Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

whos voting for Judi?

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

whos voting for Judi?

Old 09-27-2004, 08:27 PM
nick.wright
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whos voting for Judi?

Who is voting for Judi Dunlap for district 5 VP? I am......
Old 09-27-2004, 08:33 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: whos voting for Judi?

4 Hurricane disasters not enough for you, eh!
Old 09-27-2004, 09:32 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

well hoss:

we, at least, gotta give the guy moxie points.

this aint the most friendly place to be trying to promote Judi.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:47 PM
bentgear

ORIGINAL: nick.wright

OK, why??????????????????????????

Ed M.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:51 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nobody I know. . . .
Old 09-28-2004, 12:26 AM
abel_pranger

ORIGINAL: Jim Branaum

Nobody I know. . . .
Hey, I will...........we're talking about Frank Tiano's leggy lil' sister-in-law Judi that graces the Zap adverts, right?

Abel
Old 09-28-2004, 12:48 AM
William Robison

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Abel:

I hope you and Nick are kidding.

Not even Manny Sousa is going to vote for her.

Bill.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:36 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Doesn't this belong over in RC Humor?

S

Old 09-28-2004, 06:51 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned

ORIGINAL: bentgear

OK, why??????????????????????????
Ed M.
check out the URL he gives and you will have a pretty good idea why.
wwww.nicksplanes.freeservers.com/ use all 4 "w"s
There is a fair chance he probably will send the ballot back with his renewal just to make sure his vote counts.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:56 AM
nick.wright

Where's Tony Stillman's campaign? I have a copy of Manny Sousa's, but no one elses.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:08 AM
William Robison

Nick:

[link=http://webpages.charter.net/nneville/nneville/]Here's[/link] Tony's campaign web site.

Bill.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:21 AM
scottrc

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Is this "Judge Judy"?
Old 09-28-2004, 09:29 AM
quint-rcu
My Feedback: (24)

And I though District V folks didn't have a sense of humor. [8D] Why not advocate a vote for Pee Wee Herman too? Me? I'm sticking to Tony Stillman and hope for our district.

quint
Old 09-28-2004, 09:36 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Where's Tony Stillman's campaign? I have a copy of Manny Sousa's, but no one elses.
Gosh Nick, are you tell us you have made up your mind on who to vote for without reading each candidates material?
Let us know if you change your mind after reading the qualifications and background for Tony S.
Or if you are still voting for Judi D. please tell us what we missed.

http://webpages.charter.net/nneville/nneville/

S
Old 09-28-2004, 10:59 AM
nick.wright

Default Judi's Focus

Directly from Judi Dunlap's campaign/website:

My Focus:

I would like to focus on three primary issues if elected:
1) youth education
2) improving communications within District V
3) the promotion of our hobby to the public.

When I am elected

I will appoint officers that are willing to work and take an active part in District V. I want people on my staff that will be willing to work as hard as I do and not just expect a job for a title. They're to many good people out there that would love a chance to represent their district. When a position opens up for District V I will announce on the website and if you are interest in working, I will ask for a resume. I will carefully review and announce whom I selected. I will pick someone within a week of announcement of that position. I do not want people that say they will do something, but do not have the time to, or forget that you asked them to do something for you. All AVPs and Officers that are presently assigned in District V will of course have first choice, and are welcome to keep their position if they want it as long as they want to work for the betterment of the District V. I must say, we have some pretty good people on board.

My Interests

I am interested in all types of airplanes, not just one kind. I feel all the different flying machines should be represented equally, not just one or two groups. I want to receive information and pictures from the Contest Board on what is happening. I am only one person and I cannot be in 10 different places at one time. I want Officers that will let me know what is happening with the clubs in there area and if they attended any events.

In the future months I hope to visit the other states in District V. I also want to visit different kinds of meets, as I am interested in them all and not just one type of airplane.

If your interest in honesty, fairness and not just another politician I actively practice what I preach, and have for a good number of years and I want your vote for Vice President District V in 2005.

