Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Don Kraft Speaks?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Don Kraft Speaks?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 06:16 PM
frankp
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Don Kraft Speaks?

I rather doubt that Mr. Kraft, if elected will be around very long. It appears that it is his intention to resign and pick his replacement shortly after the election. He has not attended the last two EC meetings which is no big loss to the AMA since he contributes nothing when he does attend. It saddens me to know that this man might win this election running on a platform promising "more of the same". I guess the membership in District One is content with the loss of our flying fields and dwindling AMA membership.

Frank V. Ponteri
AMA Leader Member
Contest Director
Experimental Aircraft Inspector
IMAA District One Director
Old 11-11-2004, 06:29 PM
scrcc_guy

Heck, Elect me. I know it will be difficult, but I think I'm capable of doing nothing (quite well, thank You) just as well as that other guy!
Old 11-11-2004, 06:33 PM
SSRCCPREZ

A few years before my tenure as President at our club, a member kept putting a picture of Don kraft in the port-o-potty so when you neded to relieve yourself you did it on the picture!!!

At first I thought it was funny, and then thought it might have been a little mean spirited, now I know it is neither. I think it is now just neccessary. Think about it, Don Kraft is a useless piece of human waste and he has put District 1 into the crapper. I think we need to start or continue the tradition of our club and everyone place pictures of Don Kraft in the port-o-john so we may all do to him what he has us.

Anyone want the picture we use?
Old 11-11-2004, 08:09 PM
scrcc_guy

Although I don't really want to speak to the topic of Dons' visage as a suitable laxative, I have to admit the thought process is surely provocative. I have to admit (however), that if the truth be known he has been even less useful that your outhouse shinanigans would indicate.
We have never seen a EC Council report, hardly ever see reports of club activities from other than his "chosen few" and can say that I've never, never seen Don with a camera, camcorder or other recording device.
Again, what do you expect from "Mr Do Nothing"?
Old 11-11-2004, 11:50 PM
BillHarris

> It appears that it is [Kraft's] intention to resign and pick his replacement shortly after the election.

That _might_ be legal, but is it ethical? Clearly, if his intent is to resign and appoint a successor that subverts the election process. He ought not to run under those circumstances. Hopefully the word will get out on this maneuver and he'll be given a permanent vacation.

Think it doesn't matter? See what sort of a quagmire we have in D-5.

Votes due tomorrow, and I'll suppose that we'll all know the "fate of the union" after Thanksgiving.

--Bill Harris

AMA 607983 and proud if it.
District 5 and embarrassed. Let's change that!

Tony Stillman for D-5 VP.
Dave Mathewson for AMA President.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:20 AM
scrcc_guy

As I stated before: "I suspect that there may be another reason. What with the rumored "annointed one" (who has represented Don at several EC meetings of late) and his (anticipated) appointment to the VP position after a "timely" retirement several months away. Some would say no, but it's happened elsewhere, and it's been spoken of in D1 LONG before this election cycle started."

Perhaps, if this sorry sinario plays out, we might think of doing a "Grey Davis" (Former Gov of the Great State of California) on their miserable butts with a special recall election.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:40 AM
Mougly

Yo Pipe,

The horse is dead in case you may have not noticed.

Mougly
Old 11-12-2004, 07:24 AM
SSRCCPREZ

Sadly I do not agree that the horse is dead......Believe me I wish it were.
The idea of a recall election is one that certainly peaks my interest.
If in fact Don Kraft wins and after the new year assigns a successor, Then it will be time to cry foul and put the scews to the AMA.
Unfortunately, I do not think there are enough members who really care enough to help carry the torch.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:20 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: SSRCCPREZ

Sadly I do not agree that the horse is dead......Believe me I wish it were.
The idea of a recall election is one that certainly peaks my interest.
If in fact Don Kraft wins and after the new year assigns a successor, Then it will be time to cry foul and put the scews to the AMA.
Unfortunately, I do not think there are enough members who really care enough to help carry the torch.
It might be a good excersise just to see if it can be done. If the membership ever were to enact a recall it might send a strong message.

Red S,
AMA 951
Leader Member
Old 11-12-2004, 04:36 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys,

P L E A S E don't go there!

