Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

World Models Clipped wing Cub 48 engine..

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

World Models Clipped wing Cub 48 engine..

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 10:42 AM
jsn
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default World Models Clipped wing Cub 48 engine..

I'm ordering the WM Clipped wing Cub 48 today (if airborne is open) and I'd like some input on engine selection. I searched RCU and found most put 2 stroke 46's in and a few used 4 stroke 50 to 70 size. I'm thinking saito 56 but I have to wonder if it will be enough since I have NO 4 stroke motors. The last 2 WM arfs I put together came in at or under the advertised weight so I'm thinking the cub will be right at 5 1/2 pounds ready to fly, how will the 56 handle vertical at this weight? I'd like GOOD vertical... not unlimited or hovering power(it's still a cub) BUT I want to be able to pull up the nose and go straight up say 200 feet or so before it falls off. From what I've read the saito 72 will pull the snot out of it BUT it's taller and won't look as nice sticking out the left side of the cowl, the 56 should look about right so If it has the power I'd rather use it. putting a 2 stroke in this one is just NOT an option for me, the sound of the 4 stroke is just to important. so what would you put in it... saito 56 or 72? BTW I fly at 2500FT ASL

John
Old 02-16-2004, 11:02 AM
jsn
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: World Models Clipped wing Cub 48 engine..

What the..... I know darn well I was in the ARF forum when I made this post, would one of you nice moderator types move this PLEASE!

Thanks
John

NM, I posted this in the RIGHT forum...Mod's would you please delete this topic

Thanks
John