AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Questions for Mr. Ben Lanterman

Old 12-29-2004, 11:22 PM
Hossfly

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Questions for Mr. Ben Lanterman

Mr. Ben lanterman:

Thank you for crowding Mr. JR as the forum's normal spokesperson in defense of the AMA EC and/or DB. That is soooo like funnieeee!

In the thread concerning dues for the Muncie site I asked you a question:
"Are you, Mr. Lanterman, willing to underwrite just 1/2 of a District Facility capable of hosting a total NATs over a 2 month period?
Somehow in spite of all the rhetoric you expound against several other's opinions, you seem to have overlooked that question. I feel certain you could find time for 2 or 3 more letters to simply answer that question. Thank you again.

There is another question in my mind that could be just a bit personal, however it seems to be of some significance in this realm of the makeup of the AMA and/or EC and your chosen version of that makeup. The question is:

Is Ben Lanterman of this forum in any way related to one Mark Lanterman, of Airborne Media, Fairfield Ohio, Advertising Representative for AMA's Model Aviation, being some 14.2 miles and an estimated 24 minutes driving time from DB Products, of Hamilton Ohio?

Again, Thank You for your consideration.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:50 PM
F106A
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Questions for Mr. Ben Lanterman

Ah Ha,
The plot thickens!
Way to go Hoss!
Old 12-30-2004, 01:52 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

Mr. Ben lanterman:
The question is:

Is Ben Lanterman of this forum in any way related to one Mark Lanterman, of Airborne Media, Fairfield Ohio, Advertising Representative for AMA's Model Aviation, being some 14.2 miles and an estimated 24 minutes driving time from DB Products, of Hamilton Ohio?

Dang it! I thought maybe it was Fred H Huber doing his impression of an "AMA Safety Nut". Rats!

BTW for those challenged...humor?
Old 12-30-2004, 05:57 PM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

And with his dying breath, the Joker reached up and pulled the mask off of Batman.

You are kidding, aren't you ?
Old 12-30-2004, 10:15 PM
F106A

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Gee, wonder where Ben is?
He was so vocal before. The silence is deafening.
Jon
Old 12-31-2004, 02:16 PM
Hossfly

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: F106A

Gee, wonder where Ben is?
He was so vocal before. The silence is deafening.
Jon

After all, it is a Holiday season. So let's not be too critical until at least the middle of next week.

However a post or two every several days should keep the topic at/near the top of the list for easy notice.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:43 AM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Mr. Ben lanterman:

SNIP

There is another question in my mind that could be just a bit personal, however it seems to be of some significance in this realm of the makeup of the AMA and/or EC and your chosen version of that makeup. The question is:

You were not supposed to notice that.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:00 AM
N1EDM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Jim Branaum

You were not supposed to notice that.
Why, was he trying to hide that fact? It didn't seem so to me......

Just curious....

Bob
Old 01-02-2005, 11:13 AM
Woody218
My Feedback: (24)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I see Mr. Lanterman is busily posting in other areas, but he has avoided this one like the plague. I wonder why...?
Old 01-02-2005, 01:56 PM
TexasAirBoss

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Many people avoid this forum like the plaque. I wonder why ??
Old 01-02-2005, 07:42 PM
F106A

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Don't know, he USED to post in this forum until Hoss asked his question.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:56 PM
rw Guinn

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: kingwoodbarney

Many people avoid this forum like the plaque. I wonder why ??
I like plaques. Got one for being Past President of a gun club, one for work above and beyond the calls of newsletter editorship, one for shooting better than anyone else that day, and one for first crash of 1998...
Now, plagues, I avoid like communicable diseases...
Old 01-03-2005, 12:41 AM
TexasAirBoss

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

My luck, an editor ! Beyond the call ? Throw yourself on an explosive headline ?
Old 01-03-2005, 03:09 PM
js3

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

My luck, an editor ! Beyond the call ? Throw yourself on an explosive headline ?
Not an editor, just a proof-reader.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:51 PM
TexasAirBoss

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: js3

Not an editor, just a proof-reader.

