AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Experience speaks!

Old 10-08-2004, 02:49 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Experience speaks!

Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 1:44 PM
Subject: AMA ELECTION

VOTE FOR A NEW DAVE!

This is not to knock the old one. But, just as it was when I left AMA, this is a time for new ideas, a fresh viewpoint, new approaches to old problems, ears eager to hear what the membership is saying. At the same time, our new Dave is an experienced AMA Executive Council member so he is not a babe in he woods regarding who he has to work with and how to get things done, so no time need be lost in a transition from one President to another .

Dave Mathewson, AMA VP from District 2 (New York, New Jersey)-has ably served thousands of AMA members for several years. In addition, he has gained support from many members in other AMA districts who have learned that he is a good listener, with a national outlook rather than a vision limited to serve only those in his own back yard.

For further evidence of why Mathewson is the name to vote for, you have only to read his campaign statement to see that his interest is on behalf of ALL members. If you have access to a computer I suggest you go to Google, type in his name and see what he has to say and what many others think about him.

John Worth, AMA 13, former AMA President (1963) and AMA Executive Director (1964-1991)
Old 10-09-2004, 09:35 PM
Hossfly

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Experience speaks!

Hey Red!

Where did that come from? If John Worth is supporting DM, then I question my judgment, more so than either JR or JB does.

JW and I agreed on only one thing while I was a DVP and that was the getting of all 50 channels offered by the FCC. (You would be very surprised to know all those that fought against accepting 50 freqs.) JW was a formidable opponent especially when he OWNED all the referees.

I have some real items running through my mind about this. There is a catch somewhere. I was informed that DB only run for this term to keep Wes DeCou OFF the ballot. There IS a funny smell here.[:-] I shot my gun in the air -- Is that bullet heading back for my foot???
Old 10-09-2004, 10:27 PM
abel_pranger

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

Hey Red!

Where did that come from? If John Worth is supporting DM, then I question my judgment, more so than either JR or JB does.

JW and I agreed on only one thing while I was a DVP and that was the getting of all 50 channels offered by the FCC. (You would be very surprised to know all those that fought against accepting 50 freqs.) JW was a formidable opponent especially when he OWNED all the referees.

I have some real items running through my mind about this. There is a catch somewhere. I was informed that DB only run for this term to keep Wes DeCou OFF the ballot. There IS a funny smell here.[:-] I shot my gun in the air -- Is that bullet heading back for my foot???
Hey Hoss-

OK, he was wrong then then but he's right now. I mean, get real - it ain't gonna be big news to you that some folks have opposed your position just because it was your position.
DB wants DM to be his successor. I've grown skeptical of anything DB is in favor of, and that might have caused me to ponder the question with more than usual care, but I still come to the same answer - DM is is the right guy.

Abel
Old 10-10-2004, 10:57 PM
Hossfly

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey Hoss-

OK, he was wrong then then but he's right now. I mean, get real - it ain't gonna be big news to you that some folks have opposed your position just because it was your position.
DB wants DM to be his successor. I've grown skeptical of anything DB is in favor of, and that might have caused me to ponder the question with more than usual care, but I still come to the same answer - DM is is the right guy.

Abel
Yep, no argument with any of that.

At least DM has one big thing going for him. A number of people here that usually tear each other down and disagree so vehemently with each other now all seem to support DM as the new AMA President. That has to be something of real significance. [sm=sunsmiley.gif]