AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Videos

Old 02-28-2005, 06:44 PM
hopkimf
My Feedback: (56)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default AMA Videos

Just received a video from AMA today. It was unsolicited, and included a letter telling me I could buy it, or send it back with the prepaid shipping label. I sent it back. Probably a pretty good video, but I don't like having things sent to me that way. Anybody else out there feel the same?

While I'm at it, I believe the AMA is a good organization. I have been a member since I started in RC. Because that was the rule. AMA card or you can't fly here. I'm wondering if there are groups of members out there that have opted out of AMA, and found insurance coverage on their own. If they did, was it accepted at the clubs and flying fields? I'm not trying to start anything, but it seems AMA has a lock on the insurance coverage, and I wonder if that's best. In full scale, there are a number of insurance companies (less all the time, though). Car insurance, home insurance...lots of choices. Comments welcome. I have no axe to grind. I'm an individual, not affiliated with any organization.

Thanks fo reading.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:43 PM
J_R

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: AMA Videos

Hi hopkimf

First, you missed an opportunity on the DVD. There was a third choice given you in the letter from Dave Brown. You could have kept it as a gift.

The more interesting part of your questions is about insurance. Although the personal insurance is undoubtedly important to you, that is not it's major value. Most AMA members do not realize that clubs pay a maximum of $80 a year for club insurance. That club insurance also supplies the landlord with a $2.5 million liability policy as well. Without the coverage for the landlord, and the club is is unlikely there would be as many places to fly. I am sure you realize that $80 is not the full cost of the policy. Each and every AMA adult member subsidizes the policies for the clubs.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:01 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: AMA Videos

ORIGINAL: J_R

Each and every AMA adult member subsidizes the policies for the clubs.
Yes, they do, and each and every adult member also subsidizes a whole lot of other things at the same time, like the muncie site et al. its a good thing we are all such giving RCers eh!