Then I would have that plaque corrected
Old 01-03-2005, 04:58 PM
Ben Lanterman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Horrace after reading what you wrote I had to make a cup of coffee and cool down some. Here is your answer.

"Mr. Ben lanterman: "

Mr. Ben lanterman - at least get the capital letter right - Horace aren't you getting just a little on the ridiculous side, my friends call me Ben and you can too. Good grief, if you met me at the flying field you would find me a really nice guy and not quite deserving of the "Mr." label.

"Thank you for crowding Mr. JR as the forum's normal spokesperson in defense of the AMA EC and/or DB. That is soooo like funnieeee! "

“soooo like funnieeee!” Horace get a grip, you are too old to use that phraseology. JR is a point of reason that usually is well thought out and you would do well to read and digest what he says.

I am not a spokesperson for the AMA - instead I wander across this forum every week or so (I just now noticed this entry addressed to me, it has been several days since I had the inclination to visit here) just to get an idea of what is happening. If you really want my attention, just email me. I use my real name in my login in and everywhere, unlike a lot of people). For the folks who thought I was avoiding this forum, you are just wrong. I have simply been doing things I consider more interesting. Read my other posts and see if you don’t agree with me.

There is often some good thoughts happening here, when the guys (who are often literate and thoughtful) take the time to really think about it before the write in. But in general this forum isn’t worth much more than a week or so between visits. Actually coming here every day, such as in the safety issue, has a tendency to make me ill.

“In the thread concerning dues for the Muncie site I asked you a question:
quote:
"Are you, Mr. Lanterman, willing to underwrite just 1/2 of a District Facility capable of hosting a total NATs over a 2 month period?
Somehow in spite of all the rhetoric you expound against several other's opinions, you seem to have overlooked that question. I feel certain you could find time for 2 or 3 more letters to simply answer that question. Thank you again. “

Heck NO!! There are very few people who have the money to put where their mouth is and I am (and you are too probably) one of them. Retirement does that to you. Aside from that, there are much better places to spend your money, the local hobby shop being one!

I thought I had answered the question and all of the questions around it with my comment,

“Then perhaps the idea of a national flying site at Muncie wasn't such a bad idea after (should have said “after all” here, not just “after”)?”

That comment, taken together with what I had written before, I thought made my point. It might have just flown over your head, if so I apologize. I’ll make it clear, at least what I had in mind when I wrote what I did.

I proposed an irrational process, that no one would actually want, and you gave me the exact reasons with numbers why it wasn’t a good idea and the reasons were well explained and well put. Then I said the above statement indicating that a national flying site wasn’t such a bad idea after all. Meaning that you just made my point for me. But since you seemed to make my point I didn’t see the need to go through bit by bit and say anything more about it, I apologize for not doing it, I didn’t think you really wanted my comments, just to state what your position was.

“There is another question in my mind that could be just a bit personal, however it seems to be of some significance in this realm of the makeup of the AMA and/or EC and your chosen version of that makeup. The question is:

Is Ben Lanterman of this forum in any way related to one Mark Lanterman, of Airborne Media, Fairfield Ohio, Advertising Representative for AMA's Model Aviation, being some 14.2 miles and an estimated 24 minutes driving time from DB Products, of Hamilton Ohio? “

The real question appears - Have you stopped beating you wife? Thas is the kind of question you just asked …….. “it seems to be of some significance in this realm of the makeup of the AMA and/or EC and your chosen version of that makeup” ……….. that is just plain sad Horace. My chosen version of that makeup – what the heck does that mean? It would be laughable if you weren’t so serious in your question. Who do you think I am and just how much influence do you think I have in the world today that you would use the word “significance”?? Don’t come back and say you were just asking an innocent question, you are on a quest to find out some really great dirt on somebody….. well read on Horace …….

Before I start though, a small prayer is in order - Lord, deliver us from the conspiracy nuts in the world. Amen.

Mark is my nephew, has been for 30+ years - and – so - what?? In spite of my initial feeling toward you on the subject let me tell you a long story. Pay attention.

