Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

test

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 09:21 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default test

test
Old 03-07-2004, 10:16 PM
the troll
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New flying site proposed-conflict?

Hold your cards close...The AMA will be more of an asset to the new site unfortunately...Maybe Jetero should consider playing hardball and severing the AMA if needed...Anyway good luck. Wish I could say more than try to work out some frequency agreement or some such.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:17 PM
J_R

Horrace knows Wes De Cou, the AMA western flying site assistance rep. I would have Horrace call him ASAP. Baring that, call him yourself.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:21 PM
J_R

Troll

I am having trouble with your reasoning. Why do you feel the AMA would be an asset to the new facility if it will not attempt to be come an AMA chartered club?
Do you mean serve the AMA with a legal suit? On what basis if so?
Old 03-07-2004, 10:25 PM
the troll
Banned

Well..... if a frequency agreement can't be had the AMA will revoke charter of Jetero...OR at least that is my understanding...
Old 03-07-2004, 10:27 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

since the ama has no enforcement ability, or privilages with the newcommer, their only possible action is to tell jetero to get a freq agreement, or loose their charter.
the safety code is rather clear on this one.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:32 PM
J_R

Troll

I see what your saying. I can't see grounds for a suit, though.

Plane Jim

Do you have any more information? Is this to be run along the lines of say, a bowling alley or golf course? Is it a model airplane site? Who do they think will fly there? Although the business may be insured, are they the landlord? What type of insurance are they requiring of pilots?
Old 03-07-2004, 10:41 PM
the troll
Banned

I think I see what made you think "lawsuit" I meant cut ties with AMA("sever") instead of litigation ("serve")
Old 03-07-2004, 10:43 PM
J_R

mongo

I can see two avenues of attack without knowing more. One is to contact the insurance company of the new site and explain the risk. The other is to go to the governmental body that would have to issue a business lic if this is a business and discuss the frequency problems with each. At the least, it should force them to be willing to negoitate a frequency agreement. There may be other means. Not too much information yet.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:56 PM
the troll
Banned

All

I am not sure but business licenses for R/C model operation in Texas is not required.

If the new site desired operation they might elect to operate uninsured long enough to quill Jetero

Disclaimer: no legal advice intended …please do due diligence.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:36 PM
FHHuber
Banned

You could send a certified letter to the builder of the new site, noting that his proposed site will create potential frequency conflicts with an already established site, and due to that, there will be no guarantee that at any time his "desired" frequency will be safe to use. Note all the potential hzards he is planning to create for yor club and himself. Send a copy to the guy's attourney and insurance carrier (if you can locate them...) and they will "draw and quarter" him if he proceeds.

If his insurance carrier doesn't immediately send a notice that they WON'T cover him if he proceeds... they are stupid.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:58 PM
PLANE JIM

Default test

test
Old 03-08-2004, 12:09 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

jr, in TX, outside of city limits, there is no business license needed.
so that av. is dead ended.
finding the newcommer's ins co might be productive, but damned hard to do, unless yer really silver tongued.
but if he gets his site open, the safety code will shut down the ama site without a sharing agreement. the code leaves no wiggle room.

edited to add:

without any more info, i am willing to bet that the newcommer knows about the ama and it's safety code, possibly is even a member or past member, and is going to use the code to get the jettero facility shut down and moved. this just all sounds planned to me.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:25 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: PLANE JIM

This proposed site that I have been told about is going to sit on about 400 acres and will be a sole site for r/c enthusiasts including helicopter and planes-also control line area's-they are proposing pull thru rv hook-ups, weekend type cottages with a 30 acre float plane basin-a concrete runway as well as large open spaces -large a/c recreation hall and pool-this guy is stating it will be for the entire family or the sole person it will be a top of the line site for r/c and model aviation.

OK Plane jim, You have my attention, since Jetero is MY CLUB.

Would you please inform me -- and the officers -- WWW.jetero.com of just who this person is?

Thank You.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:08 AM
FHHuber
Banned

ORIGINAL: mongo

jr, in TX, outside of city limits, there is no business license needed.
so that av. is dead ended.
finding the newcommer's ins co might be productive, but damned hard to do, unless yer really silver tongued.
but if he gets his site open, the safety code will shut down the ama site without a sharing agreement. the code leaves no wiggle room.

edited to add:

without any more info, i am willing to bet that the newcommer knows about the ama and it's safety code, possibly is even a member or past member, and is going to use the code to get the jettero facility shut down and moved. this just all sounds planned to me.

