Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Has is ever been done?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Has is ever been done?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 06:14 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has is ever been done?

With an R/C plane flying across the Atlantic what remains to be done? I wonder if someone has ever flown two planes at the same time on the same frequency. It would have to be done somewhere wide open and remote like the Bonneville Salt Flats. Any other goofy ideas out there?
Old 05-31-2004, 02:00 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Has is ever been done?

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

With an R/C plane flying across the Atlantic what remains to be done? I wonder if someone has ever flown two planes at the same time on the same frequency. It would have to be done somewhere wide open and remote like the Bonneville Salt Flats. Any other goofy ideas out there?

We did it back in the early 60's on 27 mHz. We flew 1/2 a Walt Good TTPW system in one plane and the other half in another. Rudder Only.

Using the same idea with today's 8 channel radios you could put 8 planes in the air if you are creative in dividing up the channels some how so that each pilot has access to one control function. Again, these would be rudder only with no throttle control. Two planes at once with rudder and elevator should be equally easy, on pilot on the right stick for rudder/elevator and the other pilot on the left stick for his rudder/elevator, each pick one of the aux channels for throttle.

Red S.
Old 05-31-2004, 03:22 PM
[email protected]

I was thinking about one pilot controlling two identical planes on the same frequency. (Formation flying)
Old 05-31-2004, 06:32 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Now that is a different problem. Jim Walker use to do two or three U-Control at one time, but with radio???? Check with Jason Schulman.

Red S.