Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Andy Argenio's District 1 VP Campaign website is online

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Andy Argenio's District 1 VP Campaign website is online

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 12:21 PM
Bearzilla
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Andy Argenio's District 1 VP Campaign website is online

Andy Argenio's District 1 VP Campaign website is now online at:

[link=http://www.amadistrict1.com]www.amadistrict1.com[/link]

Andy is a great guy who really cares about this hobby. He's got some first-rate ideas on how to get District 1 up-to-date with the rest of the AMA. The long-time current VP, Don Kraft, just has NOT been getting the job done for many years.

Its time to get some energy and focus back into the District 1 leadership.
Old 08-21-2004, 01:34 PM
The PIPE

Default THANK YOU FOR THAT GREAT NEWS...

Dear Bearzilla:

The PIPE here yet AGAIN...and THANK YOU FOR THAT GREAT NEWS!!!!

Just like a CHANGE being needed in our nation's leadership this November, a CHANGE in AMA's District I is SORELY OVERDUE...and from my LONGtime observations (of a good quarter CENTURY) of the current IDIOT who's "in office right now"..."Dumb Don KRAFFT", who is, AND has been known, for arrogantly and IDIOTICALLY treating his fellow aeromodelers up here time and again...and thanks to a TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE display of SENSELESS ANGER sent in my direction while trying to run a four stroke RC model fly-in event eighteen years ago, that had to be cancelled due to a 2-inch-an-HOUR DOWNPOUR of a rainfall (by yelling me at nearly jet engine LOUDNESS for no good reason at all), traumatised me into having a nervous breakdown in the spring of 1986...and caused ME to LEAVE RC AEROMODELING for FIFTEEN long years.

It's just that the current person has just NOT got the necessary amiability that I've ALWAYS felt a person with the position of an AMA District VP HAS to have, in my mind...and ANDY ARGENIO's candidacy sure means that we New England aeromodelers FINALLY have a GOOD chance of not waiting for things to "go the buzzard's way", as aeromodelers ended up doing in one AMA district over the last year's worth of time...for a change to occur RIGHT "UP" HERE!!!

Thanks again for that GREAT news...

Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE!
Old 08-21-2004, 04:07 PM
abel_pranger

Default RE: Andy Argenio's District 1 VP Campaign website is online

ORIGINAL: Bearzilla

Andy Argenio's District 1 VP Campaign website is now online at:

[link=http://www.amadistrict1.com]www.amadistrict1.com[/link]

Andy is a great guy who really cares about this hobby. He's got some first-rate ideas on how to get District 1 up-to-date with the rest of the AMA. The long-time current VP, Don Kraft, just has NOT been getting the job done for many years.

Its time to get some energy and focus back into the District 1 leadership.
BZ-

Well, his URL shows a lot of confidence
I doubt we'll be seeing a campaign web site announcement from the incumbent, and that contrast between him and Andy is in itself telling. I hope Andy will be joining Dave Mathewson and Tony Stillman in the coming makeover of management at AMA.

Abel
Old 08-22-2004, 07:13 PM
rrickp43

I've been in this hobby longer than Mr. Kraft has been the head of district 1 and I can't remember seeing any articles about flying events in Rhode Island published in the AMA magazine. Does Mr. Kraft know that Rhode Island is in district 1 ??????

I think we are way overdue for a change in leadership.....

ANDY...........YOU 'VE GOT MY VOTE
Old 08-24-2004, 09:30 AM
AirBearMA
My Feedback: (1)

I quit RC flying in the early 80's as my interest changed over to flying ultralight airplanes.

I was planning on trying out Park Flyers a couple years ago when I met Andy for the first time. He has a strong interest in this hobby at all levels and he really peaked my interest in getting back into this hobby. He has given me good help, advice and he has been a good friend. I now have a small fleet of planes ranging from foamies to my Yellow P-38 and I owe my new found enjoyment in this Hobby to my association with Andy and other friends in the hobby that he introduced me to.

I think Andy would make a great AMA VP of District 1 and he would help bring a fresh change of excitement and energy back into the sport in our New England area.

Kevin Richards AMA #610342 IMAA #29759 Member of South County RC Club of RI
Old 08-24-2004, 09:19 PM
Knighthawk2100

Andy is a great guy. I have been in his store numerous times and have Been able to sit down and talk to him on many occasions. I have been flying RC for almost two years and it seems to me that district 1 in the eyes of the AMA does not exist. We pay are money for the insurance but it seems thats all were getting. I know he is committed and will work hard to bring district 1 up to current standards. He will definitely work hard for us which is more than were getting now. He has always been around to help anyone and I am sure he will continue to do that as our VP. He will get involved and stay involved and thats what we need.

