Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Communications of interest

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Communications of interest

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 12:52 PM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Communications of interest

Hello, D8,

Soon the AMA will be doing some major considerations RE:

revision and updating of:

www.modelaircraft.org

if you have any constructive input I would suggest that it be sent to the

[email protected]

Best regards.

Dr.Sandy Frank
[email protected]
2005-02-14
Hello, D8,

Flying Site Development/Improvement Grant Applications Due

A reminder that clubs considering submitting an application for an AMA
Flying Site Development/Improvement Grant have until March 1, 2005 to
submit the required paperwork.
The purpose of this AMA program is to provide up to 10%, with a $5000
maximum allocation, of the total cost of a valid flying site development
and/or improvement project.
More information, or an application with instructions can be found on
the AMA Website.

Best regards.

Dr.Sandy Frank
[email protected]
2005-02-14
Hello, D8,

Announcement: Model Aviation Hall of Fame Nominations

Due by 3/31/05

The deadline for submission of nominations for the 2005 Model Aviation
Hall of Fame selections is March 31, 2005. The HOF, created in 1969,
recognizes those who have made significant contributions to model aviation.

Anyone can submit a name for consideration and applications can be found
on the AMA Website or if you call Michael Smith at AMA at 765-287-1256 x
500 a form will be mailed to you.

Best regards.

Dr.Sandy Frank
[email protected]
2005-02-14
Old 02-14-2005, 03:07 PM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Communications of interest

Here is another:
Hello,

all,

[email protected]

At the OCT AMA EC meeting the following was enacted:

NEW BUSINESS

Create program to assist in getting flying sites for Indoor & Park Flyers

The Academy has produced numerous pamphlet & programs encouraging individuals flyers to contact us.

Dr. Frank feels that AMA needs to develop a program to offer the indoor and park flyer so that they have a reason to join the AMA and is recommending an ad hoc committee be established.

The committee should include those who are currently flying indoor electric and Park Models. Once the committee is in place and organized, they will get in contact with the Education Committee members involved with Parks and Recreation.

The President appointed an Ad hoc committee on Attaining Indoor/Park Flier Flying Sites; the committee is S. Frank, Chairman; Tom Krogle and others....

Relative to implementation of the above project we are now seeking information from modelers throughout the country.

We are in process of doing a needs assessment -- currently the scope and dimension of assistance needed by Indoor modelers and park fliers is being solicited?

Pertaining to your endeavors to seek out and establish both park flying and indoor flying sites we are asking "what problems" you have confronted and the "what assistance you deem necessary".

It is very important that we confront your desires and needs and a do not create a program which fulfills the wrong dimensions and problems therefore >>> your input is solicited!

Please share and a distribute this request far and wide
it is only by seeking your input that we can accurately confront those problems which you might have !!

Best regards.

Dr.Sandy Frank
please respond via e-mail to:
[email protected]
2005-02-14
Old 02-15-2005, 12:00 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Communications of interest

I sure am glad to see Sandy going back to what he used to be. These are important enough issues to have the input request spread far wide, as he is attempting to do. Someone on the D8 list missed the first of the three, so I sent it back there to help and make sure Sandy's good efforts are known to all. Thank you Sandy.

I am astounded with the long term positive impact Doug Holland's efforts are already having in the form of Koranda's approach to our organization. How effective and far sighted! The AMA has had a very serious problem and we all have beat up each other, the EC, and the industry trying to identify, quantify, and solve the problem. As was said elsewhere, the problem is us (the AMA).

No, the problem probably is NOT any individual or group but a corporate culture thing. The AMA clearly needs to change. Koranda recognizes that and has helped point it out to our EC in a manner that makes sense and shows many choices and areas that should be changed. Some of the things needed to help the AMA change is improved communications, which I expect to start happening soon.

Koranda has been with an aviation organization in a shrinking market with its membership was growing. Isn't THAT interesting? We have a growing market. I wonder what can be done about that. I am excited and thank my DVP for making so much of this public, where it NEEDS to be.