AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Don Kraft Speaks?

Old 10-11-2004, 01:57 PM
frankp
My Feedback: (34)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Don Kraft Speaks?

I have just read a post by Red Schoefield pertaining to District One and a charge leveled at Andy Argenio. The person who made the charge did so on another site. He claims that Andy is rude to his wife in public. He states he saw this behavior while at their store. Nothing could be further from the truth. I have know Ann and Andy for almost nine years and I have never seen Andy act disrespectful to his wife of over fourty years. I visit their store almost every weekend, and a lot of barbs are thrown around in jest. We all take a little heat and have a big laugh. If I had to guess, I would guess that the person making the charge is a Don Kraft supporter who can find nothing positative to say about Mr. Kraft.

On this same site, Mr. Kraft posted a message. I did not know he had e-mail since it it is not posted in the AMA directory. Mr. Kraft has promised, if elected, to give us more of the same. That will be a very easy promise to keep since he has done NOTHING for as long as I have lived in District One. When I became District One IMAA Director, I wrote to Mr. Kraft and told him that I was willing to be of assistance to him in any way he might require. NO RESPONSE. When I became IMAA President, I again wrote to Mr. Kraft offering assistance and again NO RESPONSE. I have seen Mr. Kraft at EC meetings and sometimes wondered if he was awake. In almost nine years, I have never spoken to this man or had the pleasure of even meeting him. Yes, I believe we will get more of the same from Mr. Kraft if he is elected.

Mr. Kraft stated in his message that Andy Argenio would not be able to live up to his campaign promises. Let me point out that Andy has already established a D1 web site. I invite you to look at what Andy has done for the IMAA over the past five years as it's Sanction Coordinator.

Frank V. Ponteri
AMA Leader Member
Old 10-11-2004, 03:17 PM
rsallen13
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Don Kraft Speaks?

Can you all image what the AMA will look like in a year or two if Dave M, Andy A. and Tony S. win?

Talk about change! Three incumbents out in one election! I think the EC will begin to realize that the membership is not going to lay down and let them do whatever they please.

Hey Hoss and JR you two seem to be the people who are well versed in AMA History, can you tell us the last time three incumbents we voted out?

If you where around then what was the impact on the AMA as a whole?
Old 10-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Andy repsonds to charges by Silverbush.

----- Original Message -----
To: <AMAdistrict1@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2004 3:26 PM
Subject: [AMAdistrict1] Reply to Herb Silverbush

>
>
> Greetings Herb,
>
> If you were a regular customer to our store or you new us, you would
> realize that part of the charm and fun we have with each other and
> our customers is the sarcasm we fire back and forth. You know, like
> the TV program "Orange County Choppers". We found long ago, that
> more retail customers like the kidding and joking that goes on in
> our store and this has been part of our attraction and why we have
> such a large customer base that travels to our store from all parts
> of the country.
>
> My wife and I have been married for forty years. We work together
> and play together. We have attended flying events all across the
> country together. We don't embarrass each other.
>
> Regarding opinions, my opinions for district 1, because "I don't
> know it all", came from suggestions from many district 1 members.
> These same members have already begun working towards our goals to
> make changes in our district. They set up a campaign website for me
> and together we will transform this site into a district website
> that will provide our members with timely information and a forum
> for ideas and discussion. Please check out our campaign website at
> www.amadistrict1.com before you vote.
>
> My wife and I are sorry that you were made to feel uncomfortable in
> our store. Perhaps, you may want to visit us again, after you talk
> with some of our many customers who have come to enjoy the
> experience.
>
> Regards,
> Andy & Anna Argenio
>
Old 10-11-2004, 08:32 PM
McKoi
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm with mr silverbush on this I have been to Andies hobby shop and the people there have no bed side manner what so ever...if you not in his in crowd your treated like 3rd class at his shop... I hope if andy gets elected that he will treat d1 members better that the customers he does not know who walk into his shop.....
Old 10-11-2004, 10:27 PM
scrcc_guy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