That is a path which is littered with nothing but grief, heartache, destroyed friendships, loss of respect, hatred and destruction of our organization. The AMA has enough problems without putting those ahead of the rest of us. In short this is a very destructive idea. Someone started that move in the IMAA when the membership was up to over 12,300. Today the membership numbers are around 9,000.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:22 PM
scrcc_guy

Jim,
I'm somewhat envious that the AMA has been good to you. As indicated by your Leader Member AMA number, I'm quite sure that you've enjoyed many rewarding moments with both your hobby and those that share it with you. And I can repect that, and can only hope that I too may feel that same satisfaction someday.
But the conditions by which you enjoy R/C in the LoneStar State (community support, open acrage, and a near year round flying season) are but things we in the Northeast can only dream of. For dispite horrendous energy costs, unreasonable costs of living, attitudes which scare the %$#^##@ out of just about everyone and with less and less acrage available we still call it home.
We find ourselves in the unenviable position (in southern new England) of having developement taking up the last available open acrage, and locating new flying sites has become harder and harder. It has come to the point that in many locals, once a field is lost there are none to replace it.
All this on Dons' watch, 18 years of doing nothing. Nothing! And if the situation doesn't change, I fear R/C in the northeast will be a thing of the past. Over the last ten years, 5 clubs have disbaned in just Rhode Island alone; all because of flying field losses. The Rhode Island Aeromodellers, one of Don's past "super clubs" has all but given up all activities (including a charities day fundraiser) because of a lack of support.
Please believe me when I say I've often supported most efforts of the AMA, and have been just as vocal when I didn't. All I can say is that this guy has got to go (and I mean not only Don but the sock puppet he's grooming for the position) by whatever legal means we can come up with.
Heck, I'd even support an effort to split D1 into two distinct Districts. D1(a) for the do nothings and D1(b) for those of us in the 21st century. A recall election in D1?, I'd support the effort if that was the only way.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:59 PM
SSRCCPREZ

Here Here!!!
Support it? Hell most clubs would fight to start it. RECALL THE DO NOTHING!!!
Old 11-13-2004, 07:18 AM
The PIPE

Dear SCRCCGuy:

The PIPE here yet AGAIN...and, even though Mr. Branaum HAS cautioned against it, if one MIGHT be needed, I could easily support it...

My RC club, The Wingbusters, WERE glad to get their NEW site on the Halifax/Middleboro, MA, town line back some four years ago...now, I'm not certain IF my club might support a recall effort, WITHOUT my club's membership knowing the facts of what the INACTION of the MIGRAINE named DON KRAFFT has already caused...or will CONTINUE to cause in the future...but IF it's needed, I'll be ready to help...

We STILL need to see how the District I election went...I'm JUST HOPING that ANDY ARGENIO won the office...but IF the unthinkable happens, with "no change", a recall effort MAY be needed...and I'll be waiting to hear what "transpires"...!

Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE!
Old 11-13-2004, 12:38 PM
Bearzilla
My Feedback: (17)

ORIGINAL: The PIPE

Dear SCRCCGuy:

The PIPE here yet AGAIN...and, even though Mr. Branaum HAS cautioned against it, I WOULD GLADLY SUPPORT a RECALL effort...IF it's needed!

My RC club, The Wingbusters, WERE glad to get their NEW site on the Halifax/Middleboro, MA, town line back some four years ago...now, I'm not certain IF my club might support a recall effort, WITHOUT my club's membership knowing the facts of what the INACTION of the MIGRAINE named DON KRAFFT has already caused...or will CONTINUE to cause in the future...but I'm certainly going to work towards that effort for a RECALL, if it's needed...!

We STILL need to see how the District I election went...I'm JUST HOPING that ANDY ARGENIO won the office...but IF the unthinkable happens, with "no change", a recall effort MAY be needed...and you've got MY support on that endeavor, should it be necessary!!!

Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE!

Hey Pipe, how about waiting to see the results of the voting before going off on your typical ranting about recalls? I want Andy Argenio voted in just as much as you do because this district needs a major improvement but your multi-font ranting digressions do nobody any service and make you sound like a NUT!

Lets wait to see the results and hope that things change for the better. Until then why don't you take your meds!