There's always the expensive way... file a class action on behalf of the club members or some other type of case (ask a [:'(]Lawyer[:'(]) demanding a court injunction preventing the project...

BTW... that's where only the Lawyers win... it might bankrupt BOTH the club and the guy doing the new site...
Old 03-08-2004, 02:07 AM
PLANE JIM

Hello Horrace:
HAPPY APRIL FOOLS EARLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2004, 08:23 AM
the troll
Banned

[sm=lol.gif]
Old 03-08-2004, 09:49 AM
Hossfly

Hello Horrace:
HAPPY APRIL FOOLS EARLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, Jim Mcwilliams, I suppose that is funny and I definitely hope it was a joke. You certainly got my chains to rattling very loudly. You must have heard them all the way to Pinehurst!!!

Your description was a bit too detailed for me to yet rest easily. If truly a joke, you can really laugh about that one, cause it got the desired effect. If not, well I'll still be checking for various permits, etc. and will find the developer. There is some construction, now shut down because of the rain, starting at a large property close to May Park. I was thinking of that but it's outside the 3 miles.

Now for you others, suffice it to say that in such a case, AMA does not have the power to *SHUT DOWN* any club. There are too many other options. OTOH I certainly don't have any desire to exercise those options, however when backed into a corner: just let me say that the tiger can come alive!![>:]
Old 03-08-2004, 11:45 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

Now for you others, suffice it to say that in such a case, AMA does not have the power to *SHUT DOWN* any club. There are too many other options. OTOH I certainly don't have any desire to exercise those options, however when backed into a corner: just let me say that the tiger can come alive!![>:]
I think the "others" referenced pulling of the clubs charter per AMA guidleines, not "shutting down" the club.

This would have actually been a funny thread...if it was ON APRIL FIRST!
Old 03-08-2004, 12:15 PM
rsallen13
My Feedback: (1)

It still is funny considering who it was directed at.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:05 PM
J_R

While I will fight all day long with Horrace over AMA issues and politics, the thought of the loss of a flying site is another issue. I will try to help Horrace or anyone else. I hope everyone enjoyed the laugh. I am sure Horrace did not... nor did I.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:59 PM
rsallen13
My Feedback: (1)

J_R you really need to lighten up a bit. When I first read this I new it had to be a joke because it was just to well directed. I, and I'm sure others, got the joke at the begining. I do not think anyone here would support or condone the loss of any flying site and to imply otherwise is wrong. Considering all the grief, hate and discontent (not discounting some of the good information that he has provided) that Hoss has spewed on this forum in the past I enjoyed it alittle at his expense. As they say don't dish it out if you can't take it.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:23 PM
PLANE JIM

Default RE: test

Everyone can beat me now-Horrace I was just teasing and did not think I would get that kind of response-you owe me one
Old 03-08-2004, 09:25 PM
Hossfly

Default RE: test

Everyone can beat me now-Horrace I was just teasing and did not think I would get that kind of response-you owe me one

Hey Jim, Owe you one?? You give me a coronary and I OWE YOU??? Ha, Man, you owe me, like at least a couple cold Bud-Lights.

Anyway it's like a tooth-ache, it feels sooo good when it's over.

And regardless of all other things, I find it rather amusing myself. Now I am going away for a week over April 1st, so I will not be available for anything else you might dream up and you can make a note of that, PLEEEEASE?[sm=redface.gif]
Old 03-08-2004, 09:34 PM
Hossfly

ORIGINAL: P-51B

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

I think the "others" referenced pulling of the clubs charter per AMA guidleines, not "shutting down" the club.

This would have actually been a funny thread...if it was ON APRIL FIRST!
Then Think again. See Post 13. >>>"without any more info, i am willing to bet that the newcommer knows about the ama and it's safety code, possibly is even a member or past member, and is going to use the code to get the jettero facility shut down and moved. this just all sounds planned to me." <<<<<<<<<<

Actually I think it was rather funny now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.