AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

west of columbus ohio

Old 12-28-2004, 04:01 AM
wetbrain

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default west of columbus ohio

I am looking to see if there are any clubs in western columbus area? Near Hilliard or Galloway? Please let me know.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:25 AM
RCPAUL
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: west of columbus ohio

There was a small club in Hillard a couple of years ago but don't know there name. The TORKS are in Grove City and not far from them is the Columbus Aero Club. You can get more info on the AMA site.

Paul
Old 12-28-2004, 05:44 AM
Bill Lee

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: wetbrain

I am looking to see if there are any clubs in western columbus area? Near Hilliard or Galloway? Please let me know.
Check out the club locator at

http://www.ama-dist-8.org/Clubs/Locator.html

There are a LOT of clubs within 50 miles of Collumbus, OH, and perhaps one that will meet your needs.

Regards,

Bill Lee
Old 12-28-2004, 11:24 PM
wetbrain

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've used all the searches that I can find and yes the closest I can find is Torks (25 minutes from my house). And, I plan on stopping by their field. I was wondering if there was anything closer.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:32 PM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I would give anything to live Just 25 minutes from the the Torks Field. I have attended the Heart of Ohio Jet scramble for 13 years that they sponser, and I have seen their home field. You could not be closer to a nicer bunch of guys. Consider yourself lucky!
Ron
Old 12-30-2004, 12:08 AM
wetbrain

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: G4guy

I would give anything to live Just 25 minutes from the the Torks Field. I have attended the Heart of Ohio Jet scramble for 13 years that they sponser, and I have seen their home field. You could not be closer to a nicer bunch of guys. Consider yourself lucky!
Ron
Since you recomend them so highly I guess I will have to visit sooner than later eh? You think anyone will be around if we get a nice day?
Old 12-31-2004, 05:35 PM
wolfie_47

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

wetbrain,
I belong to the Columbus Aero's their field and the Torks are within just a few minutes of each other. PM me or do a search for columbus aero for their web site.
Old 01-01-2005, 01:22 AM
wetbrain

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

What are the advantages of each that you are aware of? Torks is slightly closer to my house. Why did you choose Aero over Torks? I guess I should say I am a fairly new to R/C airplanes.

Anyone else reading is welcome to chime in to.

Thank you for your input!

Chris Stump

ORIGINAL: wolfie_47

wetbrain,
I belong to the Columbus Aero's their field and the Torks are within just a few minutes of each other. PM me or do a search for columbus aero for their web site.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:23 AM
wolfie_47

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Wetbrain,
When I re-entered the hobby I looked at both clubs, I had started flying with the Columbus Aero modelers in 1980, when the field in Grove city was lost, myself and a handful of other members split off and formed the Torks, so I knew I would want to rejoin one of these clubs. My decision was purely economics, The Aeros have all the facilities I could need and the dues are substantially lower and there are no iniation fees. Please do not misunderstand, The TORKS have a beautiful field and their dues structure is very reasonable for the facilities they offer, they simply offered more than I felt I needed, YMMV.
I would suggest that you visit both clubs, choose the one you believe you will feel the most comfortable with as they both have great people. Your wecome to attend one of our meetings and ask questions, if you would like more details PM me or shoot me an email.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:00 PM
wetbrain

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Today a freind of mine said he was a member of the hilliard RC airplane club. Any input on it?

(again anyone welcome to respond)

ORIGINAL: wolfie_47

Wetbrain,
When I re-entered the hobby I looked at both clubs, I had started flying with the Columbus Aero modelers in 1980, when the field in Grove city was lost, myself and a handful of other members split off and formed the Torks, so I knew I would want to rejoin one of these clubs. My decision was purely economics, The Aeros have all the facilities I could need and the dues are substantially lower and there are no iniation fees. Please do not misunderstand, The TORKS have a beautiful field and their dues structure is very reasonable for the facilities they offer, they simply offered more than I felt I needed, YMMV.
I would suggest that you visit both clubs, choose the one you believe you will feel the most comfortable with as they both have great people. Your wecome to attend one of our meetings and ask questions, if you would like more details PM me or shoot me an email.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:54 AM
IFlyRC5630
My Feedback: (50)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi,
I have been President of TORKS in the past and a member for about 20 years. It is a great organization. We have a site that rivals ANYTHING in the USA including the AMA site.
We welcome new members. Drop down on a nice day and there will probably be someone there.
Also, visit WWW.TORKS.COM.
Bill[