Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Changeing Times What Next

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Changeing Times What Next

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 04:45 PM
Live Wire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changeing Times What Next

With all the threads on the net about safety Insurance, The AMA and what have you, we can look for a change. You can see all the questions raised to day when you walk out your front door of your home and what is hanging in front of your home. You guest it an RC Plane! Who needs a park or freqency control , no rules, and no BS from club members. Just think you can use any radio that you want any where you want and be just like every one else. A foem board electric plane that can not hurt any one or any thing. I would rather see these thing or what ever at a club field rather than flying all over with no control. It is something that will destroy flying for all .
If something is going to happen lets keep it where you are watching out for what my happen.
Yes I may get one to fly in my back yard[:@] dang power lines , will have some one cut down that @#$% tree.

[8D]
Old 01-16-2005, 11:26 PM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

Default RE: Changeing Times What Next

Well, I think the day when Parkflyers take their place in the hobby is here. They have their market share, and we, (gas clubs) are still standing.

What is yet to be seen; will the parkflyers graduate to gas? Will parkflyers lead our hobby to a boom ?

It doesn't take long to figure out that all of those batteries are expensive. And you know that every rookie goes through a phase when faster is better, and fastest is best. The need for speed and higher performance is a certainty in American culture. And we got it, baby !

No red blooded American male is going to settle for parkflyers. It ain't natural !!!

They tune their cars and hop them up. They hop up their computors. Every watch Nokki Tunnervision. The youth culture is/has been/ always will be about hopping up performance and customizing. Well, isn't that what RC is about ? Build it better, sleeker, faster, lighter, and more maneuverable. We are on the top of the mountain, on holy ground, the peak of performance and sooner or later, they will notice.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:59 AM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Too me, I cannot justify paying $200.00 for a plane made out packing peanuts. Plus, they seem to me as "little toy airplanes".

Now I do get into some of the micro flyers made out of composite materials using hi-end electronics. To me, those are marvels of science, I just don't care for all those little plastic/foam ARF thingies thats taking up pages and pages in the catalogs and sq. footage on the HS shelves.

Give me gas, nitro, speed, and that thrill that I can do major bodily injury to myself and I'm a happy guy.

And no AMA's going to tell me different.

Scott
Old 01-17-2005, 08:05 PM
Live Wire

Wait till you guys see what I saw they are not toy's. I was a Nitri man. To get me back to flying they brought this plane over and flew it in the street, it's a 3D type plane with over a 40" wing, has speed if you want it and you can land it in your drive way. The guy flying it kept it in a 100' area and under 60'! Won't this get interesting. I was told That for $200.00 and a good radio you can fly as long as you want by switching batteries. And if you messed up a plane a new one was only $30.00.

[8D]
Old 01-17-2005, 10:04 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ah, the sounds of a man who has discovered the Shock Flyers! Ain't they fun? Hehehe
Old 01-17-2005, 11:14 PM
Live Wire

The interesting thing is what this type of flying is going to do to clubs and the AMA. It will be great fun for a while then some one will throw a wrench into the gears. It is going to be hard to control who, when and where they are being flown. You won't no where there at until it is to late!
If one of these thing come up behind you it will be a shock alright
[8D]
Old 01-18-2005, 12:08 AM
Jim Branaum

Gosh! And all this time I was SURE my DVP and the AMA were going to protect me from interference by other modelers. I sure do hear SS calling, don't you?
Old 01-18-2005, 10:03 AM
BillHarris

No red blooded American male is going to settle for parkflyers. It ain't natural !!!
Times change. This is an air-to-air of an electric aerobat taken from my SlowStick AP plane as I was coming in from a taking a photo panorama at 1200' AGL. Electric planes have grown.

--Bill

Old 01-18-2005, 10:28 AM
abel_pranger

ORIGINAL: RC Outlaw

The interesting thing is what this type of flying is going to do to clubs and the AMA. It will be great fun for a while then some one will throw a wrench into the gears. It is going to be hard to control who, when and where they are being flown. You won't no where there at until it is to late!
If one of these thing come up behind you it will be a shock alright
[8D]
Yup, yer on to the best thing they've got going for them and why they are so popular. Except with the control freaks, of course.

Abel
Old 01-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Live Wire

Troll!!
This is my thread and I will post this here , In other threads and posts they put the blame on the old men for there problems, If it were not for the old men there would not be a AMA a Club or RC. To get and keep any thing you have to work for it. The ones that complain are the ones that don't want to get involved. And the one that rule are the one that pull the strings and get by with it when every one attached bounces . All people involved are the blame for what is taking place in this hobby we can blame our selves YOUNG and OLD farts for letting it not be changed! A lot of people are like whipped Dogs , put your tail between your legs and run for a better place's and find out nothing has changed. There are people that say get out of the hobby if you don't like what is going on, Sorry they are the ones that should get out or help make a change!