*Obviously neither Mr Silverbush no Mr Mckoi recieved the anticipated kiss from Anna, nor the complimentary cup of coco upon their last visit; but for either to state that the crew at Andys' lack bedside manner is the furthest from the truth at best or terribly mean spirited at worst. I know of no other retail hobby operation which offers customer support, repairs, instruction or a healthy introduction to the hobby as completely as Andy's. The Argenios' have a relationship which I have come to understand that, while appearing "edgy" to the uninitiated, comes from a long perfected appreciation for each other. The barbs and jests fly freely during the day, but at the end of the day everyone goes home together. It's such an enviroment that they have their nephews working there as well. Certainly as much a family business as I'd ever want.
*I had hoped that this campaign would not revolve around personalities, serogates, agents and personal attacks. Call me studid, but I'm not surprised from what camp I'm seeing this from.
*Both these gentlemen should remember that we all have memories of past events and perceptions, and a LOT of time could be wasted hashing that stuff out. I hope we can avoid it.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:43 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: frankp

I have just read a post by Red Schoefield pertaining to District One and a charge leveled at Andy Argenio. The person who made the charge did so on another site. He claims that Andy is rude to his wife in public. He states he saw this behavior while at their store.
Frank V. Ponteri
AMA Leader Member
Who cares???? I could care less about the guys personal relationship. Unless he has broken a promise, like a marriage vow, which would indicate he couldn't be trusted...then who cares???
Old 10-12-2004, 09:29 AM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

McKoi,
Have you stopped beating your wife? A simple yes or no will do.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:16 AM
SoCal GliderGuider

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rsallen13

Can you all image what the AMA will look like in a year or two if Dave M, Andy A. and Tony S. win?

Talk about change! Three incumbents out in one election! I think the EC will begin to realize that the membership is not going to lay down and let them do whatever they please.

Hey Hoss and JR you two seem to be the people who are well versed in AMA History, can you tell us the last time three incumbents we voted out?

If you where around then what was the impact on the AMA as a whole?
The only way to make any dent in the AMA is to have the majority of the membership with hold it's dues for one year.

This is like feeding the pigeons; if you don't want pigeons don't feed them.

Other wise anyone elected will become what is there today in a year as the established bureaucracy works on them.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:49 PM
BigD
My Feedback: (179)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Having known Andy for 10 years or so and being a frequent visitor to his store, I can attest to his humour, honesty and knowledge in the hobby known as R/C. Those of you with no sense of humour may be offended by his entertaining manner but this is exactly the type of personality that we need in the District 1 AMA leadership position. He gets things done, he does it quickly and with a minimum of controversy. It's time to shake things up a bit and he's more than capable for the job at hand.

As for some of the stories written about his store, I have witnessed countless individuals who have shown up there in the past year from the four corners of New England and everyone of them has been greeted with a smile and good cheer based on my observations.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:44 AM
stbrehm

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I am puzzled that anyone would write such a damming account of their treatment in "Brands Hobby" by Andy Argenio. Two years ago I decided to get back into the model airplane hobby. I visited "Brands" because of a favorable recomendation from a friend. After being out of the hobby since I was a young boy, you can imagine the number of questions that I asked. I found Andy to be very personable and courteous as well as being patient with answering all my questions. I could tell right away that Andy was not just a merchant trying to push his wares but also had a deep passion and love for the model airplane hobby. I have gotten to know his wife Anna also over the course of several years. They work closely together and seem to have a good working relationship. I have spent a lot of time in the store since my initial visit and have never witnessed Andy humiliating his wife in front of customers.
Yes, the barbs do fly at "Brands". I have been as much the target of them as anyone else, but it is all in good fun and everyone leaves as friends. After all, why would I drive thirty miles to a hobby shop to be treated rudely as the writer suggests; especially when there are other hobby shops much closer.
However, in the real world, anyone that has been in the retail business knows that there are occasions when the customers are the ones that are rude,demanding,obnoxious and imposible to deal with. I certainly hope that the writers of this scathing attack on Andy's character and reputation, do not fall into this category or have ulterior motives or hidden agendas. I personally witnessed Andys frustration in being characterized in this manner. It wasn't deserved and it isn't fair! The acusation, that the South County RC club has muscled in and taken over a local soaring club, is false also. In this case the writer should have made sure the facts were known before making such a statement.
Lastly, if anyone wants to know the real issues here; of whether Andy would be a good district 1 VP or not , I suggest that they visit his website at www.amadistrict1.com. From talking extensively to Andy, I believe the site sincerely depicts what he wants to do for the district. Most importantly, as a current AMA members, voice your opinion before Nov 12. VOTE!! Do I think Andy would be a good district 1 VP? You bet!
Old 10-13-2004, 11:17 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: stbrehm

I am puzzled that anyone would write such a damming account of their treatment in "Brands Hobby" by Andy Argenio.
This really shouldn't puzzle anyone if they understand how precious holding on to your VP seat can be to a few EC members. Here's a sample of one that would do anthing to hang on - until it was pried from his cold, dead hands. But it didn't end there as one would hope.