Thanking you in advance for your support. Remember all votes count, so please mail it in as soon as you get your form and do not mail it with your membership application, as the voting card goes to a different address.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:10 PM
rsallen13
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Judi's Focus

What I'm sure many would like to know is:

1) What qualified her to be an AVP and in turn the DVP?

2) Does she fly and if so what? RC? Control line? FF? Scale? Other?

3) What has she done WHILE she was AVP to promote her current agenda? Specifics would be nice!
Old 09-28-2004, 12:17 PM
nick.wright

Default About Judi

Directly from Judi Dunlap's campaign/website:

First a little history about myself

I was born June 6, graduated commercial from a small school in Pa. After graduation, my first job was in Washington, D.C. with the CIA. My last job was with Western Development Corporation. There I was the Officer Manager/Assistant to the Vice President of a project called the Saw Grass Mills Mall, Sunrise, Fl., and 650-acre mall in the shape of an alligator and we employed over 5,000 people. .

I'm retired, and live in Summerfield, Florida just south of Ocala. For many years my hobby has been photography, WW II vintage aircraft, such as the P-51 and Corsair. I am a history buff I love reading true stories by Stephen E. Ambrose. It was a great fit 34 years ago when I met and married Harry, RC builder, pilot and instructor. In the early days of our marriage, our one-bedroom apartment had airplanes hanging from the ceiling and walls. We have progressed to a two and a half car garage, thank goodness.

My first model airplane

it was one of three and arrived many years ago; a gift came from a friend who was moving away. Then in 1976 I started building my first airplane, the Ugly Stick at that time I thought it was the best flying airplane around. I made it red, white and blue for the Bicentennial. Need-less to say I was hooked. I am not a stand around person, if I see something that needs to be done at the club I would just do it. I got banners from different sponsors for our club to hang up on the fence, donations: plaques, airplanes, JR radios and one even a ride in an AT-6 for some lucky member who's name was picked is a drawing. I Helped submit the first written article to a magazine on one of our events (pictures). Also at the club events I would display all the pictures I took from each of the events on a briefing board so all and guests could see what our club did.

Presently:

I am the Incumbent Vice President for District V personally picked by Jim McNeill prior to his passing and Authorized by A.M.A. in addition, I am a member of the Ocala Flying Model Club, Ocala Florida. as well as their Promotion and Advertisement Chairperson, plus Club Historian for three years. I was made an Honorary Member by the club members for all my services to the club.

Previously:

I served as the RC/AMA Events Coordinator for the State of Florida, and Associate Vice President for District V.
My local flying club:

A. 2002 Advertising and Promotion Chairwoman for the Ocala Flying Model Club .

B. I contributed to our clubs receipt of the AMA Gold Leader Award and Excellence Award.

C. I was Assistant Manager to the Southern Aces Show Team in Central Florida. We have 27 members.

D. I did the Advertisement & Promotion for the Southern Aces Show Team Before we became the Southern Aces Show Team.

E. I gathered several club members that would go with my husband and I to schools, clubs, juvenile detention center and developments in the area and have a flying and static display presentation. By doing this, we helped bring in a lot of members to the clubs in our area, and our own.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:37 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Default RE: Judi's Focus

Please see RED and BLUE highlights.

Red S.

My Focus: Per Judi campaign web site.

I would like to focus on three primary issues if elected:
1) youth education Warm fuzzy
2) improving communications within District V
She has refused to participate in or endorse the [email protected] just as her predacessor did after it was established for him in early 2000
3) the promotion of our hobby to the public. Another warm fuzzy.