[8D]
Old 01-19-2005, 06:25 PM
Jim Branaum

I find it interesting that you speak of the great numbers of cowards we seem to have created in this nation and see in the hobby. Call a spade a spade and put it in the right words. Offensive? Yes, but more accurate than not. There is some evidence that this problem even has shown up at the EC level in recent years. I understand that may be changing, but I have been unable to verify that assertion.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:36 PM
Live Wire

There is no offence taken as long as we get people thinking and taking action. My God this is a free country here and we want to keep it that way! Looking for a free world!!?? We have got so accustom to being able to do what we want that no one else matters as long as we get our way. How the world has changed, and the people in it !
Old 01-19-2005, 07:56 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is the topic on this thread-I must have a low comprehension level or miss my meds-I have read twice and still do not know what we are talking about?
Old 01-19-2005, 08:54 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We be talk'n about our hobby - am I glad I'm alive during this period of time - just think 100 years ago there wasn't model aviation (well except for some 'cycle boys[sm=lol.gif])

Jerry
Old 01-19-2005, 09:03 PM
Live Wire

We wonder if people read threads or just post for numbers. It take time to under stand the jerk Posting Every one say's whrr he cm fum, I guise mama

[8D]
Old 02-06-2005, 09:33 PM
FlyinTiger
My Feedback: (45)

RC Outlaw, what is your primary language? You type English fairly well if it is your second language. If were talking about changing times and what is next, it looks like AMA will be a more consolidated group of people that are dedicated to the hobby, there will always be those that fly for a short while, don't join AMA, then leave the hobby behind for the next fad.

Times have changed...just look at the type of aircraft that are offered, and bought, from the manufacturers. Kits are rare at the flying field, now it is mostly ARFs, and many trainers come "Ready to Fly." No investment other than a little money. In the age of the microwave and 800 satelite TV channels people in general just don't want to commit to anything. Look at the divorce rate, over 50%.

Yes, times have changed.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:14 PM
Live Wire

Well to tell you my language changes depending on who I and conversing with With some people we have coming to this hobby I wander how long it will last. Most people that come to the hobby now days are looking for some thing for nothing. Want to live in the fast lane and not have to contribute to the cause. To really enjoy the hobby you must no something about what is involved, how they fly what makes them fly, basic construction and a basic knowledge of aviation, and last but not least the cost involved.
And you no there is some rules that must be followed, safety is what you learn before an accident ,and practice after one[:@]
Then my pet of all is the people that think they own the hobby, try to run clubs, and the AMA and all they get done is cause more problems and people ether get run off or Quit[&o] I was a instructor at one time enjoyed teaching R.C. operation ,building and flying that all has changed by changes in the hobby.

[8D]
Old 02-06-2005, 10:22 PM
FlyinTiger
My Feedback: (45)

A little jesting is always appropriate, even in the most serious of forums.

Being an instructor is a thankless job. Once in a while there is a reward. This last summer I got to see a former student of mine solo his first student...that renewed my faith in instructing.

90% of the work will ALWAYS be done by 10% of the people in a volunteer setting. I've accepted that, and am willing to pay that price to enjoy my hobby.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:43 PM
Live Wire

I thought I had a lot of flying time left but times change, I still build for people and I will find a place to fly. Outlaws never stay in one place to long. "unless they get hung"[:-]

[8D]
Old 02-09-2005, 08:13 PM
Live Wire

I have been in this hobby a long time and with the posts and threads being put here how long can we last! It seems that every one has a bad remark to make about RC. Is there not some good in our hobby or is it just a thing of the past. When you can not go to the field and fly with out some one finding fault with some thing. It seems that every one has an enemy but why take sides if you do not know what is trueth or fiction. The hobby is being harmed and a lot of good RCrs for people wanting to get others to know who they are! As an EX flyer I say KISS OFF,
If you do not have proof back off and let the low life enjoy the hobby to,Sh@# happens Find out the true problem before you blow steam
A friend of mine dropped DEAD nat 64 does that make the hobby UNSAFE. iF AND WHEN YOU PROVE THAT YOU CONTROL LIFE LET ME NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2005, 12:10 PM
crownvic

I dont no where in the world you people live that you have so many problems with other people in this hobby. Been doing this for over 18 years and have met some of the nicest people I have every known.have just enjoyed the hell out of it Belong to 3 clubs within 50 miles of home and all of them are full of great people.This park flyer thing is just an other cabbage patch doll,hula hoop,taking elmo thing and will die and some thing else will come along to take its place.

Lonnie
Old 02-10-2005, 12:54 PM
Gremlin Castle
My Feedback: (14)

I would agree that almost everyone in the clubs that I have been involved with has been OK. This is over a span of 50 years, 10 clubs and 3 states.
I fly everything from the heavy iron warbirds to a couple of park flyers. I find the park flyers somewhat like eating artichokes in that while they are interesting they don't offer long term satisfaction.
ORIGINAL: crownvic

I dont no where in the world you people live that you have so many problems with other people in this hobby. Been doing this for over 18 years and have met some of the nicest people I have every known.have just enjoyed the hell out of it Belong to 3 clubs within 50 miles of home and all of them are full of great people.This park flyer thing is just an other cabbage patch doll,hula hoop,taking elmo thing and will die and some thing else will come along to take its place.

Lonnie
Old 02-10-2005, 01:05 PM
Crashem

RC Outlaw.... another soon to be timeless classic I see

Seriously though I've read many of your posts and I got to say with no disrespect that attempting to following any train of thought you may have had or attempting to accertain any point to your posts and I use the word loosely is next to impossible.

I'm not sure if you have some type of learning disability that is causing this or if you do it just for kicks. But I would strongly recommend that you have someone proof read any and all future posts.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Crashem

double post
Old 02-10-2005, 01:56 PM
Taildrager-inactive
My Feedback: (11)

What a useless thread accept for Bill Harris, great photo Bill, thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.