My bother, James Lanterman, went to work for World Engines in 1964 (we knew a person who knew Jack Port). I went to work as an aero engineer for McDonnell Aircraft in 1965. My brother and I both graduated from Purdue. Over the years Mark was born and eventually went to work for WE also. I don’t remember when Dave Brown went to work there. Keeping track of Dave was not a big issue then as it apparently is now.

Once a year I would drive up to Cincinnati and visit my brother. I would say hello to Dave when we made the yearly visit out to WE, an interesting place to visit if you were a modeler in those days.

Along the way Dave quit and formed his own company and I didn’t see him any more. Sometime later John M. died and the driving force went out of WE. It closed (I forget the year) and my brother went on to other electronics ventures completely out of the airplane business.

Mark loved models and the airplane business and so went to work for Dave. Soon however times changed (as with a lot of us) and he decided that life had more to offer and so did he and he became the ad manager for Model Aviation – I assume he is doing a good job, I don’t pay a lot of attention to it and even if I did I have no idea how to grade or rate him. It is a field that I am totally unqualified to comment on and so I don’t. I don’t tell him how to manage ads and he doesn’t tell me how to design airplanes.

Mark still talks to Dave, they are friends and – it is somewhere, somehow probably a good idea for the ad manager of the AMA magazine to talk to the magazine staff and AMA staff as a part of each trying to do their job well and have them give us their best efforts. Do you know of how else it should be done? Should they not talk? Should he ignore Dave because he is president?

Now to the big conspiracy --- waiting with baited breath?? Let me see if I read between your lines Horace -- Is Ben and Mark and Dave and the EC and who knows who else conspiring to do something totally underhanded and shady and unethical with the AMA and become millionaires as a result? Is Ben the God Father of the AMA? What is his next plan that Horace will uncover just in time to save the members of the AMA?

Did that pretty well express your unwritten question Horace???

In the last 40 years I have never --
talked to anyone in any way at AMA headquarters or any district VP or anyone.
written to anyone in any way at AMA headquarters or any district VP or anyone.
phoned anyone in any way at AMA headquarters or any district VP or anyone.
emailed anyone in any way at AMA headquarters or any district VP or anyone.
cared much about anyone in any way at AMA headquarters or any district VP or anyone.

Nor has anyone in any form representing the AMA over anything ever contacted me, written me, phoned me, emailed me, talked to me or any way you can possibly think of about anything that the AMA is going to do or has done.

I didn’t communicate with the AMA when Mark was just another kid and I don’t now. I do talk with Mark – he is my nephew (do I have your permission, Horace, to speak to him) but I don’t tell him how to run his or the AMA’s business in any way. Why, you ask? He most likely wouldn’t listen but the bottom line is - I just don’t care that much what the AMA does or does not do – it simply doesn’t matter that much to me.

How else can I put it -- they simply don’t care what I think on any subject and the feeling is pretty much mutual. I have never held any office, post, volunteer, etc. (you can fill in the blank) concerning the AMA. Sorry Horace, no hidden agenda, nothing unethical – perhaps in your mind you can see something happening – I feel sorry for you. However my ethics are held at the highest standards and cannot and will not be compromised for anything or anyone.

Oh yes - I did write two articles for Model Aviation, one on the Joe Nall Flyin and one of the Scale Masters contest. I wonder if you read them and how you feel about them? Were they were influenced my apparent defense of the AMA policies? Is there a great wave of support of Dave and his policies toward the AMA stated in them? I like to think I did a darn good job of reporting on the events. Tell me Horace did you care for them at all?

Horace the bottom line is that I don’t care about the AMA policies, but here I see a group of people that, with a few exceptions, are discussing in a pretty illogical manner things that might effect me, not the AMA or Dave Brown but little ole ME, selfish ME. You guys see doom and gloom in anything and everything Dave Brown, the EC and the AMA does and you just don’t stop to realize that there is a middle ground where rational men can meet. - as with most things in life, Dave Brown and the AMA just isn’t that bad.