- Paul
Old 11-13-2004, 02:53 PM
scrcc_guy

I was about to congratulate "Mr Pipe" on, what appears to be, a remarkable restraint with his last post. Gone were the majority of animated giffs, colored superfonts and full paragraphs of capital letters. True, some of his posts translated into shouting, ranting diatribes about what befell his club; but he has every right to speak them - as does eveyone else participating in this discussion. Admit it, he's been consistant if nothing else :-)

Yes, this marks the end of the election cycle. There is no more time to vote. Funk & Wagnle is no longer accepting ballots. But this doesn't mean that it has to end here. There is still much that can be done if the inconcievable should occure
Old 11-14-2004, 12:42 AM
Jim Branaum

I can tell that this one needs to be addressed in parts.

ORIGINAL: scrcc_guy

Jim,
I'm somewhat envious that the AMA has been good to you. As indicated by your Leader Member AMA number, I'm quite sure that you've enjoyed many rewarding moments with both your hobby and those that share it with you.
Two fast points for you. My Leader Member status was a reward for my efforts on behalf of my club and it membership by a friend who was VP (and AMA President at another time). There are some who would like to see that taken away today. I stand by my words and actions as a long term club officer, so *I* know the value of my efforts today. The second point is the more important of the two. In this hobby, like every other worthwhile endeavor in life, you get OUT exactly what you PUT IN.

And I can repect that, and can only hope that I too may feel that same satisfaction someday.
But the conditions by which you enjoy R/C in the LoneStar State (community support, open acrage, and a near year round flying season) are but things we in the Northeast can only dream of. For dispite horrendous energy costs, unreasonable costs of living, attitudes which scare the %$#^##@ out of just about everyone and with less and less acrage available we still call it home.
Boy are you ever mislead. Let me clear up a concept for you when discussing flying sites and public attitudes. There is no such thing as a free lunch in New England, or in Texas.

We find ourselves in the unenviable position (in southern new England) of having developement taking up the last available open acrage, and locating new flying sites has become harder and harder. It has come to the point that in many locals, once a field is lost there are none to replace it.
All this on Dons' watch, 18 years of doing nothing. Nothing! And if the situation doesn't change, I fear R/C in the northeast will be a thing of the past. Over the last ten years, 5 clubs have disbaned in just Rhode Island alone; all because of flying field losses. The Rhode Island Aeromodellers, one of Don's past "super clubs" has all but given up all activities (including a charities day fundraiser) because of a lack of support.
I might feel a bit more comfortable with the above stuff if you were able to say exactly what your DVP was supposed to do to provide the motivation the locals should have been doing. By the way, who pays him for providing what in my world is a personal responsibility that begins with getting up in the morning? I think you have the wrong target, wrong issue, and wrong solution if your guy does not win.

Understand that I do not question your judgments because they are right for you, as The Pipe's are for him. I understand his personal vendetta and that see that as HIS personal motivator. However I do strongly disdain the final result of the very bad choices you are espousing and will speak loudly against them.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:01 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Jim??????????

[quote]ORIGINAL: Jim Branaum

I can tell that this one needs to be addressed in parts.

And I can repect that, and can only hope that I too may feel that same satisfaction someday.
Boy are you ever mislead. Let me clear up a concept for you when discussing flying sites and public attitudes. There is no such thing as a free lunch in New England, or in Texas.

Come on now Jim... no free lunch maybe but I know you know lunch is a lot cheaper and bigger here in the great nation of Texas
LOL
Old 11-14-2004, 03:41 PM
scrcc_guy

...And you'll probably never run out of spots to have your "Lunch" (at least into the far forseeable future) :-)
Old 11-14-2004, 04:41 PM
SSRCCPREZ

Although any District V.P. should not and could not be held responsible for the loss of fields or places to fly, a district V.P. could be helpful in helping local clubs retain or acquire fields and guide them through the AMA paperwork for getting grants. Further, a district V.P. could also help local clubs with some of the budgeted district money to help promote the hobby in the district area. The northeast is a little different than other districts as they are different from us. However, Don Kraft has done NOTHING and when asked to do something still does NOTHING.

The only real way for Northeast people to fly ona safe place is to buy it.....but if we own the land then do we really need the AMA? I would like to think yes that we do, but when Don Kraft is your VP then really there is no AMA involvement on the club level, therefore like not having them at all. It is at least something to ponder(not to act on)that a bad VP gives no help even when asked, therefore the clubs are left to themselves when help is needed....Hmmmm..no help, by ourselves, no AMA....