Matt Cadieux
Cloud Dancers RC Club of MA
Old 08-28-2004, 02:20 AM
Mougly

Default RE: THANK YOU FOR THAT GREAT NEWS...

Yo,

I just wanted to congratulate you The Pipe on yet another fine post!

Yep...another fine post full of name calling, inuendo, insults, personal attacks, and useless information.

Well done.
Old 08-28-2004, 06:49 AM
The PIPE

Default That incident DID really happen...

Dear Mougly:

The PIPE here again...and all that horrible and VERY MUCH undeserved behavior by Mr. Krafft on that long-ago day in 1986 DID really happen...WHY would I want to falsify it in any way?

I'd only be false to myself, IF I was lying about ANY of it...and Andy himself even has noticed that Mr. Krafft is almost universally DISliked up here, while talking to his fellow New England aeromodelers over the past years, right up to the present day.

At least New England aeromodelers NOW have a choice that can make a REAL difference for the BETTER...and after speaking with Andy on the phone very recently, I'm going to help him get the word out a small bit myself...!

Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE!
Old 09-12-2004, 02:42 PM
scrcc_guy

I find it greatly encouraging that 257 subscrivers have viewed this post to date. It shows that there is a definite interest in the District 1 elections coming up. I'm convinced the election of Andy to the post will mean many positive improvements for both the District and the membership that makes it up.
I've known the candidate for some 14 years now. During that time I've come to know Andy as a man who sticks to his priciples and once involved gives 110 percent to the effort. His web site reflects all that make the man. He has a complete agenda and the determination to see them to frutation if given the chance.
He is well positioned to communicate with the district. Many members have already visited Andys hobby shop in North Providence and have found him to be most knowedgable, and more that happy to talk r/c for hours.
I would highly recommend visiting Andy's on line campaign Web Site:

www.amadistrict1.com

P_Adams President emeritus
South County R/C Club
Rhode Island
Old 09-12-2004, 03:08 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

I hope you modelers in District I take advantage of the opportunity to make the AMA all it can be and elect Andy Agenio as your VP. We blew it in District V (by less than 90 votes) and let the good Lord do the job for us, but not before the incumbent bequeathed the job to one of his AVPs. A person that he waived all the requirments for, AMA membership as well as Leader Member, knowing she would never run against him. Now we have a VP that apparanly was oblivious to AMA rules for appointments, etc. running as an incumbent in another 3 way race.

Red Scholefield
AMA 951
District V
Stillman for VP Dist V - Our last chance!
Old 09-23-2004, 12:42 PM
Bearzilla

The AMA ballots should be in your hands soon.

Please take the time to make a positve change in the District 1 leadership. If you are an active modeler in New England, you already probably understand that things NEED to get better.

Vote for Andy Argenio and ensure that things DO get better for New England.

Edit: better phrasing?
Old 09-23-2004, 12:50 PM
J_R

ORIGINAL: Bearzilla

The AMA ballots are in the current issue of Model Aviation magazine. All should be distributed by the end of the month.

Please take the time to make a positve change in the District 1 leadership. If you are an active modeler in New England, you already probably understand that things NEED to get better.

Vote for Andy Argenio and ensure that things DO get better for New England.
The ballots are NOT in Model Aviation Magazine. They will arrive with renewal notices in the mail. The ballots should NOT be sent back to the AMA. They must be sent to the address on the ballot (the AMA auditors). If they are sent to the AMA, they WILL NOT BE COUNTED. 10,000 ballots were disallowed in 2001. Make your vote count... mail it to the correct address.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:13 AM
scrcc_guy

For a discussion group topic (which has not digressed into a slug fest) 358 viewings is encouraging. It proves to me that there are modelers out there who are genuinely concerned about district 1.
It is very important (however) not to underplay the importance of this election to the future of aeromodelling in the Northeast. We can ill afford another go around (and around) again with the present district incumbent.
I urge everyone to make the extra effort to get the word out, get your flying buddy involved and vote for the most important change we can make

Vote for Andy Argenio

P_Adams
Old 10-08-2004, 11:04 PM
AirBearMA

Now that the ballots are out, please take the time to read for yourself what Andy Argenio can do for us here in District 1. Our representation in the AMA has been languishing for years and it is now time for a change for the better.