Horace, I don’t know you, but honestly - do you insist on seeing conspiracy in everything around you or just AMA stuff? If I were you I would be embarrassed for even implying what you did.

Did I leave anything out or is there something in my life not explained in detail enough for your satisfaction? Do I need to take a lie detector test? Do I have your permission to continue expressing my thoughts – they are just mine and I consider them to be pretty darn good on most things. Do I have to put a Wavier on each one saying that they are mine and not the AMA’s?

How about the other responders to this thread, are you satisfied or do I need to explain something more? Perhaps the fact that Mark and I both drive Hondas - Quick Horrace, it's a conspiracy to drive up the Honda prices?

Please excuse the sarcasm, it just flowing out today. I normally am not this way.

Ben
Old 01-03-2005, 07:54 PM
Jim Branaum

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

R O F L O L ! !

Hey Ben,
Why don't you tell us what you really think?

Just so you know, your remarks about the capitalization issue are a wash because HIS name is HORRACE which you seemed to only use one time. Or was that intentional?
?
?
?
Old 01-04-2005, 02:46 AM
Hossfly

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Before I start though, a small prayer is in order - Lord, deliver us from the conspiracy nuts in the world. Amen.
Well, Ben, guess you do respond. Now just who are the conspiracy nuts? Those that believe there may be something OR those that think others are conspirators?
Ben Lanterman: Note to AMA EC regarding Model Aviation:
Of course I probably don't have a clue as to the real motives and secret agendas of the folks involved. But it sure seems like a case of sour grapes
For those that see some connection I suppose we must be conspirator nuts. If you suspect that we have real motives and secret agendas then we are again the conspirators, but who are the conspiracy nuts?

To make a long story short, for me, I am interested in how AMA operates. I have and plan to continue to apply some resistance to those directions that I perceive to be better for the hierarchy than for the membership.

Thank you for answering the questions. You are related to Mr. Mark Lanterman, you go way back with DB, and ML has been an employee for DB in the past. There is a relationship.
"Jim, I should confess up front that I had an article on this years Joe Nall Flyin published in the magazine and am supposed to have one on the Scale Masters. So I am surely biased. No doubt."
BTW you are also to be commended for being able to write articles for Model Aviation, yet you have never in 40 years
Now that is neat. Never communicated with AMA yet you have articles published in the magazine, plus a photo on the cover. You might have a book there if those osmosis talents could be taught. Then you can underwrite the Dist. flying facility.[>:]

My concern with the entire situation is that MA does NOT earn a profit for AMA. All other magazines seem to have in-house advertising while AMA's MA has an outside agent. In addition it appears that AMA is Airborne Media's only client.
The proposed 5% increase in MA rates are not going to help very much for AMA however should allow Mark to upgrade to a real auto -- a Dodge 3500 Super Cab with Cumins Diesel.

For you Ben, a little adjustment to a long-ago written word: "Methinks the MAN doth protest too much."[>:] Thanks again, you told me what I asked and a WHOLE LOT MORE!!!!
Old 01-04-2005, 09:26 AM
Jim Branaum

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

SNIP

Thank you for answering the questions. You are related to Mr. Mark Lanterman, you go way back with DB, and ML has been an employee for DB in the past. There is a relationship.
"Jim, I should confess up front that I had an article on this years Joe Nall Flyin published in the magazine and am supposed to have one on the Scale Masters. So I am surely biased. No doubt."
BTW you are also to be commended for being able to write articles for Model Aviation, yet you have never in 40 years
Now that is neat. Never communicated with AMA yet you have articles published in the magazine, plus a photo on the cover. You might have a book there if those osmosis talents could be taught. Then you can underwrite the Dist. flying facility.[>:]

My concern with the entire situation is that MA does NOT earn a profit for AMA. All other magazines seem to have in-house advertising while AMA's MA has an outside agent. In addition it appears that AMA is Airborne Media's only client.
The proposed 5% increase in MA rates are not going to help very much for AMA however should allow Mark to upgrade to a real auto -- a Dodge 3500 Super Cab with Cumins Diesel.