I know this may be a stretch but please understand we have had 18 years of this idiot. Enough is enough!!!
Old 11-14-2004, 09:03 PM
the-plumber

I know this may be a stretch but please understand we have had 18 years of this idiot. Enough is enough!!!
Well, if District V can serve as an example of how much farther you lot have to go, our nincompoop managed to hang onto his DVP slot 'til they buried him.

We thought it couldn't possibly get worse.

It did.

Thanks to Mr. Brown's disenfrachisement of the district membership, we've got an heir apparent appointee who is a bigger idiot than her predecessor.

If Tony doesn't win, and as we all know the incumbent usually carries the day, we'll likely have thirty years of lavendar and lace in District V.

Voter apathy is the sole reason McNeill stayed in office so long, and it is the only reason you lot have your long-time "Leader".

Stirring the electronic pot, as it were, to drum up support for Tony during the last election resulted in a very close loss to McTwit rather than the normal landslide for the incumbent.

This time around Tony was running against a dead man's hand-picked successor and the same 'spoiler' from the last election. Hopefully in a couple of weeks we'll find out if the McNeill era is really dead and gone, or if we're in for even larger doses of sheer nonsense from the leadership of District V.

I would suggest that in the next election, youse guys pound the pavement in addition to stirring the electronic pot.

Only a small fraction of the AMA membership participates in these various online venues; most get all their AMA news from MA and from club meetings, if they bother to attend.

It's the folks who aren't 'connected' that you need to motivate, and without that motivation, voter apathy will see the Don Krafts and Jim McNeills remaining in office as long as they want or as long as they live.

Dave Brown has opined that district voters put their preferred leaders in office, and it is up to the district voters to make changes in that leadership.

$0.02
Old 11-14-2004, 09:41 PM
SSRCCPREZ

Nonetheless, I feel your pain and have pounded the flesh for Andy in D1. I made sure I did not do it as the President of our club, but more as a AMA member in D1. Funny, I think Don kRaft dead would do the same damage as he does alive, only because in either case he does absolutely nothing in any way. If Don Kraft wins this election, I intend on stirring the poo pot a great deal around here. I am already organizing a district wide meetinig of all Executive boards to meet together to send one firm voice back to the AMA. Think that will get their attention? No clubs left in D1 that want in the AMA, then there is no D1 for Don Kraft to ruin.
Battle vs. war I want to win the war.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:53 PM
Jim Branaum

Nonetheless, I feel your pain and have pounded the flesh for Andy in D1. I made sure I did not do it as the President of our club, but more as a AMA member in D1. Funny, I think Don kRaft dead would do the same damage as he does alive, only because in either case he does absolutely nothing in any way. If Don Kraft wins this election, I intend on stirring the poo pot a great deal around here. I am already organizing a district wide meetinig of all Executive boards to meet together to send one firm voice back to the AMA. Think that will get their attention? No clubs left in D1 that want in the AMA, then there is no D1 for Don Kraft to ruin.
Battle vs. war I want to win the war.

That last sentence sure does sound like you mean the AMA had better do it your way or else. Isn't there any other solution, or are you folks absolutly _ell bent on destruction?
Old 11-15-2004, 12:31 AM
SSRCCPREZ

I am hell bent on doing everything and anything to turn things around in D1. I am hell bent on making the AMA take notice of some serious issues. I am hell bent on actually having a district VP work for the district. I am hell bent on making sure that even if Don Kraft is re-elected that he will not be able to fulfill his campaign promise of doing nothing. I am hell bent on doing whatever it takes. Worried about us destroying the AMA? Well they are destroying us!

Hell BEnt? you bet we are.

I am just hopeful that the election results come out quickly. Whatever the outcome it is at least put to bed. MAy the best people win and congratulations to all the incumbants and their worthy advisaries.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:50 PM
The PIPE

And ONE "final" piece of evidence that a desirable outcome to the AMA District I election happened last autumn...