When I am elected

I will appoint officers that are willing to work and take an active part in District V. I want people on my staff that will be willing to work as hard as I do and not just expect a job for a title. They're to many good people out there that would love a chance to represent their district. When a position opens up for District V I will announce on the website and if you are interest in working, I will ask for a resume. Was the appointment of frequency coordinator announced, was the R/C Contest Coordinator announced? I will carefully review and announce whom I selected. I will pick someone within a week of announcement of that position. I do not want people that say they will do something, but do not have the time to, or forget that you asked them to do something for you. All AVPs and Officers that are presently assigned in District V will of course have first choice, and are welcome to keep their position if they want it as long as they want to work for the betterment of the District V. In otherwords deadwood stays. None have be replaced since her anointment
I must say, we have some pretty good people on board.

My Interests
I am interested in all types of airplanes, not just one kind. Having not built or flown many of ANY kind. I feel all the different flying machines should be represented equally, not just one or two groups. I want to receive information and pictures from the Contest Board on what is happening. Apparantly she doesn't realize that competition represents but a very small portion of the general membership she wants to represent. I am only one person and I cannot be in 10 different places at one time. I want Officers that will let me know what is happening with the clubs in there area and if they attended any events.

In the future months I hope to visit the other states in District V. I also want to visit different kinds of meets, as I am interested in them all and not just one type of airplane.

If your interest in honesty, fairness (like accepting appointments via waiver for which she did not meet the qualifications to) and not just another politician (unlike the one that she allowed to use her to get votes from one of the largest clubs in the district) I actively practice what I preach, and have for a good number of years and I want your vote for Vice President District V in 2005.

Thanking you in advance for your support. Remember all votes count, so please mail it in as soon as you get your form and do not mail it with your membership application, as the voting card goes to a different address.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:44 PM
rsallen13
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: About Judi

versus Tony's qualifications? I think that the members of DV should look at the other two canidates before her. I'm not in DV but as a member of AMA I know that the DV members can do a lot better with either of the other two candidates. I hope that they do pick Tony as I feel he would do more, an has done more, for DV and the AMA.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:47 PM
MikeChilson
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Hossfly
4 Hurricane disasters not enough for you, eh!
ORIGINAL: Jim Branaum
Nobody I know. . . .
ORIGINAL: William Robison
Abel:
I hope you and Nick are kidding.
Not even Manny Sousa is going to vote for her.
Bill.

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield
Doesn't this belong over in RC Humor?
And you guys can't understand why more candidates are not active in this forum????
Old 09-28-2004, 12:54 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Default RE: About Judi

First a little history about myself

I was born June 6, graduated commercial from a small school in Pa. After graduation, my first job was in Washington, D.C. with the CIA. My last job was with Western Development Corporation. There I was the Officer Manager/Assistant to the Vice President of a project called the Saw Grass Mills Mall, Sunrise, Fl., and 650-acre mall in the shape of an alligator and we employed over 5,000 people. .

I'm retired, and live in Summerfield, Florida just south of Ocala. For many years my hobby has been photography, WW II vintage aircraft, such as the P-51 and Corsair. I am a history buff I love reading true stories by Stephen E. Ambrose. It was a great fit 34 years ago when I met and married Harry, RC builder, pilot and instructor. In the early days of our marriage, our one-bedroom apartment had airplanes hanging from the ceiling and walls. We have progressed to a two and a half car garage, thank goodness.

My first model airplane

it was one of three and arrived many years ago; a gift came from a friend who was moving away. Then in 1976 I started building my first airplane, the Ugly Stick at that time I thought it was the best flying airplane around. I made it red, white and blue for the Bicentennial. Need-less to say I was hooked. I am not a stand around person, if I see something that needs to be done at the club I would just do it. I got banners from different sponsors for our club to hang up on the fence, donations: plaques, airplanes, JR radios and one even a ride in an AT-6 for some lucky member who's name was picked is a drawing. I Helped submit the first written article to a magazine on one of our events (pictures). Also at the club events I would display all the pictures I took from each of the events on a briefing board so all and guests could see what our club did.

