soliloquy. I both like and appreciate what the AMA does for the modeler at large, as im sure most do. Its that vocal minority that causes the most problems. Work with the AMA to improve it. Yes its possible, make the effort, or not as you see fit.

V. Presley AMA 7051
One error out of 11 points... better than 90% of the people posting in the AMA forum.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:47 PM
Live Wire

To bad the mud slinging does't stay on one side of the fence so all involve better learn how to duck!!!!! Your just nothun but a hound dog.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:58 PM
vpresley

CA: As you can read, there are no personnel attacks, accusations, or such. Its an indictment of a type of person in general, who joins something that gives them a lot of benefits, and then spends a lot of time tearing it down.

Ch: The usual suspect, dont remeber calling you any names. If the shoe fits, oh well.[:'(]

JR: Well we do have a European presence, as well as the FAI involvement of the AMA dont we ? OK, a national club with an International Presence, hows that.

combat: Not sure what to say on that one.

Vince
Old 01-23-2004, 09:26 PM
ChuckAuger

CA: As you can read, there are no personnel attacks, accusations, or such. Its an indictment of a type of person in general, who joins something that gives them a lot of benefits, and then spends a lot of time tearing it down.

Vince
Sorry, I was thinking "Whiners, Cryers, and Complainers" could have been just as well described by "Those who are in disagreement with current AMA policies" or something to that effect.

I might well be a "Complainer"...nothing wrong with that. But If I disagree with current AMA policies, I don't consider myself a "Whiner" or a "Cryer". To me, those are derogatory names you used to make a personal attack towards those not in agreement with current AMA policies.

Shoe is fitting you quite nicely, and I stand by my previous post.

To start your mount of the soapbox with the very behaviour you pretend to hold in contempt re #7 does little to further your precarious balance on said soapbox. Or in other words, get a grip.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:32 PM
J_R

Vince

Let's take a look at some of the other points.

4. Take a look through this forum. Except during elections, the names of VP's are rarely raised in any form, much less to complain about them.

5. We do need them. We need everyone we can get. If we do not have them, then your point 2 has no meaning and no value. Without the strength of numbers, there is no political power. Most of the percieved whining is simply a matter of misunderstanding what the coverage is... something that is not the individuals fault. Very few reject the facts... after they learn what the facts are... which is one of the main values of this forum.

6. The EC IS the locally elected officers. The district VP's, plus the EVP, NAA rep and AMA President are the EC. The by-laws of the AMA insure that the individual MAY have input if he so desires. Ask our own ProfLooney about that. He had an issue that he raised here and after finding out what the process is, he got it on the EC agenda. Input is virtually unlimited... if you understand the process.

8. To the park flyer that paid $79 for his plane, and flies in a park, the AMA has no percieved value. The same can be said for some of the "renegades" that have access to areas to fly where they simply have no need of the AMA. Should they join out of the goodness of their heart, or for the good of modeling... perhaps.

9. The financial information regarding our organization is fair game. Again, most complaints come from those that are misinformed and the numbers help. I see absolutely no harm in ANYONE questioning the expenditures or revenues of OUR organization.

11. The last thing that the AMA needs is any less means of communication than currently exists, this forum included. Some of the complaints aired here serve as useful input to the AMA leaders that lurk. By airing out complaints, misunderstanings and misconceptions, this forum does a great deal of good. Some, of course, is wasted bandwidth, the same as in any media.

JR
Old 01-23-2004, 10:04 PM
vpresley

CA: I agree with your right to diagree, thats whats nice about the whole thing. Sooner or later we will be one or the other. Its just the method that you use to do it. Not sure I was on a soapbox, so no problem falling off. I also stand on my post, got my grip too.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:14 PM
ChuckAuger

Wow..if you can post that whole laundry list of things the "Whiners and Cryers" do, and not consider yourself on a soapbox, then you are indeed too slippery for me to try to anchor your slippery behind to a whipping post.

No matter, I will start a new thread: " For all of the Spineless SoapSudsers and PunchDuckers who Support the AMA Blindly" or something along those lines. Rest assured, I will not call anybody any names, or point any fingers at you.