Read what Andy has to say in his web site and if you have any questions, email him, call him, or if you are within driving distance of his hobby shop in Providence, stop in and chat with him there. He has a strong desire to improve and expand this hobby in New England and to keep us informed of things going on in our district. This election is too important for us to be complacent. Find out what Andy has to say and I'm sure you would agree that he is the logical choice for District 1 VP.

Kevin Richards AMA #610342 IMAA #29759 Member of South County RC Club of RI
Old 10-11-2004, 10:09 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Apparently Mr. Krafft is rallying his support. This just appeared on the [email protected]. It is interesting that Don Krafft who doesn't list his e-mail address either in his D-I report in MA or on the AMA officers directory does subscribe to the D-I list although his name and profile are not there. Unless you happen to know that his e-mail is [email protected] All one needs to know about Mr. Krafft is pretty well spelled out in his campaign statement in November MA. "NO CHANGES ARE CONTEMPLATED".
Anyone know Herb Silverbush?

S

Andy responds to Hank S. See also Frank Ponteri's statements regarding Mr. Krafft on another thread in this forum.

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2004 3:26 PM
Subject: [AMAdistrict1] Reply to Herb Silverbush

>
>
> Greetings Herb,
>
> If you were a regular customer to our store or you new us, you would
> realize that part of the charm and fun we have with each other and
> our customers is the sarcasm we fire back and forth. You know, like
> the TV program "Orange County Choppers". We found long ago, that
> more retail customers like the kidding and joking that goes on in
> our store and this has been part of our attraction and why we have
> such a large customer base that travels to our store from all parts
> of the country.
>
> My wife and I have been married for forty years. We work together
> and play together. We have attended flying events all across the
> country together. We don't embarrass each other.
>
> Regarding opinions, my opinions for district 1, because "I don't
> know it all", came from suggestions from many district 1 members.
> These same members have already begun working towards our goals to
> make changes in our district. They set up a campaign website for me
> and together we will transform this site into a district website
> that will provide our members with timely information and a forum
> for ideas and discussion. Please check out our campaign website at
> www.amadistrict1.com before you vote.
>
> My wife and I are sorry that you were made to feel uncomfortable in
> our store. Perhaps, you may want to visit us again, after you talk
> with some of our many customers who have come to enjoy the
> experience.
>
> Regards,
> Andy & Anna Argenio
>

Sent: Monday, October 11, 2004 10:47 AM
Subject: [AMAdistrict1] RE: [AMA district1] district #1 VP who to vote for ???

> If you want an opinionated, sarcastic I know it all guy then go ahead and vote for Andy. Any man who can embarrass his wife in front of retail customers in his own establishment ain't my type of guy. Just imagine what he would do to you in an open forum....
>
> Herb AMA 58080
Old 10-11-2004, 04:21 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Default RE:Mr. Krafft now wants to communicate

Now suddenly after 20 years as an AMA VP, Mr. Krafft wants to know how to use the District I e-mail forum.... How can District I send someone like this back to Muncie? We need VPs that are current with the technologies needed to make key decisions for the AMA as well as for communicating with their constituency. District I, the rest of the AMA are looking to you to do the right thing - elect a competent VP.

S

Sent: Monday, October 11, 2004 3:24 PM
Subject: Re: [AMAdistrict1] [AMA district1] district #1 VP who to vote for ???

> Hi Jeremy:
>
> I am not familiar with this forum business, is this going to all forum
> members or does it have to be addressed differently? Let me know and I can write
> something,
>
> Don
Old 10-11-2004, 04:42 PM
The PIPE

Default EXACTLY why I voted for Andy!!!!

Dear Red Scholefield:

The PIPE here again...and the INCUMBENT VP up here in District I is EXACTLY the reason I voted for ANDY ARGENIO for AMA District I VP!!!

We are ALL very much WAY OVERDUE for a CHANGE up here in District I...Dave Mathewson already thanked me for my vote for him, for AMA President already, at the thread at http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/We_w...2048022/tm.htm as "Post No. 16"...you're VERY welcome, Dave M...and it WAS the LAST REALLY DECENT AMA District I VP, CLIFF PIPER, whose endorsement of Dave Mathewson WAS the deciding factor for myself, in who to vote for this time around, for AMA President!

