Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Dave Brown wins re-election

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Dave Brown wins re-election

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 04:41 PM
abel_pranger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dave Brown wins re-election

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

Gooooooooood idea. Only thing I would add is Support Dave Brown for CIAM President!!!!!! Go Dave!!!....................please

Methinks there is a thread here that addresses some possibilities if You should get what you ask for, Abel. You add another one. The big thing is that the Ex. Council replaces the Pres. or the Ex. VP in case of a vacancy. IMO the DB disciples still outnumber the white-hats by several individuals. []

Beware what you ask for -- you might get it!!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Spec...2373458/tm.htm
I hear you, Hoss. Question is, who among the qualified (by the technicalities, not necessarily abilities) would be worse, and what is the likelihood that one of them would prevail?
As I understand it, if DB is out by whatever means other than being voted out, Holland is the immediate successor until the EC acts to select one among themselves.
I'll apply the philosophy of a dear departed friend: "they can kill me or they can give me a million dollars." IOW, he considered the bounds and resolved that he could accept either. Expecting that in reality the outcome would fall between the limits he had resolved to accept, it must follow that whatever the reality, it will be acceptable.
When I look at the limits on the possible outcomes in this instance:
"they can give me a million dollars" limit - Dave Mathewson is AMA President
"they can kill me" limit - Darwin Deadwood is AMA President
If it turns out to be Darwin Deadwood, at least we've got an incumbent in the next election that is not entrenched to anywhere near the degree DB is, and less likelihood of getting voted in just because people recognize his name.
Ergo, I can accept whatever outcome as better than status quo.

Abel
Old 12-01-2004, 09:12 PM
the-plumber

ORIGINAL: mongo

ifn ya really wana impress him, build a tiporare.

I've got a NIB Blue Bird Prettner Calypso.

Think that'd work ?
Old 12-01-2004, 09:45 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

nah, dave was always partial to his own designs.
kinda a forewarning of things to come, i guess
Old 12-02-2004, 12:03 AM
Bob101

What a freaking joke. Someone posted earlier in this thread the DB column in the latest MA magazine.

The one where he mentiones the large gas plane (in ohio I think) that crashed and hit someone.

Yet in the same article he goes on to say that he has no details at all. Doesn't know who it was, who was hit, if they had a failsafe receiver on the plane etc...

It's a lot like his Lipo rant, grabs a headline and goes off on a tangent with zero FACTS on the subject.

How hard would it be for the president of the AMA to pick up the phone and find out PDQ all the facts involved - especially considering there will probably be an insurance claim.

Worthless, all sizzle and no steak.