Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA card says Senior instead of Junior

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA card says Senior instead of Junior

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 10:20 PM
âûñøåå îäíî

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMA card says Senior instead of Junior

I renued my AMA membership, but my card says Senior instead of Junior. I want to fiz this problem before I start flying again. I have asked my club members what to do, but they didn'y know. What should I do to fix this, and if something were to happen, would this flaw on my card void my coverage?
Old 03-19-2005, 10:51 PM
b.bixel
My Feedback: (123)

Default RE: AMA card says Senior instead of Junior

How about contacting the AMA and getting the correct info straight from the horses mouth? Their web site is at http://www.modelaircraft.org/.

Regards,
Bart
Old 03-19-2005, 11:32 PM
rw Guinn

ORIGINAL: ������ ����

I renued my AMA membership, but my card says Senior instead of Junior. I want to fiz this problem before I start flying again. I have asked my club members what to do, but they didn'y know. What should I do to fix this, and if something were to happen, would this flaw on my card void my coverage?
Junior--under age 15
Senior--ages 15-19
Open-- over 19.

That all there are.
Is it possible that you had a birthday last year?
Senior does not mean old (unless you're only 12, when everything looks old)
Old 03-20-2005, 01:40 AM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Dear â»±?ä*®,
What the heck kind of name is â»±?ä*® anyways?
I wouldn't fly until you get this whole thing cleared up in writing from Dave Brown himself because it might effect your social security benefits when you really are a senior like Horace and JR and I don't mean in high school either.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:54 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: rw Guinn

ORIGINAL: ������ ����

Junior--under age 15
Senior--ages 15-19
Open-- over 19.

That all there are.
Is it possible that you had a birthday last year?
Senior does not mean old (unless you're only 12, when everything looks old)
OR that you will be over 15 but not yet 19 by July 01, 2005. July 01 is the date for age classifications.
The AMA Junior/Senior/ is, for dues purposes, a 'youth' membership. For competition the Junior / Senior classification applies. There was a time when there was a difference in the dues, but that is now ancient history.

So if you're now 14 but will be 15 by 07/01 then your card will say Senior.

No need to equate that "Senior" to us old guys that get the discounts at Denny's.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:31 PM
scrcc_guy

Anyway, Firing off a letter to the AMA for written confirmation from DB could well make you a spot on the official "shunned" list..... at which times all bets would be off as to your status ;-)

P
Old 03-20-2005, 03:24 PM
abel_pranger

ORIGINAL: â»±?ä*®

If insurance coverage is the issue, no problem. The only way it would matter is if you compete, and want to do so against other guys under 15. BTW, if you're about 15 and concerned about insurance coverage, you are unusually responsible. I know plenty of guys two and three times your age that could care less. Congrats to your parents for doing a good job.

Abel
Old 03-24-2005, 07:33 AM
b.bixel
My Feedback: (123)

Hey â»±?ä*®,
What did the AMA tell you? Inquiring minds want to know.

Regards,
Bart
Old 03-24-2005, 08:43 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: scrcc_guy

Anyway, Firing off a letter to the AMA for written confirmation from DB could well make you a spot on the official "shunned" list..... at which times all bets would be off as to your status ;-)

P
Name one instance where AMA membership was revoked from a member, or denied to an individual for petty reasons.

I am well aware of people QUITTING the AMA for petty reasons, or because they felt they were being singled out and poo-pooed on. That's their perogative, and their misplaced paranoia. I am 100% confident that had they remained members, nothing bad would have happened.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:55 AM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Hey Matt,
Which part of ;-) didn't you get?