From: "Jim McNeill" <ama@hiwaay.net> To: "Don Lowe" <dlowe51141@aol.com>;
"Executive Council" <5-executivecouncil@modelaircraft.org>;
"Joyce Hager" <jhager@modelaircraft.org>;

Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 5:12 AM Subject: your conduct

Don Lowe Everyone has the right to vote for the AMA Vice President in the same District where he lives. You have just stated openly and publicly,
11/25/03 on RC Universe that you are endorsing Tony Stillman for District V Vice President. The District V election isn't until next year and your Pattern Flying Bubby isn't even on the ballot yet.

Currently the Council, myself included, is embroiled in controversial changes for the turbine flyers, while working with the safety committee. You are the Chairman of the AMA Safety Committee and you are a former AMA President and saying so in your endorsement. It is not a normal thing to promote getting rid of a member of your Board of Directors at a time when we are supposed to be working together to provide jet pilots with workable regulations.

Jim McNeill, District V Vice President

And another one.

To: "Tony Stillman" <tony@radiosouthrc.com>; "Don Lowe"
<dlowe51141@aol.com>; "Executive Council"
<5-executivecouncil@modelaircraft.org>; "Joyce Hager"
<jhager@modelaircraft.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 10:35 AM
Subject: Tony Stillman's and Red Scholefield's Campaign conduct.

> Tony, you and your campaign manager Red Scholefield will stop at nothing
> to get your political way. There is nothing the two of you will not
stoop
> to, to bad-mouth me, and present yourself in a glowing light. Your entire
> campaign is predicated on all the things that are wrong with me. Your
> message where "KEITH" asked you to "JUMP IN" and "let you guys know" your
> throwing your hat in the ring... the entire message is predicated on the
> bad things I am doing, the things that are wrong with me.
> a) you hate me; b) I am not in touch with the members (rubbish); c) I've
> been in office too long. (more rubbish) experience is a good teacher.
> If I had any notions of retiring from the Council, you and Red Scholefield
> have turned them around completely. The two of you use terrorist methods
to
> intimidate people and try to frighten them to silence. The best motive I
> have to continue on AMA's Board of Directors is to keep the two of you off
> of it. I've spent 31 yrs helping build it to where it is today and I am
not
> going to be intimided into letting you slide in in my place. From
> everything I've read coming from you, you know almost NOTHING about what a
> VP is supposed to do and how a VP fits into the AMA equation. I strated
> running for office again the day after the totals were announced 2 years
> ago and I have set a goal for 3000 votes. Let's see how close I come next
> year. From reading the stuff you put on RC Universe, you are opposed to
> first-aid kits,you are opposed to "Clubs of the Month", you are opposed
to
> my "Who's Who" records starting up. You are going to let your AVPs do
all
> the hard work, leg work, and you are going to sit home until the Council
> Meetings where you will represent your District V in a glowing stunning
> manner. Well, we'll see.
> You and your buddy Red Scholefield do all the dirsty mean things you can
> think of, I will go clean, and we'll see who wins.
> Jim McNeill,
> District V Vice President

This should give a better picture of what one can expect when challenging an incumbent.

And the present incumbent VP District V was appointed without benefit of any member vote by this man and has supported his legacy. She was rewarded accordingly when he made her an AMA member/Leader Member/RC Contest Coordinator for Florida waiving all qualifications.

S
Old 10-13-2004, 11:25 AM
J_R

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield

This should give a better picture of what one can expect when challenging an incumbent.

And the present incumbent VP District V was appointed without benefit of any member vote by this man and has supported his legacy. She was rewarded accordingly when he made her an AMA member/Leader Member/RC Contest Coordinator for Florida waiving all qualifications.

S
Red

Who made her incumbent? Don't say the EC 'cause that is not true.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:31 AM
Crashem

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Who made her incumbent? Don't say the EC 'cause that is not true
Last political article I read in MA had the word incumbent next to her Name? For some thats all that is neccessary
Old 10-13-2004, 11:33 AM
Crashem

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Double Post
Old 10-13-2004, 11:44 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: J_R

Red

Executive Council Meeting
July 2, 2004
Muncie IN
MOTION I: Moved and seconded that a unanimous decision of the Executive Council approved the appointment of Judi Dunlap as interim District V Vice President.
MOTION passed unanimously.

