Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Thread "Don Kraft Speaks" removed for review.

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Thread "Don Kraft Speaks" removed for review.

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 05:40 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thread "Don Kraft Speaks" removed for review.

Gentlemen

I am moving the thread titled “RE: Don Kraft Speaks? “ to a temporal location for review. During the review period, the thread would not be available for public view but would become available thereafter.

Thanks in advance for your patience and cooperation.

Regards

Ben
Old 11-22-2004, 06:46 PM
SSRCCPREZ

Default RE: Thread "Don Kraft Speaks" removed for review.

Hi Ben,

I am a relative Noobie in regards to the way the forums work. What is a thread reviewed for? and Who decides or can request a thread to be reviewed? I am asking in more of a general term and less about this specific thread, though this thread has brought these questions to my mind.

Thanks

SSRCCPREZ
Old 11-22-2004, 08:08 PM
smokingcrater

Although I see the need for some moderation/censorship, I don't expect it to happen on a public forum if the subject matter is legal.

I recently posted something similar about what lanier has done by forcing people to now pay to download .pdf manuals. but once something is on the internet, it generally remains available, you just have to know where to look. for instance, the thread that has been 'moved' is easily available off google...

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...peaks%3F&hl=en
Old 11-23-2004, 06:55 PM
frankp
My Feedback: (34)

Ben,

I too am new to this. Why is something removed for review if it does not violate the RCU Policy?

Frank
Old 11-25-2004, 09:34 PM
SSRCCPREZ

Hi Ben,

Thank you for responding to my personal note. I must say, however, that the fact that this thread was temporarily removed for "review" does have me somewhat bewhildered. Are these forums not subject to some first amendment protections and free ideas and thinking?

I was just curiouse if this removal was for someones protection or the protection of the forum's advertisers?
Old 11-26-2004, 12:14 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: SSRCCPREZ

Hi Ben,

Are these forums not subject to some first amendment protections and free ideas and thinking?

No.

This forum is subjected to particular views...always has been and always will be... No matter how construed to the contrary. Only the naive or a fool would believe otherwise… yet there will no doubt be a defense to the truth by someone, somewhere at sometime...past or present.

This forum, as well as the entire site, is a private domain and that should never be forgotten.

You will see only that which is desired by the few at the controls.
Old 11-26-2004, 10:39 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

Gentlemen

The thread was reported to the moderators through the Alert Ticket procedure. In order to procure more detailed information that would enable me to make reasonable decision, I move the thread to holding location and created this thread informing you guys of my action.

I specifically stated in my original post that the thread would be restored after the review. There is no conspiracy here.

Again thanks in advance for your understanding.

Regards

Ben
Old 11-26-2004, 11:49 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: ghost_rider

more detailed information that would enable me to make reasonable decision...I specifically stated in my original post that the thread would be restored after the review...
Hmmm...You say the thread will be restored. WHY the WAIT, since it is a pre-drawn conclusion? Seems A little convoluted to me. If so what happens to this exchange? Does it just disappear?