Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA Plans for a Starting Table

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Plans for a Starting Table

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 03:12 PM
JWORTNER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMA Plans for a Starting Table

At our club meeting today they decided they wanted starting tables for those that have a hard time getting up and down to start their planes.

It was said that the AMA published some plans for a starting table. I have been to the AMA site and can't find anything. Anyone have any ideas where we can find these plans?
Old 01-29-2005, 06:35 PM
J_R

Default RE: AMA Plans for a Starting Table

I could be wrong, but I think what you are referring to is an article in Model Aviation magazine. I think it was in the last couple of years. Perhaps someone else remembers the article or when it was published.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:19 PM
Wyohi
My Feedback: (1)

Most of our club members are old & stiff . We use wire spools given to us by electrical wholesale places. We also got the University to let us have the old steel desks which they were going to throw away they work great
Old 01-29-2005, 08:35 PM
iflyj3
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: J_R

I could be wrong, but I think what you are referring to is an article in Model Aviation magazine. I think it was in the last couple of years. Perhaps someone else remembers the article or when it was published.
It was MA and your time frame is about right. Our club built 6 of these and they work great. Some still refuse to use them. I find them to be very effective and easy to use and saves the knees and back.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:29 PM
jpmcclary
My Feedback: (6)

The plans you are looking for are in the August 2002 issue of MA...We have eight left after the last hurricane.. They work great..
Old 01-30-2005, 07:04 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: jpmcclary

The plans you are looking for are in the August 2002 issue of MA...We have eight left after the last hurricane.. They work great..
Just about every club field in our part of Florida is using them, we have 7. Seems the prop injuries have dropped way off since we started using them, plane is secured behind carpeted uprights. If you can't find a copy of MA Aug 2002, let me know and I might be able to dig mine out and scan the plans for you.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:51 AM
GAP-RCU

These stands have sprouted up all around Texas as well. We have six at our field and like them very much. We modified ours slightly to have more shelf space to set stuff on. When you look at the AMA plans, we made board "A" a 2x6 and lengthened it out flush with board "N".

They are heavy (good) which makes them a bit cumbersome to move. We fly at a local park, so kids playing in the adjacent ball fields sometimes mess up our shelter frame & flight board. These stands have been sturdy and heavy enough that the little vandals haven't been able to do much with them. The main drawback is that they attract wasp's nests during the spring and summer.

Gary
Old 01-30-2005, 01:10 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.skyblazersrc.com/fieldtable.pdf

My club is building several next weekend and I will have one at the house.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:11 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Our club has eight of them, and I can't conceive of any better way to start, runup and work on your plane than these things. I went on vacation this past summer, flew at a field that didn't use them (Dave Brown's home field, BTW) and didn't know what the hell to do, felt like an idiot asking the fliers how they started up without the plane leaving them. It was the first field other than my club's field I'd ever flown at; I figured everybody used them.