Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA & Italy

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA & Italy

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Alessandro 78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMA & Italy

Hi,

no, this isn't a joke.

I'm the secretary of a local flight field located near Aviano Air base in Italy.

recently, a lot of american modeller become member of our club. the problem is that we would a valid insurace to fly. The american guys are member of AMA. Can we accept these modellers without any problem? what happens if occur any damage?

we will want to avoid to have to make to stipulate a new insurance.

Plese help me

Alessandro
Italy
Old 02-13-2005, 04:35 PM
J_R

Default RE: AMA & Italy

I can't answer your question, for lack of knowledge. However, I will suggest a couple of people that may be able to answer your question.

Europe is part of the District II AMA Vice President, Dave Mathewson's district. He has an Associate VP in Europe. I believe his name is Roy Brown and he can be reached through the AMA web page here: http://www.modelaircraft.org/DIIavpl...E89FC9BA65CF6F

You might also address your inquiry to the AMA Director of Special Services, Carl Maroney, whose e-mail address can be accessed here: http://www.modelaircraft.org/maildir...E89FC9BA65CF6F
Old 02-14-2005, 07:28 AM
Alessandro 78

Many thanks for your reply

Alessandro
Italy
Old 02-19-2005, 06:13 PM
Roquewj
My Feedback: (4)

Alessandro,

we had similar problem back in Brazil, when I was Executive Vice President of the Brazilian equivalent to AMA.
I was already an AMA member back them but needed to buy local insurance because AMA does not have coverage outside the U.S.

In fact, just after our inquiry, my AMA license came out with a notice: "Insurance Covered in the USA only". They still use it for any member living outside the US.