AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.
View Poll Results: A poll
Dave Brown
9.09%
Dave Mathewson
84.09%
Bill Oberdieck
6.82%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Place Your Votes - AMA President

Old 10-01-2004, 11:04 AM
rsallen13
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Place Your Votes - AMA President

Unoffical and informal - I wonder if this vote will mirror the actual voting.

Disclaimer: This is not for real you MUST mail you real ballot that is attached to your renewal. The ballot MUST be sent to the auditors, not to AMA HQ or they will not be counted. You do not need to renew at the time you vote.

edited to add disclaimer
Old 10-08-2004, 03:28 PM
rsallen13
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Place Your Votes - AMA President

Vote Early and Vote Often! Opps that only works here in Chicago.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:45 PM
Mike in DC

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Great poll! We'll finally get to see how closely RCU reflects reality. (My guess, based on past experience, and the current poll results, is not very!)
Old 10-08-2004, 07:33 PM
SoCal GliderGuider

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I give anyone that replace Pope Brown less than a year to become as fill in the blank.
Old 10-09-2004, 05:38 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Mike in DC

Great poll! We'll finally get to see how closely RCU reflects reality. (My guess, based on past experience, and the current poll results, is not very!)
I think is what it will show is just how many modelers that vote really have a clue as to what has been going on in the organization - or give a damn for that matter. RCU subscribers will be better informed of the choices and the issues. Or as DB has stated, "Only the rable rousers participate in internet exchanges. " Are there enough informed modelers this time to make a difference? I guess we will just have to wait and see . . . .
AND VOTE!

Red S.
AMA 951
Leader Member
District V
Old 10-09-2004, 07:07 AM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Mike in DC

A substantial portion of Brown's powerbase supposedly comes from the free-flight and control-line guys, and I doubt that lots of them hang out in an RC forum, so it should probably be expected that Brown will actually score a lot higher in reality than he does here on RCU.

...and if he doesn't, he can always ask his brother to keep recounting the Florida votes until he does win... oops - wrong election.

Gordon
Old 10-09-2004, 09:22 AM
J_R

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The FF and C/L guys have an unusual characteristic for AMA members. A large percentage of them vote.

This year, things are a little different. Several special interests have taken note of the recent actions of the AMA and many know who is responsible for those actions, on both sides of the issues. This election will hinge on how well the word got around from groups like the turbine flyers. Will they get their case out beyond the small group they belong to? Will they vote and try to influence the votes of others? The same can be asked of other small groups.

From what we have seen in past years, polls in a small sampling group, like this one, will not reflect the actual voting patterns.

The key to getting the vote out lies with the folks that opened their renewal and set it aside to be paid in December and do not even realize there is a ballot enclosed. How many people realize, for the first time, the ballot has to be postmarked by November 12 when they looking at it December 1 when writing a check for renewal?
Old 11-04-2004, 12:06 PM
dave jones

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Guys
The AMA election is coming down to the wire and we need to keep the momentum going if you would like to continue your work with UAVs and video enhanced flight then you need to get your vote in for Mr. Dave Mathewson if you have not cast your vote for the office of AMA president then please do it now.
Please pass this on to all of your modeling friends and your club members regardless if they are involved in autonomous or video enhanced flight or not, they make up the vast majority of our membership please ask them to visit Mr.Mathewson web site at www.mathewson4pres.com. and if they do not have a a computer then please ask them to vote for him in this very important election. Ask them to past this on to all of there modeling friends. It's very important that we reach as many members who have not yet exercised their right to vote. It's very important to point out in your email that the ballots need to be postmarked by no later then next Friday, November 12, 2004 and will only count if they're mailed to the address on the front of the ballot no postage required. You do not have to renew your AMA member to vote in this 2004 election. Please get those ballets in the Mail now. One last thing if we have to 4 more years of Dave Brown you could very well see your work with autonomous and video enhanced flight come to a screeching halt, even if you are not flying at an AMA site so please get those ballets in and vote for Dave Mathewson.
Dave Jones