At least we can agree on that!
Old 01-23-2004, 10:45 PM
mAvRiCk-inactive

Guys nothing is coming out of this cept for sh*ts and giggles...prettyfunny guys\

[sm=punching.gif] Chuck fights back whoo hoo
Old 01-23-2004, 10:52 PM
vpresley

CA: As the kids these days say: Whatever
Old 01-23-2004, 10:57 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

>>>>>>>>>>>>>
vpresley

Featured Adds Suck, had to wade thr... Report This Post | | Revisions: 1 (Post No. 1)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The featured add situation is getting out of hand. Had to wad through 8 pages of them before you get to the regular adds. Most of it is the high Dollar stuff that would go better in a specific section. THe old forum was so much easier to navigate. Chasing money I guess. Bigger is not always better. Still way to much eye candy. Also lose the stock photo stuff, its misleading. And you cant get to the engine section from the plane section just by clicking a link. Again

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hey Vincent:

Guess each of us has some whining and complaining to do every so often.

#1. I have always expressed my full support for a real Show-Place AMA Headquarters and home site, even much better than the one in Muncie. I accept Muncie even though before its purchase I wrote 20 pages to the EC documenting why the site should be much more southerly. Since I accept Muncie, want a SHOW-PLACE headquarters and have consistently donated additional funds to AMA, I reserve the right to P&M about the administration thereof as much as I wish.

#2 While the AMA does represent us in some minor ways, the unit is prohibited from lobbying. OTOH, if AMA leaders really wanted to do something constructively, they would form a separate unit "Foundation" and pursue lobbying from there. In my opinion, the current crop of officers are too enthralled with their own petty power positions to accomplish that. More of my P &M.[>:]

#3. Part of my dues and donations go to the mag. If they would quit undercutting the advertising rates of other mags. that live on the economy, and get the MA on the news-stands to persons outside the Choir, _ell I might think the mag was A-OK.
More P&M.

#4. Have run and run and run and run and run, and run again. Two wins and 4 defeats. Those that didn't vote for me have no right to complain --RIGHT?? [:@][:'(]

#5. I think we agree there. "Insurance only people, we dont need you." Like _ell we don't. Who pays the bills? Like those club-members that pay dues but never fly. I wish my club had 10,000 of them. We would have -ooter's girls serving pop at the flying stations and beer at end of day. The overhead cost is the same total. The more divisors the less each has to pay. One that professes such a statement as quoted, is one DA deluxe.

#6 No agreement here. The EC is not steering AMA where AMA should be going. I will whine and P & M here.

#7 Sorry, but that is the easy way for those throwing dung to maintain the position of dung-throwers. It's easy for those that can't take the heat to heard the flock out of the kitchen. The dung-throwers -- unit management -- love those wimps.

#8 Dues are not a problem.

#9 If you keep up on real world events, you will find that some accountants that really knew what they were doing are in some deep DOO here in Houston. _ell, I remember the accountants at UAL posting a 500,000,000 yankee dollar "LOSS" and all the top managers got BIG raises and bonuses with the CEO getting 19,000,000 dollar bonus. Yep, OL' Pard, them thar' accountants are really somepin' else. 2+2 can be whatever they want it to be.

#10. Call the AMA? Now where else do I get that from? It's not that I don't know the answers. It's that I don't like and or I don't believe AMA answers. SO it's cryin' time again, but I ain't leaving.

#11. Work WITH the AMA!!![:'(] That is another BS put-off for wimps. I like what AMA SHOULD be doing, but I DO NOT like a lot of what AMA is doing. NOW AMA as so established is a wonderful thing. HOWEVER THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION IS MUCH LESS THAN I DESIRE EVEN THOUGH ELECTION RESULTS DEFINITELY PLACE ME IN THE MINIORITY.

That is MY LINE IN THE SAND!![>:]

edited to correct subject/verb.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:14 PM
ChuckAuger

ORIGINAL: mAvRiCk

Guys nothing is coming out of this cept for sh*ts and giggles...prettyfunny guys\

[sm=punching.gif] Chuck fights back whoo hoo
Yep, it's all just pure entertainment at this point.

I would feel myself to be a bit of a hypocrite if I had started out calling people names in order to make a point about calling people names, but, alas, I appear to be in the minority here.
Of course,, nobody in this thread has actually called anybody a name.... and had the sack to admit it.

Whatever.

Vince, if you are still up for some debate on the subject,, why not try a less confrontational approach in belittling those who share an opposing view?? Calling people names (and then saying you didn't), while on a soapbox (which you say you are not on) is not going to open up a constructive dialog on any subject.
Old 01-24-2004, 05:29 PM
vpresley

Hoss: Its all about perceptions these days. Yep, Im Pro AMA, they have met my needs up to this point. Im the little guy at the field when I fly. I help in work parties when time permits. Dont have the biggest or the fastest plane, cant do the wild aerobatics, but hey, I have fun. Thats most important to me. Even did the club officer thing a few times. As always, I agree that we can disagree on the points.