For you Ben, a little adjustment to a long-ago written word: "Methinks the MAN doth protest too much."[>:] Thanks again, you told me what I asked and a WHOLE LOT MORE!!!!

Haven't we discussed how it costs Model Aviation $1 to sell $1 worth of advertising and appears to be very significantly under the market price for some unexplainable reason? I wonder if we just found why that is.

I suspect a straight answer to the question without all the extra verbiage would have been a much better idea. Now there seem to be tales with the questions of voracity raised each time by the writer being told to protect the silent. I am glad that someone else noticed least I be accused of being a conspiracy nut.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:25 AM
Ben Lanterman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Horrace I have a closer relationship to my neighbor's cocker spaniel who's left overs I have to clean off my lawn than Dave or the EC. You just can't get it. I don't have anything to do with them.

I protest too much?
- when in the course of my life I encounter someone like you - it finally lit the fuse. You practically accuse someone like me (I have always held my self to the highest Christian standards in life) who you absolutely don't know except by what I have written of having a motive and ability to effect the AMA and Dave Brown. Have you ever met Dave Brown? Do you really think anyone could effect him?

If you want to really change the AMA run for President again, get on the EC (again?), etc. -------- Oh, you did, could it be that folks got fed up with your continual turning over every rock to find a conspiracy? Horrace there are reasonable limits to everything. You push and push and poke where the efforts just simply are not needed.

Are you surprised when someone like me is pushed one word too far??

It is possible to completely oppose what the AMA is doing WITHOUT thinking that they are all evil doers scheming to screw the modelling public.

Your approach to life will make you an old tired man that has nothing to do but sit around and gripe because no one wants to play his way.

"Now that is neat. Never communicated with AMA yet you have articles published in the magazine, plus a photo on the cover. You might have a book there if those osmosis talents could be taught. Then you can underwrite the Dist. flying facility. "

Do you find my article and photos to be so poor that only by some devious means could they ever be in the magaizine? Is the cover shot (other than the sun was on the wrong side) not to your standards? I am a very good photographer and writer - In the last two years after recovering from a massive heart attack and also buying some topnotch photography equipment I decided to give back to the modelling community. I think they are very good articles, don't you? Do you not think that Bob Hunt has standards and eithics either? Oh he works for the magazine and the AMA so he must not - is that the implication? Hey, anyone can get in the frame of mind to do the conspiracy stuff - you just have to turn off your logic!!!!!

"My concern with the entire situation is that MA does NOT earn a profit for AMA. All other magazines seem to have in-house advertising while AMA's MA has an outside agent. In addition it appears that AMA is Airborne Media's only client. "

What in the H__l does that have to do with the fact that Mark is my nephew?? What Horrace, What??

"The proposed 5% increase in MA rates are not going to help very much for AMA however should allow Mark to upgrade to a real auto -- a Dodge 3500 Super Cab with Cumins Diesel."

Right, all of the increase is going straight into Mark's pocket - right - don't forget that Dave and I are going to split the leftovers as a result of our conspiracy.

"For you Ben, a little adjustment to a long-ago written word: "Methinks the MAN doth protest too much." be very significantly under the market price for some unexplainable reason? I wonder if we just found why that is."

I am a meek mild person who in life hasn't ran across the likes of you that much - Thank God. Protest too much - Horrace someone should have a long time ago. Apparently you have nothing better to do than take your passion for changing the AMA way past what is rational. When you take it beyound the bounds of what normal men in the process of doing normal things are doing and point a finger at ME ------ what do you expect. I type very rapidly and what you read is what I would be saying to you in person if you were standing there. Neither you nor I talk in one little sentence. What you read is what I would be saying to you in person.

