Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Time for a Change AMA District 1??

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Time for a Change AMA District 1??

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 11:33 AM
tat2ist
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time for a Change AMA District 1??

As some of you know, (and there have been previous posts on this subject) Andy Argenio from Lincoln, RI is running for AMA District 1 VP. In previous posts I have not been able to find a link to Andy's Campaign Site. Well, if any of you from Dist. 1 are interested in positive change, check out Andy Argenio at [link=http://www.amadistrict1.com]www.amadistrict1.com[/link]. If you feel that this is what District one needs, be sure to vote in October.
Dave V.
Old 09-03-2004, 04:27 PM
The PIPE

Default OHHH, YYYEEESSSSS!!!

Dear Tat2ist:

The PIPE here yet again...and if you check out my postings at http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Andy...2105114/tm.htm , you can see the sort of BEEF I have had with the incumbent...which was from a SAD and VERY much undeserved confrontation some eighteen years ago...and despite the annoying "troll" that posted just before my MOST recent post (he's "blocked" here on RCU, on my Web browser) I am REALLY looking forward to supporting Andy with some of HIS campaign flyers, to be distributed to fellow New England aeromodelers attending the RHINEBECK RC JAMBOREE on the weekend after Labor Day. which I attend EVERY SINGLE YEAR...and at the upcoming September 14th regular monthly meeting of my OWN RC club, at http://www.wingbusters.org/ ...!

At LAST...an AMA District I VP who REALLY listens is FRIENDLY and understanding, and does NOT ever try to do anything TO you in any way, as the incumbent HAS been known to do...just like a change being needed down in Washington DC this year, a change for AMA's District I IS also SORELY needed!

VOTE ANDY ARGENIO for AMA Distrct I VP !!!!!!!!

Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE!
Old 09-04-2004, 03:16 AM
Mougly

Default RE: OHHH, YYYEEESSSSS!!!

Yo,

There was no trolling involved. My main objection to your post was the insults, name calling, and just plain flaming in direct violation of this site's policy. If you want to debate the issues....please do. Leave out the personal attacks.

I hope the person you are supporting does not follow your lead. I'm turned off to him just because of your condesending and insulting attitude.

Mougly

p.s. The club meeting is for discussing club business...not politics.
M
Old 11-25-2004, 12:20 PM
The PIPE

Default RE: OHHH, YYYEEESSSSS!!!

Dear "Mougly"...

The PIPE here again...and I'd guess roughly 150 OTHER aeromodelers (besides myself) here in District I MAY have been aggrieved by "Do-Nothing Don's" LACK of positive performance AND his sadly inappropriate way of interacting with people...bceause the vote total in the 2004 AMA District I election went like THIS...

Andy Argenio-890 votes
Don Krafft-748 votes

...so at least a plurality of District I members DID choose Andy, and NOT Don, for the position of AMA District I VP.

I won't miss Don...ALL the things I have said concerning the April 1986 incident are TRUE, despite what you've stated otherwise here...and NOW a person will quite soon be in place that will most likely NEVER treat the average New England aeromodeler as inappropriately as Don did to me on that sad, rainy day over eighteen years ago.

Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE...!
Old 11-25-2004, 09:50 PM
SSRCCPREZ

Default RE: Time for a Change AMA District 1??

Well, whichever way you feel about the results they are what they are.

Also, Pipe it is my fervant hope that this gives you some closure to your insident 18 years ago.
As you and I share a mutual unhappiness with the previouse VP we can now look forward to one who we believe in.

I spoke with Andy to congratulate him on Wednesday and he is looking forward to jumping right in.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:59 AM
Mougly

Yo,

One of these days Pipe, you'll actually "get it"

No where in any post did I actually say District I didn't need a change.
No where in any post did I actually say vote for Don.
No where in any post did I actually say don't vote for Andy.
The only thing I said "anti-Andy" is the fact you personally were turning me off to him.

No where in any post did I say you were mistaken, or outright call you a liar as you imply as you stress and bold the words "are true" in your post.

The only thing I did complain about is your constant crying, complaining, flames, personal attacks, and blaming everything on one person for an incident over 15 years ago.

In a previous post you said you were going to add me to your ignore list.
The fact that you emailed me privately after that statement bewilders me.
The fact that you dug up a thread over 2 months old in an attempt to prove *something* bothers me.
The fact that you you addressed your post directly to me scares me.

I hope that Andy's victory allows you some closure to an ugly chapter in your life and will get you on the road to recovery.

Mougly

p.s. FYI I did vote for Andy also.
M
Old 11-26-2004, 06:25 AM
scrcc_guy

Ouch, THAT left a mark..... :-)

and yet, go figure, some day both of you may be working on the same action commitee somewhere.
Old 11-27-2004, 02:24 AM
Mougly

Yo,

I would have no problem with that.

M
Old 12-07-2004, 11:39 PM
ezflyr
My Feedback: (32)

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to actually contact Andy Argenio?? I've emailed him 3 times since his election as District 1 VP, and have not yet received a reply. The email address listed on his campaign website ([email protected]) appears to be defunct. I used the alternate email address ([email protected]), but again have not had a reply []!

Can anyone suggest a better way to contact Andy??

Thanks,

John
Old 12-09-2004, 12:33 AM
scrcc_guy

John:
The best way to reach Andy is via the EMail address [email protected] until such time as he sets one up specifically for AMA business. The imaa...... address is a leave over from his IMAA duties, and until he gave up that gig the address was getting about 60 submissions a day, hopefully it's slowed down by now.

It would help if you include your name in the subject line (along with the subject LOL) when you correspond. It will let him know it's a legit posting

Considering how many people are probably trying to reach him, i'd expect a day or two for a reply. (until he finally gets everything set up.)

SCRCC_GUY
Old 12-09-2004, 07:53 AM
SSRCCPREZ

HEllo,

Andy was nice enough to attend our club's 50th anniversary party and banquet. Let me assure everyone that we are in really really good hands!!! I had the joy of speaking with Andy and spending some time with him. He is a tremendous man. I do know that he is being swarmed with correspondance from people all over the District. I can tell you that e-mail is the best way to reach him and he will do the best he can to return all e-mails in a timely manner. Please understand he is getting hundreds of e-mails a day. He will get back to you!!!

SSRCCPREZ
Old 12-11-2004, 10:35 AM
J_R

Hi SSRCCPREZ

The election is over, so now I have an oddball question for you. The e-mail address you use was, apparently, at one time, one used by Andy. Are you Andy, or is there some other explaination?

JR
Old 12-11-2004, 01:08 PM
scrcc_guy

JR:

There may be some confusion here.

Prior to Andy opening up his campaign website he utilized several email addresses, depending on what was needed. The first was:

[email protected] , which he used for IMAA related business (and because of sheer volume became his primary address). He still uses it.

the second was:
[email protected] , one specifically for his duties as club president of the South County R/C Club (Rhode Island), Thus the [email protected]

The SSRCCPRES I believe refers to the Bridgewater Mass club (SOUTH SHORE R/C CLUB) president. Which would make sense since Bridgewater just had their yearly banquet.....
Old 12-11-2004, 01:21 PM
scrcc_guy

On a more personal note; I know Andy has no aversions to self promotion, but IF he's gonna to do it, he'll tell you himself. He's not one to hide behind avitars, surrogates and false screen names. He's a wealth of information, experiences and will bend your ear with stories for hours if given the chance.
It doesn't surprise me that hes' out and about already, "pressing the flesh" so to speak. He loves this stuff.
If SSRCCPRES gets excited by all this, so much the better. I truthfully expect to hear more

P.