Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Koranda shares a vision

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Koranda shares a vision

Old 02-16-2005, 08:10 PM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Koranda shares a vision

http://www.modelaircraft.org/mag/0305/execdirector.htm
Old 02-16-2005, 09:22 PM
CDignition
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Koranda shares a vision

lol..it makes me laugh everytime someone calls this a "Sport". It is playing with toys,lol..
Old 02-16-2005, 09:58 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: CDignition

lol..it makes me laugh everytime someone calls this a "Sport". It is playing with toys,lol..

He also mentions the term hobby, recreation and whatever you wish to call it. I do normally call it "toy airplanes", yet I also consider model aviation a serious SPORT.[sm=pirate.gif]

Those that devote their efforts to competition are as dedicated as any amateur sports person. Regular fun-flying can be as demanding as the local softball games which are considered 'sports'.

To each his own, to me model aviation is a SPORT.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:27 PM
CDignition
My Feedback: (9)

ya know, Poker is now a sport,lol..
Old 02-16-2005, 11:03 PM
Ione2fly

You know it could just be me, but i'm feeling a strange sensation of De Ja Vu. Is there anyway to understand what he's trying to say hear, cuz it sounds to me like he is trying to promote membership involvement, yet somehow it gives the feeling of reaching for that almighty BUCK$$$$!!! It would almost make you believe that it is sincere. Its kind of like reading the law, you need to read between the lines. JMO.

Larry- AMA# ******

R.F.A.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:51 AM
J_R

Ione2fly

Yes, it is going to take money, and a lot of it, to do what many of us would like to see the AMA do: return to it's roots and promote aeromodeling. It is rapidly becoming obvious that the new ED was appointed to run the AMA. The EC is willing to set policy and let the ED run the organization... just as it was intended by the founders of the AMA. Could it be that increasing the membership and generating dollars with more members might mean holding the line on dues, or even decreasing it?

It's pretty clear, in his columns, from his responses to queries from RCU members, from phone calls other have related and from my personal discussions with him that the first order of business is the satisfaction of the existing membership. The AMA is not a SIG. It is the parent organization. The AMA is supposed to represent and serve all of aeromodeling.

Horrace

I hesitate to say this. You are going to like this guy.

Pick up the phone and call him. He almost sounded more like you, than you do, when I had the opportunity to talk to him on the topic of promoting the AMA.

If what I have heard rumored is correct, he made quite an impressive presentation on promoting modeling and the AMA last weekend in Indianapolis at the Strategic Planning Meeting. I have not yet talked to anyone that attended, so I have no details. I understand that DB missed the meeting.

Perhaps you could get the details on that meeting and tell us what happened.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:36 AM
J_R

Well, I got caught repeating rumors. I recieved a note this morning stating that Dave Brown was in attendence in Indianapolis.