Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Why Can't AMA Members, well Senior Members get a magzine, OR DO THEY??

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Why Can't AMA Members, well Senior Members get a magzine, OR DO THEY??

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 07:58 PM
iflynething

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Can't AMA Members, well Senior Members get a magzine, OR DO THEY??

My dad was considering joining the AMA because he was wanting to start flying with me this summer on my Superstar Trainer, and he was just wondering if Members over 19.......Senior Members......got the MA magazine??......He just didn't want me and him both getting a magazine when he can just read mine when I get them.......

I was looking on the AMA Application, and didn't see where the Senior Memebers could get a Magazine, but I was just going to make sure....

THANKS.......
Old 02-26-2004, 10:13 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Default RE: Why Can't AMA Members, well Senior Members get a magzine, OR DO THEY??

The Junior (I have been told it is 14 and under... has something to do with FF and CL specific age classes at contests.) and Senior (15 to 18) members have the OPTION of $1 a year, no magazine, or $15 a year with magazine.

The "Open", "CD", "Leader Member" and "Life" memberships all come with the magazine.

I believe there is a way for a family to get a discount by taking one magazine when there are more than one who would normally be getting it... (some families share the magazine well... Some, each wants his/her own copy.) Anyway, there used to be a discount available... (I never needed it so didn't watch to see if it still exists.)

The $58 adult membership fee includes the magazine. No option for just one adult member.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:23 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Why Can't AMA Members, well Senior Members get a magzine, OR DO THEY??

ORIGINAL: iflynething

My dad was considering joining the AMA because he was wanting to start flying with me this summer on my Superstar Trainer, and he was just wondering if Members over 19.......Senior Members......got the MA magazine??......He just didn't want me and him both getting a magazine when he can just read mine when I get them.......

I was looking on the AMA Application, and didn't see where the Senior Memebers could get a Magazine, but I was just going to make sure....

THANKS.......

All your answers are at: http://www.modelaircraft.org/templat...-files/902.pdf

If you have access to the Model Aviation Magazine, look at the first few pages, find the Contents page, on the lower right, you will see a section called "AMA This Month." There you can locate the page for "AMA Membership Application". The entire system is explained in detail.

Do not confuse the AMA Senior with the AMA Senior Citizen (Sc). Do not confuse the Open Extra family member with the Youth (Juniors and Seniors) membership.

And to answer your question: Your Dad applies for Open member, magazine is part of it, and you, if not 19 by July 01, can apply for Youth member at ONE WHOLE YANKEE DOLLAR with NO magazine.

Every open member has a magazine. LOOK AT IT![>:]

Those that have access to this forum can look at the AMA Membership section application. Save yourself a BUNCH of wonder and worry.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:08 AM
iflynething

I guess that I can just like ya'll said and just go for me applying NEXT year (because I have already renewed) and go for the no magazine, and let my dad apply for the Extra Family Member for only $30 (well I guess that he will have to apply for the open memeber ship because he's never done this before) and then go to the Extra Family membership, and then he will get the magazine and I won't (and I'll only be paying $1!!....)......

^^ That sounds pretty good to me....!!

Thanks Alot You Guys....
Old 02-27-2004, 10:56 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

To qualify for the extra family membership, at least one member needs to be an Open member, AFAIK. You can't do an end-run by you joining as a junior for $1, then counting your dad as the extra family member, and getting his membership for $30.
Old 02-27-2004, 03:56 PM
iflynething

ORIGINAL: Matt Kirsch

To qualify for the extra family membership, at least one member needs to be an Open member, AFAIK. You can't do an end-run by you joining as a junior for $1, then counting your dad as the extra family member, and getting his membership for $30.
OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHhhhh.....

Ok.....he has to be the open member, and me still paying $15, then can he go to extra member the next time, or next year...??.......Sorry for making this so hard.....I know that I am making it hard....
Old 02-27-2004, 05:48 PM
FHHuber
Banned

since you already paid your $15...

He will still have to pay the $58 full fee. He will get a magazine and be listed as an "Open" member.
That means... there willbe 2 magazines in the mail box. One for you and one for him.

Next year, you can go with the $58 for the adult and $1 for the under 19 member. You'll see one magazine in the mailbox. (and you'll each have an AMA mebership card.

Later, when you are over 18... you can have one of you sign up at the full rate...a nd the other at the discount. and there will be just one magazine again. Or both can pay the full fee... and there will be 2 magazines in the mailbox each month.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:21 PM
iflynething

Ok........Thanks alot......I'll keep that in mind........