Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

district XI anything going on

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

district XI anything going on

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 02:14 PM
crownvic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default district XI anything going on

I have been reading all of the controversy going on in other districts and was just wondering if district XI has anything going that the members should be aware of?

Lonnie
Old 07-19-2004, 03:20 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: district XI anything going on

Yeah, there is a presidential election. Please vote for . . . . .
Old 07-21-2004, 10:33 PM
crownvic

Tell me why?
Old 07-21-2004, 11:16 PM
Jim Branaum

Why vote for president? That is simple, to insure that the AMA grows rather than stagnates. Too many potential voters ignore the election thinking that the decision has already been made. That is wrong because WE make the decision, but ONLY if we VOTE.

Read the candidates statements carefully and see how well they stack up against historical actions of the people involved. That is a start towards getting ready to make a choice.

Look at the several rules that have been tried out on the membership in the last few years to see the negative approach to modeling we have become used to. All the various versions of Safety Code rule #9, the turbine waiver stuff are simply examples of the 'you can't do that' attitude in action. Surely we need a break from that so the 'lets try this' bunch can begin to make things happen for modelers again.

It is only important if you want to be modeling as an AMA member.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:33 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: crownvic

Tell me why?
Of course you could just be a lamb (or pig whatever the case) and blindly follow the "wisdom" as it exists without any effort or 'free' thinking of you own. The choice is up to you.
Old 07-22-2004, 06:49 AM
headshot

Just posing a question here.

Are "term limits" a viable idea for the future of the AMA. This would ensure "new blood" injected at least every few years. New Blood may mean new/good ideas.

A thought.....

J.L.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:26 PM
Jim Branaum

I am not in favor of term limits of any nature. They hand control of things over to folks we never vote for due to the lack of operational knowledge gained by the elected folks. Why bother if there is any chance you won't be around to push your ideas through?

Take a survey of clubs within 100 miles of you and find out how easy (NOT!) it is to get new club officers. Extrapolate that to a job that REQUIRES extensive travel instead of modeling.

Little Crankshaf, your comments are in agreement with my directions. Sheep? How about BLACK sheep? Can I do that one? >g<
Old 07-22-2004, 02:33 PM
headshot

Jim,

When you put it that way, I would have to agree. I was an officer in my club for six years. When it came time to replace other officers, it seemed like we were trying to pull teeth without any medication. Never seen so many elderly men run so fast.

I recind my earlier post after having been enlightened on the minor error in my thinking.

Wait, was I thinking?!!! I was, I was!!!! Be back later, gotta go write it down on the calendar that I was actually thinking. Get back to ya on what the calendar said was the last time THAT happened.[sm=bananahead.gif][sm=bananahead.gif][sm=bananahead.gif][sm=bananahead.gif]

J.L.
Old 07-22-2004, 06:42 PM
crownvic

I no that I am suppose to vote but why should I vote for you?
Old 07-25-2004, 10:15 AM
Live Wire

Because He is the only one not Running, feet don't fail me now!!
Old 07-25-2004, 09:51 PM
Jim Branaum

Please DON'T vote for me because I do not meet the qualifications set in the by-laws for that job.

Now as for the presidential race, a vote for me would be equal to a vote for Mickey Mouse. In the last District VIII contest, I beat him!