Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Charter club?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Charter club?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 11:24 AM
Bjorn
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charter club?

Here's our situation; We have been a Charter club for many years. I can forsee that this year, our membership may be down to three! According to AMA rules, you MUST have 5 members to be a Charter club. Our membership has never been large, but neither is our population, so it's always a struggle to keep members.
We have a great field,money in the bank, and 3 (count em) 3 members!
I am, in addition to being Sec/Tres. the owner of the field. I have always counted on the AMA to provide insurance for me as land owner. I am not so sure that I am willing to provide a field without insurance.
We are always looking for new members, and are willing to instruct. The first year dues are free!

Bjorn
Old 03-03-2005, 11:34 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Charter club?

Sign me up.
While I may not fly at the field very often, at those prices, I would love to help.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:37 AM
rw Guinn

There are more than 3 people in ND?

Seriously, this could be a problem, I can see. You may have to resort to "Long Distance Members" with Proxie votes...
Old 03-03-2005, 11:42 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: Bjorn

Here's our situation; We have been a Charter club for many years. I can forsee that this year, our membership may be down to three! According to AMA rules, you MUST have 5 members to be a Charter club. Our membership has never been large, but neither is our population, so it's always a struggle to keep members.
I am, in addition to being Sec/Tres. the owner of the field. I have always counted on the AMA to provide insurance for me as land owner. I am not so sure that I am willing to provide a field without insurance.
We are always looking for new members, and are willing to instruct. The first year dues are free!

Bjorn
Should be no problem, just sign up a few of your kids, grand kids, neighborhood kids at $1 each and you will have met the five member requirement for $2.

Old 03-03-2005, 12:04 PM
J_R

Red's exactly on target. Three of the 5 necessary need to be over 19. http://www.modelaircraft.org/PDF-files/2005clubkit.pdf
Old 03-03-2005, 12:45 PM
smokingcrater

Need some help with that? we have quite a few ama members here in GF that would be willing to be distant members... (grafton is only 40 miles or so away anyway...)
Old 03-03-2005, 04:30 PM
khodges

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Bjorn
I'll bet frequency control is a real pain there
Old 03-04-2005, 09:03 AM
Bjorn

Thanks guys!
I now see that we can make the Charter work.

smokingcrater: We would be more than happy to have all of you from GF as members, or just to come up and fly. Our field is one mile north of Minto on hwy 81. You are only 30 miles away.
khodges: My freq. control is much better since I cut back on the beer.

Bjorn
Old 03-04-2005, 02:18 PM
smokingcrater

Thanks guys!
I now see that we can make the Charter work.

smokingcrater: We would be more than happy to have all of you from GF as members, or just to come up and fly. Our field is one mile north

Bjorn
I've driven by it a couple of times, a couple from our group used to drive up there every so often a couple years ago, I don't think anyone has been there for quite a while...