Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Difference in rule change forms, which is correct?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Difference in rule change forms, which is correct?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 11:29 PM
Patrnflier
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference in rule change forms, which is correct?

I have found that the current rule form posted on the AMA site as #333 PDF rule change is different than the one that was adopted in the the new documents contained in the new contest board procedure's. The difference is the current posted #333 requires only three current open members to sign the proposal and the form in the new contest board procedure's requires two open members and one contest director. I have emailed Steve Kaluf but with the weather causing the power outages in Muncie, and headquarters being closed, I have heard nothing back. Does anyone have any insight as to which for is correct? I hate to just assume ( you know what that stands for) its the new one in the contest board procedure's but if I had a choice I would probably select it.

Thanks,

Marty King
AMA 39945
NSRCA 2551 D-4
Old 01-09-2005, 08:59 AM
J_R

Default RE: Difference in rule change forms, which is correct?

The EC discussed the change, to require two open members and a CD on the request for a rule change, at the Feb 2004 EC meeting. The change was approved at the April Meeting as part of the new Contest Board Procedures. Get a CD to sign. The change was effective 1/1/05.

The new rule book, and changes associated with it, were to be up on the AMA site on about 1/1/05, but weather has slowed the process, just as you guessed.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Patrnflier
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Difference in rule change forms, which is correct?

Thanks JR,

Thats what I figured but I sure do like to have confimation.

Marty