Jim - the implied ideas behind the question demanded the verbage. I needed to get absolutely every concept out in the open and hammered out and my outrage at being silently accused of doing something unethical is far beyond what I have written. That Horrace without knowing me even implies it is something that my character has difficulty envisioning. In all of my writings so far over many different subjects I have tried to present differing views as a means of having a normal debate. To be accused to being a spokeperson for something or having some evil connection is the straw that broke my back. Every man has a fuse about something, Horrace lit mine!

Again I am writing as I would be talking to you - my outrage seems to demand it. Sorry if you had to read too much but I laid every aspect of years of relationships out for all to see and read. I did try to keep the scarcasm down but often failed. But all but the last paragraph or so was just for Horrace and the 10 other people that inhabit this forum.

My urge to visit and engage in some interesting discourse here has been severely blunted. Horrace will like that, there won't be anyone to point out that he is a little radical in his views.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:58 PM
J_R

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Mr. Lanterman,

It is now clear that you were sent to RCU by vote of (well, maybe discussion of… ok, maybe they didn’t know) the EC to represent the views of the AMA. Since you clearly represent Dave Brown, in particular, and have now been found out, it probably would be suitable to slink away, back to the good ‘ol boys. Since we all know that your nephew, Mark, sets his own pay scale and is limited only by his imagination, it would seem appropriate to ban you from this forum, for being related to him. Being able to talk to, or knowing anyone that is actually involved with any aspect of the AMA, it’s management, or staff, or has knowledge of same, is absolutely unacceptable.

The fact that you know Dave Brown and Bob Hunt is also unacceptable. The fact that you can write an article that someone might read and enjoy, then take pictures of the subject that are actually illustrative give you no credibility as a modeler to those of us in this forum. We all know that you were paid enough for those articles to fund your entire retirement.

Don’t you realize that being related to anyone, not just someone at involved with the AMA, but related to ANYONE is a crime and means your posts are “without merit” by definition?

If you are not willing to beg, borrow, or steal enough to cover the cost of ½ of a regional flying site, and donate it to modeling, you are just a cheapskate and not a true modeler, along with being a shill for the EC. You could pay for it out of the pocket change from the money you received for the articles in MA, we all know that.

The attempt on your part to clearly state your position and use a maximum of logic, and a minimum of deductive reasoning makes your comments just that much less credible. Just who the hell do you think you are using such an approach? Where the hell did you come up with the concept of labeling an opinion as an opinion? Don’t you know you must state all opinions as fact?

Most of all, I resent the fact that you posted your opinion in opposition to mine. Everyone knows I represent the AMA… just ask Horrace. How can you come into this forum and challenge the absolute fact that I am always right?

JR
Old 01-04-2005, 01:22 PM
Hossfly

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Ben Lanterman

//SNIP//

Have you ever met Dave Brown? Do you really think anyone could effect him?
Ben I have personally known DB since about '79 and of him before that. I respect his abilities and find him a fine person on a 1-on-1 exchange. DB and I just have 180° difference in where AMA should be going. He is for strictly an insurance business while I want model aviation promoted to a minimum of olympic status and acceptance.

If you want to really change the AMA run for President again, get on the EC (again?), etc. -------- Oh, you did, could it be that folks got fed up with your continual turning over every rock to find a conspiracy?
Yep, Ben, read the signature. If it's not looked for it won't be found. Then sometimes it still isn't. GB never went into Syria to find the WsOMD, so he's taking the heat that they didn't exist. A great number of people don't like my methods. So what?
Most people seem to prefer the safety of the inner box. Not too many 'Bull' Halsys (sp.?) in this society.

Horrace there are reasonable limits to everything. You push and push and poke where the efforts just simply are not needed.
Are you surprised when someone like me is pushed one word too far??
It is possible to completely oppose what the AMA is doing WITHOUT thinking that they are all evil doers scheming to screw the modelling public.
Your approach to life will make you an old tired man that has nothing to do but sit around and gripe because no one wants to play his way.
Thanks for the philosophy and being a judge of that which is reasonable etc. Is that an elected position or appointed or just assumed?