My vote went in the mail, TO THE ADDRESS ON THE FRONT OF THE CARD (not to AMA HQ) back over a week ago, only ONE NIGHT after I got it in the mail with my AMA renewal, for Andy Argenio AND Dave Mathewson...I just DON'T want to HAVE to wait for...VERY sadly and regrettably...

..."things to go the BUZZARD's way"...like what DID happen in District V earlier this year...to get a CHANGE up HERE in District I !!!

Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE!

ALSO campaigning EQUALLY HARD to SAVE OLD RHINEBECK...read at http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_19...tm.htm#2243539 !!!
Old 10-11-2004, 11:07 PM
scrcc_guy

Default RE: EXACTLY why I voted for Andy!!!!

*A point well taken Red, since I fell prey to Don's lurking in the D1 discussion group site back in 2002, when several group members had hammered out the preliminaries for the D1 web site. When no progress was reported, and I made several inquiries (via different routes) (and admittedly the last one was rather over the top), I recieved a rather "pointed" direct email response from Donk586@ao....... admonishing me as to my lack of "etiquete" and so much told me to "bugger off". When I finally caught up with those working on the site, I was informed it was waiting for a final "blessing" (which never came I guess) and at that point it died a silent death. So, the topic of the D1 Web site is NOT a new one. It's been stonewalled for quite some time now.
*Donk586@ao..... has been a subsciber to the groups site since 3/2002, and to this day continues to lurk, probably here as well.
*Why else would one maintain an email address yet not publish it or any of the area avps' addresses as well; unless its' to keep track of whats discussed. Obviously doesn't think enough of the "unwashed masses" to trust us with this golden information.
*Let there be no question, he's well versed in the use of email and it's advantages;
Old 10-12-2004, 11:00 AM
BillHarris

a CHANGE in AMA's District I is SORELY OVERDUE...and from my LONGtime observations (of a good quarter CENTURY) of the current IDIOT who's...
Now, Pipe, don't hold it in, tell us what you "really_ think....

I agree, this will be the year for a new AMA. There has been a leadership deficit in the organization for far too long. Andy, Tony and "the other Dave" will make a great team!

--Bill Harris

AMA 607983 and proud of it.
District 5 and embarrassed. Let's change that!

Tony Stillman for D-5 VP
Dave Mathewson for AMA President

"Dave Brown, step down"
Old 10-17-2004, 03:10 PM
rallard

Yes District 1 needs a change and not someone from Don Krafts buddy list we do need new blood and Andy is my choice hope everyone else feels the same way that would like to see District 1 taken into the next century.
Old 10-31-2004, 12:12 PM
AirBearMA

We are getting to the end of time that everyone has available to vote in the AMA elections. Unfortunately the majority of RC'ers are not on the internet so don't know why they should vote for Andy to get some change in our district. I urge everyone who feels strong about improving District 1 to contact non-web savvy club members and let them know how important this vote is this time!
Old 10-31-2004, 12:33 PM
Bearzilla

In the last 2 weeks, we did an impromptu poll of the flyers in several local clubs in the New England area and our figures show that less than 20% of local flyers are bothering to mail in a vote.

Please, if you want to improve the representation New England clubs get, ask everyone you know to turn-in a vote. It's very important that the word gets out to flyers who don't use the internet and might be set in their ways. All of us need to send a message to the District 1 "Good 'ol Boy" club lead by Don Krafft - THANKS FOR NOTHING, IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO GO!

We have a shot at making things better right now. Please tell all the flyers you know to help us make a positive change.

- Paul
Old 11-24-2004, 03:51 PM
BigD
My Feedback: (179)

Word is out. Andy Argenio has won the VP position for District 1 with over 150 vote margin. Congratulations Andy! Now the hard work begins!.....[8D][8D]
Old 11-24-2004, 05:25 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

ORIGINAL: BigD-RCU

Word is out. Andy Argenio has won the VP position for District 1 with over 150 vote margin. Congratulations Andy! Now the hard work begins!.....[8D][8D]
Congratulations! We in District V share your jubilation!
Old 11-24-2004, 08:34 PM
AirBearMA

I just got back from Andy's Hobby Shop where I heard the good news of his victory in the AMA elections. CONGRATULATIONS ANDY... District 1 now has a promising future again.

I am also happy to hear the good news of District 5 where Tony Stillman also won.

This is going to make for a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.