Presently:

I am the Incumbent Vice President for District V personally picked by Jim McNeill prior to his passing and Authorized by A.M.A. in addition, I am a member of the Ocala Flying Model Club, Ocala Florida. as well as their Promotion and Advertisement Chairperson, plus Club Historian for three years. I was made an Honorary Member by the club members for all my services to the club.

Previously:

I served as the RC/AMA Events Coordinator for the State of Florida, and Associate Vice President for District V.
My local flying club:

A. 2002 Advertising and Promotion Chairwoman for the Ocala Flying Model Club .

B. I contributed to our clubs receipt of the AMA Gold Leader Award and Excellence Award.

C. I was Assistant Manager to the Southern Aces Show Team in Central Florida. We have 27 members.

D. I did the Advertisement & Promotion for the Southern Aces Show Team Before we became the Southern Aces Show Team.

E. I gathered several club members that would go with my husband and I to schools, clubs, juvenile detention center and developments in the area and have a flying and static display presentation. By doing this, we helped bring in a lot of members to the clubs in our area, and our own.

NOW COMPARE

TONY STILLMAN
Background:

I am an active modeler. I started modeling at the age of eight, building plastic models. I starting building flying model rockets at ten, and then control line when I was twelve years old. I built several rubber-power free flight models as well. I got into Radio Control flying at the age of fourteen and continue to enjoy models to this day.

I joined the AMA in 1971 and became a contest director in 1974, and have CD’ed and co-CD’ed many events including a number of local events as well as National and International events, including several USA Team Selections and World Championships. I was the pattern event director for the U. S. Nationals in 1992 & 1993, have CD’ed two World Championships in 1983 & 1999. I was the USA Pattern Team Manager for four USA World Championship Teams in 1993, 1995, & 1997, and in 2003, when we won the World Team Championships. I served as NSRCA District VP from 1992 to 1993 and NSRCA President from 1994 to 1997, and am currently serving my third term as President. On a local level, I have served in every office of my local club, which I joined in 1971. I have flown free flight, Control Line, R/C helicopters, scale, giant scale, pattern, IMAC, sailplanes, R/C assist old timers, and even some pylon racing and combat.

On July 16, 2003, I was inducted into the AMA Hall of Fame. I am also currently serving on the AMA Frequency Committee. On a local level, I have served in every office of my local club. I am currently involved in our local club field improvement committee.

I still enjoy flying today! I am a regular competitor on the FAI Pattern circuit, and attend the Nationals to compete each year. I have several models that I fly, including my own design that is currently being kitted by a national company. However, I don’t just fly pattern! I enjoy sport-flying with club members, and I am currently really enjoying flying indoor electric models in a local high-school gym. It is very relaxing, and we have a blast! Model flying is supposed to be FUN! In order for me to be an effective VP, I think it is important that I be a modeler first.

The main function of the AMA VP is to represent the district membership at national meetings where AMA policy is made. I will enlist counsel from the District Five membership in order to make informed decisions at Muncie. Most of this is done through the Associate VP’s that I will appoint. I will actively enlist interested, energetic modelers to serve with me in this area. I will make it a goal for myself or one of my AVP’s to visit your club at least once a year to hear from you!

There are so many specialties in model aviation today that it makes it virtually impossible to be knowledgeable in all aspect of the sport. When it comes to national policy-making at Muncie, I will seek out counsel from within the district. Let’s say a new policy is being discussed that would directly effect IMAC pilots. I want to be able to call someone from that group to get their opinion, if I don’t already know. This will help me to make intelligent, informed decisions.

It is vital that I surround myself with intelligent modelers who can give me counsel about the particulars with their special aspect of the sport. Not only with rules that effect competition fliers, but with everyday issues that would impact the sport flier as well. The sport flier is the heart and soul of modeling, and it will always be so. They may be the silent majority but they have concerns that must be addressed as well.

Each AMA District VP has access to funds to use within the district. These funds are used at the VP’s discretion, but should be carefully considered, so that all areas and all types of members are impacted. I will be accountable to my district membership as to how this money was spent each year.

