Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

What should I do with my AMA DVD?

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

What should I do with my AMA DVD?

Old 03-01-2005, 12:29 PM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I do with my AMA DVD?

Sent: Monday, February 28, 2005 11:11 PM
To: Jean and Debbie Rondot
Subject: COST ZERO $

Hello, Jean,

LOTS of AMA members HAVE NOT SEEN the DVD or even been offered it... FREE !!!

only 50k went out...

some feel left out... !!

please send any EXTRAS to our lending library when it is reopened...

( http://www.ama-dist-8.org/VideoLendi...ry/vidlib.html )

PS this DVD cost AMA ZERO $

neither will any future ones...

and they can be used for the promotion of MODELING for

ZERO outlay....

Best regards.
Dr.Sandy Frank
[email protected]
2005-03-01
Old 03-01-2005, 03:25 PM
Ione2fly

Default RE: What should I do with my AMA DVD?

J_R,

If you slice it into 1/4" inch wide strips, 2" - 3" inches in length, could it be used with wood filler to make structural repairs??[sm=confused.gif]
Old 03-01-2005, 03:32 PM
J_R

The title of the post was a rhetorical question. The post itself offers an alternative to those looking for one that actually might promote this hobby. Perhaps giving it to a hobby shop that has an in-house DVD player, or offering to show it at a club meeting for those that may never see it otherwise might serve a useful purpose.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:43 PM
Ione2fly

ORIGINAL: J_R

The title of the post was a rhetorical question. The post itself offers an alternative to those looking for one that actually might promote this hobby. Perhaps giving it to a hobby shop that has an in-house DVD player, or offering to show it at a club meeting for those that may never see it otherwise might serve a useful purpose.
Actually J_R, I have a couple of issues with the powers that be and was kidding in the post!! Sorry.

As an X- Safety Officer though, I feel your above suggestions for using it at club functions or as a promotional in a hobby shop are excellent ideas. I have been trying to keep a positive attitude and as you know enjoy spreading a little R/C humor!! What about a portable DVD player so you can directly show it to those who have not seen it and are in your presence at the time?
Old 03-01-2005, 10:32 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise![X(]

I received one of the DVDs. It was well covered over 30% of the surface with multiple finger prints.

I tried it anyway. It hung up at the helicopter start. I then cleaned it as I would one of my movies. I replaced it into the DVD (on the TV) fast forwarded it to the heli section and again it hung up.

I was impressed with Schwyn's delivery, and thought the item to be very good. I think there was too much of the same machine flying back and forth when different machines could have been shown, but overall it was entertaining.
It was far too drawn out for use in either a show to local council people reference flying sites or for club meeting programs. Would be OK for running at Mall-Shows and Fly-Ins.
There were several technical errors for the rather trained eye and ear, however for public awareness they were minuscule.

Mine is on its way back with the note that if it had not been defective I would have given them the $9 free gratis.

Perhaps they should better check the returns prior to sending them out again.

One big question: Since an AMA paid employee is the narrator in this presentation, and an AMA facility is used for at least one portion, how is it computed just how much AMA should receive in payment or for their share? Is this performance on AMA's $$ pay schedule or on the "Ultimate Aeronautics" pay schedule? [:-]
Old 03-02-2005, 09:39 AM
Stripes
My Feedback: (19)

Mine was also recieved damaged. It was loose in the box and showed several marks on the working surface. It doesn't run at all and can not be browsed other than seeing two subdirectories.

I won't pay for it and to cut their losses they won't get it back.

I second the call for them to examine the disks before remailing.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:48 PM
Ione2fly

If you have received a damaged DVD from the home boys in Muncie, please refer to Post #2 of this thread for a possible use suggestion!!
Old 03-02-2005, 02:49 PM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you watch the jet section........there was a "cool" looking red jet that taxied in the background........why wasn't that shown!