Do you find my article and photos to be so poor that only by some devious means could they ever be in the magaizine? Is the cover shot (other than the sun was on the wrong side) not to your standards? I am a very good photographer and writer
Yes, you certainly are. In addition you are a fairly good politician since you so eloquently sidestep the topic. No problem with the articles. Excellent in every way.
BACK to the TOPIC: How do you do these articles and NEVER COMMUNICATE WITH ANYONE IN AMA SINCE THE PEOPLE RUNNING "MA" ARE AT AMA? Of course Bob Hunt isn't. Seems he is a stay-at-home employee. The Jan. 05 article informed us of how well he does those Honey-Dos. Glad my wife doesn't read the mag.
My comment was directed to your 40 year claim, yet you have articles in MA. You sidestep a very plain point.
BTW, Ben since you do exceptional work, really, no sarcasm here, do you think you could do an article on the AMA Hosted National Model Airplane Championships and sell that article to RCM or MAN?

"My concern with the entire situation is that MA does NOT earn a profit for AMA. All other magazines seem to have in-house advertising while AMA's MA has an outside agent. In addition it appears that AMA is Airborne Media's only client. "

What in the H__l does that have to do with the fact that Mark is my nephew?? What Horrace, What??
When I listen to a person's position on any debated item, I do search for the reason that he/she takes that position. Kind of like someone throwing their military medals away, then maybe it was just a part of them, then maybe it was someone else's medals, and the story does usually change to suit the person's needs. OTOH, sometimes new information can make a difference and a person is perfectly fine to change a position.
Right now I need a very good illumination why AMA should be just an insurance business with far too many restrictions on my flying-facility activity, rather than an organization that is really working for making flying facilities much easier and available to the membership, much more so than as I now see, just a bone to the dog type of action. In addition, I would like to be enlightened as to why the AMA hierarchy never mentions that the individual member's cost of a commercial magazine is about the same as the insurance that is so well taunted as to being why I have to succumb to all those rules! There are more rocks yet to be turned over.

"The proposed 5% increase in MA rates are not going to help very much for AMA however should allow Mark to upgrade to a real auto -- a Dodge 3500 Super Cab with Cumins Diesel."

Right, all of the increase is going straight into Mark's pocket - right - don't forget that Dave and I are going to split the leftovers as a result of our conspiracy.
A 5% increase in rates will up the agent's commission in the vicinity of $10,000 yankee dollars for the year. H_ll of a lot better than is in store for me this year. Still no profits for AMA.

"For you Ben, a little adjustment to a long-ago written word: "Methinks the MAN doth protest too much." be very significantly under the market price for some unexplainable reason? I wonder if we just found why that is."
Ease up on the coffee and rage Ben. You're mixing quotes between two different posters.

I am a meek mild person who in life hasn't ran across the likes of you that much - Thank God. Protest too much - Horrace someone should have a long time ago. Apparently you have nothing better to do than take your passion for changing the AMA way past what is rational. When you take it beyound the bounds of what normal men in the process of doing normal things are doing and point a finger at ME ------ what do you expect. I type very rapidly and what you read is what I would be saying to you in person if you were standing there. Neither you nor I talk in one little sentence. What you read is what I would be saying to you in person.
Ben, I don't type other than the hunt-peck system -- very slow. I won't address the points again. You have clearly made your points. I have the information I wanted and then some.
I too can say the same things face to face. I have not blamed you of anything, just asked questions which you don't seem to like very much.
"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth" however I doubt that includes the mineral rights. [:-]

"Radical", "not rational" , "outside the bounds of normal" Love it, Ben, Thanks. I would hate to be considered to be one of those that seek the security of the inner box.

edited to unscrew the quote format.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:37 PM
Mike in DC

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

J_R: careful! Post #21 might be taken as serious on this forum. For the record, to all readers, I think post #21 was tongue-in-cheek.

Ben: Welcome to the Internet! First rule: Do not feed trolls! You think you are attacking them, but such reactions are what they feed on. On the Internet, there is no shame in not responding to irrational attacks.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:15 PM
Ben Lanterman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

JR -

I stand humbled by the master.

Ben