????????????

Red S.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:11 PM
J_R

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield

ORIGINAL: J_R

Red

Executive Council Meeting
July 2, 2004
Muncie IN
MOTION I: Moved and seconded that a unanimous decision of the Executive Council approved the appointment of Judi Dunlap as interim District V Vice President.
MOTION passed unanimously.

????????????

Red S.
In the Nominating Committee meeting, the general cousel determined the previous 'one on one poll' of the EC members by the AMA president DID NOT rise to the level of being an EC meeting. JD was considered by the NC as a normal candidate, not an incumbent, for placement on the ballot. A few minutes later, in the normal EC meeting, she was named INTERIM VP. The EC did not bestow the title of incumbent in that motion. (Look up the definition of INTERIM.)

She was already a candidate. How can she be named incumbent ex post facto? The real question is WHO bestowed it, if not the EC?
Old 10-13-2004, 12:31 PM
Crashem

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

JR when it comes to AMA rules and regs I respect your opinion...

My question is how come in the Latest issue of MA the word Incumbent appears next to here Article?
Old 10-13-2004, 12:48 PM
J_R

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Crashem

JR when it comes to AMA rules and regs I respect your opinion...

My question is how come in the Latest issue of MA the word Incumbent appears next to here Article?
That, Crashem, is the question. WHO authorized her to use the term? It was not the EC.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:52 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Probably the same folks who wrote the 2004 Safety Code Rule # 9
Old 10-13-2004, 12:52 PM
Crashem

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks JR,

I noticed it and assumed she was entitled due to the fact that she was apppointed the interim DVP.

Has anyone waged a formal complaint with MA or the AMA regarding this?
Old 10-13-2004, 12:58 PM
BasinBum

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm guessing it was an error on the part of the writer/editor of the piece and fortunately it didn't make it onto the ballot where the real advantage of "incumbant" next to your name seems to be.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:03 PM
J_R

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: BasinBum

I'm guessing it was an error on the part of the writer/editor of the piece and fortunately it didn't make it onto the ballot where the real advantage of "incumbant" next to your name seems to be.
Sure, that's it, it was an error. Just like the term appearing on the AMA web site next to her name in the candidate statements, or appearing on the printed candidate statements sent with ballots. Amazing how errors can be repeated over and over. Maybe it is an error that she uses the term on her campaign web site as well. Oh well... just coincidence, I guess.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:18 PM
BasinBum

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

JR,
I doubt even the folks in charge of such things over at the AMA are as knowledgable of the nuances of the the bylaws as you seem to be. Iv'e read your explanation and I'm not even sure what the differance is. Take solace in the fact that most people don't read any of the literature that comes with the ballot and if we're lucky they check off a candidate and mail it in. Most don't vote and most vote for the incumbant because most don't read this or any other forum where issues are discussed. Based on that the DV race is up for grabs and I doubt JD has an advantage because of the mistake (if that is what it is).

Or on the other hand, are you inferring that someone would like another lacky like they had in JM and gave the wink-wink to someone so the literature would say "incumbant"? If that's the case why not just come out and say it? You could call Oliver Stone, Dan Rather and Commisioner Gordon to join your cause.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:17 PM
J_R

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Crashem

Thanks JR,

I noticed it and assumed she was entitled due to the fact that she was apppointed the interim DVP.

Has anyone waged a formal complaint with MA or the AMA regarding this?
Surely you jest? Did you read what Fred Marks said about trying to get something into a soapbox article? There is no way, in the by-laws, for a member(s) to force consideration of anything.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:22 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: BasinBum

JR,
I doubt even the folks in charge of such things over at the AMA are as knowledgable of the nuances of the the bylaws as you seem to be. Iv'e read your explanation and I'm not even sure what the differance is. Take solace in the fact that most people don't read any of the literature that comes with the ballot and if we're lucky they check off a candidate and mail it in. Most don't vote and most vote for the incumbant because most don't read this or any other forum where issues are discussed. Based on that the DV race is up for grabs and I doubt JD has an advantage because of the mistake (if that is what it is).

Or on the other hand, are you inferring that someone would like another lacky like they had in JM and gave the wink-wink to someone so the literature would say "incumbant"? If that's the case why not just come out and say it? You could call Oliver Stone, Dan Rather and Commisioner Gordon to join your cause.

BINGO!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service