CA: See above. As always there are differing opinions on methods used. I come out Pro, you seem to be Con. You put your spin on my statements, I have mine. Who's is right, well thats the $64 dollar question. I have seen so much negative, I thought it was time for a positive AMA statement. Yep seems confrontational. So much of the negative from people just grates after a while. Most dont have any idea about the complexities of what they are talking about, but then some do. Never as simple as it sounds when you get right down to it.

Vince
Old 01-24-2004, 06:32 PM
Live Wire

The OUT LAW
Do to standing up for the rules of AMA I was blackballed from my club. I was out for 10 years because people did not want to Impound TX, Use FREC. pins. Hey I bought this thing I can do what I want with it. In the old days try to get some one to pay for your plane he shot down , that is the past, this is the present . Things change and we are the one's that change them. I like to see more young people in the sport but they need help. Don't hand them a bunch of Roses thorns first. Yes AMA was a great organization once it can be again.
GOOD PITCH HUUUUU!!!!!
Old 01-24-2004, 06:40 PM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Your positive statement sounded really negative. You want to espouse the virtues of the AMA go ahead. You spent more time blasting folks who don't agree with you. I like the AMA, I like that people try to make it better and point out things they don't like.
Old 01-24-2004, 06:55 PM
mAvRiCk-inactive

.Dude VPreslyer your the biggest Whiner, Cryer,and Complainer If you don't like what we are doing than don't read it. Chuck Auger is making good points here. Listen to him!!!

Dan

Moderators close this thread...its not getting anyone anywhere and no useful information is coming out

Old 01-24-2004, 08:26 PM
Gordo-ProBro
Banned

Wow, can you say "waste of electrons?"

Have fun Chuck, but save some energy for flying man, and lots of #9s.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:53 AM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, what if the AMA doesn't meet my needs??? If it meets yours then GOOD FOR YOU!!! How naive, ignorant and arrogant of you to dare to chastise others that rise up against the great almighty AMA...I've got news for you---The AMA doesn't meet everyones needs, nor do I expect it to. However, there are winds a'blowin within the AMA that I and MANY others don't like....Winds of change that could possibly upset YOUR little apple cart too!!!! When you are seriously affected are you going to just sit there and take it or will you voice your opinion??? Hey, if you voice your opinion---That would make you, dare I say, an AMA whiner, crier, and complainer!!! You should have pulled you head out of that dark place and had a look around before initiating this thread...[X(] I like people that are optimistic...To a point. However, to judge others while looking through rose colored glasses as the real world passes them by----I'm not going to just let guys like you impose your unrealistic expectations upon me!!!!

Kevin

Hoss: Its all about perceptions these days. Yep, Im Pro AMA, they have met my needs up to this point. Im the little guy at the field when I fly. I help in work parties when time permits. Dont have the biggest or the fastest plane, cant do the wild aerobatics, but hey, I have fun. Thats most important to me. Even did the club officer thing a few times. As always, I agree that we can disagree on the points.

CA: See above. As always there are differing opinions on methods used. I come out Pro, you seem to be Con. You put your spin on my statements, I have mine. Who's is right, well thats the $64 dollar question. I have seen so much negative, I thought it was time for a positive AMA statement. Yep seems confrontational. So much of the negative from people just grates after a while. Most dont have any idea about the complexities of what they are talking about, but then some do. Never as simple as it sounds when you get right down to it.

Vince
Old 01-25-2004, 08:55 AM
vpresley

BB: This is pretty much an anti AMA forum on RCU, when you disagree with them, they get a little rabid.

Mav: For you maybe, not for me. CA is not the know all end all to the subject at hand.

GO: Yeah but you read it didn't you. Was not a waste for me.

KG: Well we all know about opinions, dont we KG. Havn't been naive for years, or ignorant in a longer time, very rarely arrogant, if at all. I did dare to state what I thought on some issues. So many people, so many issues, so little time.

Vince
Old 01-25-2004, 09:03 AM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

BB: This is pretty much an anti AMA forum on RCU, when you disagree with them, they get a little rabid.
...snip...........
Vince
No Vince, when you catagorize and call them names they get rabid. There is a lot of disagreement that is civil here. Of course it seems anti AMA, people who are happy with or neutral on the subject are not motivated to post as much as someone who is disatisfied. At least I respect that you are not backing down from your original statement, as misguided as it was.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.