Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

How is the AMA President compensated?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

How is the AMA President compensated?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 11:17 AM
glowplugboy
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How is the AMA President compensated?

After having read some of these posts, it dawned on me that I have never heard of any compensation package for being AMA President. Is it:
1) a full time position requiring residence in Muncie?
2) a job that offers normal benefits such as medical insurance?
3) a salaried position? If so, how much?

Regards,
GPB
Old 08-18-2004, 11:28 AM
rsallen13
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: How is the AMA President compensated?

It is a voluntary postion with a travel and expense allowance.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:49 PM
Dave Mathewson

ORIGINAL: glowplugboy

After having read some of these posts, it dawned on me that I have never heard of any compensation package for being AMA President. Is it:
1) a full time position requiring residence in Muncie?
2) a job that offers normal benefits such as medical insurance?
3) a salaried position? If so, how much?

Regards,
GPB
HI GPB,
RS is right. Every AMA elected office is a volunteer position. Each elected officer gets a budget to cover things like travel, telephone, postage, normal business expenses associated with the position, etc. The only requirement for residency is with the district vice presidents who are required to reside in the district they represent.
Dave
Old 08-19-2004, 12:02 AM
vettediver

Default District VPs

Dave:

This is a quote from one of your replys " The only requirement for residency is with the district vice presidents who are required to reside in the district they represent. " While Sandy Frank may have a legal residense in his district, he spends the majority of this time living in a mobile home in or near Muncie. As President would you at least make sure this was disclosed to the members in his district when election time came around???
Old 08-19-2004, 02:59 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I think more to the point, is where is his legal state of residence?
If he meet the residency laws of texas, then he should be considered a legal resident
Old 08-19-2004, 08:20 AM
Chuckr53-RCU
My Feedback: (40)

I don't agree with "legal" residency. I think that the District VP's should PHYSICALLY reside in the districts they represent for at least 75% of the time. How well can they represent people if they're elsewhere? If they physically reside in a different district, then run for VP in that district.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:46 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Geistware

I think more to the point, is where is his legal state of residence?
If he meet the residency laws of texas, then he should be considered a legal resident
Gee, I wish I had thought of that. Sitting up here in my summer place on Swan Lake, Crystal Falls, in the U.P. of MI, perhaps I should declare MI as my residency as I have a house (albeit small but much larger than my 5th wheel), a telephone, Direct TV, and pay 3 times the local rate for real estate taxes, almost the same as my real home in TX.
I could maybe unseat Oberdieck, reduce my taxes and perhaps do some real good for D-7, then AMA. I can certainly accomplish more in 2-3 months than Oberdieck does in 12. Yep, not a bad idea.
Get a MI driver's license and register my truck here. Not a bad idea as the MI No-Fault Insurance rates are only about 50% of the TX rates as set by the Ambulance Chasers.

Yep Geistware, ya' got me thinkin'.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:54 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the Pres of the AMA should be compensated. How many companies non-profit that do 10 million a year in gross revenue pay zero to the President? Is that common? I'd think you would get more incentive for any president if there were some compensation which I feel is due considering the time put in
Old 08-20-2004, 09:12 AM
rsallen13
My Feedback: (1)

RCAdmin,

Looking to start a new career? [sm=lol.gif]
Old 08-20-2004, 11:51 AM
glowplugboy
My Feedback: (17)

ORIGINAL: rsallen13

RCAdmin,

Looking to start a new career? [sm=lol.gif]
I'm in the r/c business, so there's not much difference!
Old 08-20-2004, 06:43 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is that common? I'd think you would get more incentive for any president if there were some compensation which I feel is due considering the time put in
Mark there are all kinds of quirks that provide compensation for an IRC 501 (c) (3) Director / Officer.

One can expense great amounts of model aviation materials (one must keep up with the technology [>:]) and remember that every penny spent including traveling to the LHS, lunch, etc., anything concerning model aviation or talking about model aviation constitutes a BUSINESS expense.
It ain't all bad.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:35 AM
Dave Mathewson

Default RE: District VPs

ORIGINAL: vettediver

Dave:

This is a quote from one of your replys " The only requirement for residency is with the district vice presidents who are required to reside in the district they represent. " While Sandy Frank may have a legal residense in his district, he spends the majority of this time living in a mobile home in or near Muncie. As President would you at least make sure this was disclosed to the members in his district when election time came around???
Hi Vette,
Sorry for the delay in replying to your question. I've been away since Thursday. While I do know that Dr. Frank has a mobile home near Muncie I truly have no idea of how much time he actually spends there. My understanding is that he maintains a primary residence in Tx. While I certainly agree that a VP needs to reside in the district I don't know that I have a problem with a VP owning a second place somewhere outside the district. As for how much time away is acceptable, I guess that could be arbitrary, and if the members in a district thought their VP was away too much they could solve that problem at the polls. Personally, I have declined to appoint AVP's because they winter outside of my district and would be gone for a period longer than I felt was acceptable. If it were me I would tell the members in my district how often they could expect me to be away. I'd also think that, at election time (or any other time) if you asked Dr. Frank that question he'd be happy to answer it for you. The members would then have to decide if the answer was acceptable to them or not.
Dave