Communication is something that has been overlooked within our district for many years. The monthly column in Model Aviation is good, but is grossly out of date by the time it is read! I will establish an up-to-date website that will allow easy access to me via e-mail. It will also create a way for anyone in the district to contact the AVP that serves their area of the district. In this way, the membership will be able to get any questions answered directly from me or an AVP. I will also establish e-mail lists and discussion boards as needed to help the membership communicate.

I will hold at least one annual meeting of the AVP’s and membership each year. This gathering will be held at a major event, so that the membership can ask questions and get answers.

The monthly column in Model Aviation will cover news from the Executive Council meetings, as well as cover events in our district. You can be sure that I will keep you informed about what is going on with your AMA on a national level. However, I will also feature reports from around the district. But not only will you read reports from me, you will also see reports from the AVP’s that are covering our huge district each weekend. I will strive to make the column informative as well as a way to feature events in our area.

As you can see, much work needs to be done! However, I can’t even start without your vote. I want you to be proud that you are an AMA member and that you are from District Five! Please take time to vote for me, and make sure your flying buddies vote as well! The future of District Five can be bright indeed!

Does District V need a cheerleader or a quarterback?

Red S.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:02 PM
William Robison

Nick:

She sounds good, like a politician should, to paraphrase an old cigarette line.

I have never met Judi Dunlap, but I did meet JM a few times. I have met and conversed with Manny Sousa, and I regularly see and talk with Tony Stillman.

Judi Dunlap was Jim M's selected replacement, that alone makes me doubt she's the one I would want as DVP. If it were a contest between her and Manny Sousa Judi would get my vote. but she really is almost totally inexperienced with model airplanes. She is a leader member only because Jim McNeil pushed it through to qualify her as an instant AVP. At that time she had zero experience as an AMA member, going from never having been a member at all to leader member.

We do have a candidate who is well liked, well qualified, and wants the position. That is Tony Stillman.

I do not understand how any thinking DV member can vote for either JD or MS, unless it is in support of a personal friendship.

Bill.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:06 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

ORIGINAL: MikeChilson

And you guys can't understand why more candidates are not active in this forum????
And you want to send a representative to Muncie that can't stand the heat? For too long candidates have been able to insulate themselves from the membership answering questions on a one to one basis to satisfy the asker. These kind of fourms have changed all that. Have you seen any low shots at Dave Mathewson or Tony Stillman? No, because these two have an agenda that people don't have to question and are not timid about letting the membership know what it is.

Red S.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:12 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

ORIGINAL: William Robison

Nick:

She sounds good, like a politician should, to paraphrase an old cigarette line.

I have never met Judi Dunlap, but I did meet JM a few times. I have met and conversed with Manny Sousa, and I regularly see and talk with Tony Stillman.

Judi Dunlap was Jim M's selected replacement, that alone makes me doubt she's the one I would want as DVP. If it were a contest between her and Manny Sousa Judi would get my vote. but she really is almost totally inexperienced with model airplanes. She is a leader member only because Jim McNeil pushed it through to qualify her as an instant AVP. At that time she had zero experience as an AMA member, going from never having been a member at all to leader member. In all fairness, she has held an AMA memberhip off and on, she was not a member (as required) at the time she was made Leader Member/RC Contest Coordinator for Florida, a rather unique position in itself. Red S.
We do have a candidate who is well liked, well qualified, and wants the position. That is Tony Stillman.

I do not understand how any thinking DV member can vote for either JD or MS, unless it is in support of a personal friendship.

Bill.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:14 PM
MikeChilson
My Feedback: (2)

Good points Red, but do you think it benefits anyone to insult any given candidate? I agree that they need to "take the heat" so to speak, but would you be motivated to "chime in" with those kind of responses? I certainly not taking up for Mrs. Dunlap and she certainly doesn't have my vote but some of those comments are very disrespectful and not very adult-like.

Thanks,
Mike

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.