Dear FrankP, SCRCCPrez, and Fellow "District I and elsewhere" RCU'ers:

The PIPE Here once more...and ONE "final" piece of "evidence" (it's an Adobe Acrobat Reader PDF document file) that shows all of us that the 148 vote victory for the new District I VP WAS, indeed, "a desirable outcome" to last fall's contentious AMA District I election, can be found at...

http://www.snhflyingeagles.org/pdf_f...ER-2005-06.pdf

...and especially read that "District Budget Issue" article on page TWO of that document...the "evidence" IS contained in that article, of how DESIRABLE the 148 vote win by our new VP is, for our district "up here" in New England.

Even the AMA hierarchy agreed with our new VP's view that SOMETHING "very strange" was attempted by the previous office holder that our new VP defeated last autumn...and the AMA hierarchy quickly REVERSED a very bad decision by that predecessor.

Just read it for yourself, and judge it for yourself...would you want a District VP representing your AMA geographical district that acted in that particular manner, as the predecessor "up here" had, during last October???

Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE...!
Old 08-19-2005, 10:31 PM
J_R

ORIGINAL: The PIPE

And ONE "final" piece of evidence that a desirable outcome to the AMA District I election happened last autumn...

Dear FrankP, SCRCCPrez, and Fellow "District I and elsewhere" RCU'ers:

The PIPE Here once more...and ONE "final" piece of "evidence" (it's an Adobe Acrobat Reader PDF document file) that shows all of us that the 148 vote victory for the new District I VP WAS, indeed, "a desirable outcome" to last fall's contentious AMA District I election, can be found at...

http://www.snhflyingeagles.org/pdf_f...ER-2005-06.pdf

...and especially read that "District Budget Issue" article on page TWO of that document...the "evidence" IS contained in that article, of how DESIRABLE the 148 vote win by our new VP is, for our district "up here" in New England.

Even the AMA hierarchy agreed with our new VP's view that SOMETHING "very strange" was attempted by the previous office holder that our new VP defeated last autumn...and the AMA hierarchy quickly REVERSED a very bad decision by that predecessor.

Just read it for yourself, and judge it for yourself...would you want a District VP representing your AMA geographical district that acted in that particular manner, as the predecessor "up here" had, during last October???

Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE...!
The following appeared in the April 2005 EC minutes. The July minutes are not yet posted. Is there something more to this that you should be disclosing in the interest of accurate and fair reporting?

"New business

"District Funds/Budget Policy (Appendix VIII)
In the process of reviewing issues concerning carryovers, difficulties in the system were uncovered. The President pointed out that currently VP funds not used within the year may be carried over year-to-year, and it does carry across any reelection or new election line, however a VP may not carry over an amount greater than one year’s current budget. He indicated that within the accounting system we do not actually fund this; and there is the potential since it is not funded, that there is no money behind these accounts. The President is of the opinion that changes need to be made, whether in the accounting system to create a reserve to cover these; a change in the budgeting process that would add these monies into the budget, or discuss whether to have carryovers at all. Another situation came up which asks the question does Council feel the need for a limitation on a VP to transfer district money to other budget line items.
"It is agreed that the carryover is ‘real’ money and should be treated as such within the accounting system; the accounting department will create a mechanism to correct the situation. The President explained that VPs spend their ‘current year’s’ budget first, and their ‘last carryover’ second. It is Council’s understanding that there will be no limit to the number of years carryover allowed.
"The past Executive Council meeting minutes will be researched to determine the most recent Council action on VP budgets and carryovers. The ED will also coordinate the research of past motions pertaining to funding for WC teams and FAI functions (meetings, etc.) funding and bring results to Council. It was also requested that the ED address the issue of making the CD of past EC minutes/motions completely ‘searchable’ by the VPs."

Pipe, we know from the past that Dave Brown does not spend a substantial amount of his Presidential budget... often returning large chunks of it each year to the AMA. He often pays his own way to events instead of billing the AMA, as an example. He, by previous council actions, occasionally makes the funds available for other purposes. A recent action that comes to mind was funding a council desired emergency grant to a club that had substantial damage from a fire and another from a hurricane, when the money was not otherwise available in the budget. These types of authorizations would require searching the previous minutes of the EC in order to find out if such action had been approved for VPs as well as the President. You have some serious research to do as evidenced by the April 2005 minutes in order to substantiate your claims, IMHO.

Anyone wanna wager whether the funds added to the D 1 account came from the President’s account? Just a WAG on my part.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.