Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

There but for the grace of....

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

There but for the grace of....

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 06:23 PM
fliers1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default There but for the grace of....

Is AMA not too far behind? http://mbz.portage.net/cgi-bin/yabb/...1687360;start=

CCR
Old 03-28-2005, 06:45 PM
adstott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: There but for the grace of....

It seems that the AMA is pretty strong. The presidents speech in the last magazine made it seem that the organization was pretty strong despite slightly lowering membership numbers.

I'll give my two cents about the AMA. I'm 26 years old and the youngest member in my club by at least 20 years. When I was in the Navy and a member of a club in Connecticut, again, I was the youngest member. I don't know if it's always been this way but it seems like these clubs with aging members will be in jeopardy when (god forbid) these members start dying. I'm not trying to sound morbid but if we don't start getting younger members in these clubs they may not last. I hope I'm wrong and it's just that most guys don't start flying until they retire, but a strong active program to recruit new young pilots will build a strong foundation for many years. Just my thoughts and concerns.

Andy Stott
Old 03-28-2005, 08:52 PM
Live Wire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: There but for the grace of....

When people learn that these organizations do not run the hobby but set guide lines to follow and have no control over it if you fly or not . You can fly with out their support but you must except the resposibilties of what you do with out their support.
Edit spelling