AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Is this YOUR CLUB?

Old 03-30-2005, 09:57 AM
Hossfly

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Is this YOUR CLUB?

Have you checked with YOUR CLUB? Or do you prefer[sm=sleeping.gif]?

Might check it out and save your flying site. Once the landowner gets it in his mind that those in charge are not acting responsibly, he may well start listening to those "soccer moms" that never get enough facilities "...for the children."

Plagiarized from the AMA Web site this AM. (It was there yesterday)

Club Charter Renewals are Due Now

Did you know your club insurance runs out at midnight on March 31?
As of March 28, we have mailed 1,517 club charters for 2005, which was mail received before March 21, 2005. A second batch of club charters—received between March 21 and March 25—will be in the mail on March 29.

That leaves roughly 900 clubs to go. If you haven't received your renewal kit (which was mailed to the club contact person) please contact loisp@modelaircraft.org.
Do you know who your club contact person is? Check it out.

edit: use the quote block for emphasis.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:08 PM
Wyohi
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Is this YOUR CLUB?

We had a good contact person & all was well till the AMA decided that the pres. had to be the contact person. This is something like sending mail to a blackhole all goes in[] nothing comes out. The sec. should be the contact person as he does all the paper work & if he don't get the renewal kit then it is a mess. I have tried several times to change our contact person including this year but they ingnore me.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:52 PM
Hossfly

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Wyohi:

That is strange as the Secretary IS the contact person for Jetero RC Club, Inc. Charter #1218.

If you are the Secretary, I believe a letter from the President along with your acceptance is in order.

If you are the President, then the job and title acceptance letter along with your letter so relinquishing the position would be required.

If you are NEITHER of the named two officers, then you may advise the officers how to secure the change, however it is THEIR responsibility to do the procedure.

In addition, regardless of the popular vote, the ONLY way to obtain any recognition from bureaucrats is by U.S. Certified Mail, Restricted Delivery to Addressee Only, with Return Receipt. Costs a few $$ more however if one wants something done, one should do it correctly.
Address the letter specifically to Don Koranda, Executive Director, Academy of Model Aeronautics, XXXX ect.
In your letter request his attention to assuring that the letter is answered by the appropriate department. Works for me.
With a couple exceptions the quickest way to have a non-popular letter to AMA get lost is to send it regular mail (unless it contains a check ) or email it.

I think you can take it from here.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:15 AM
dant-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Same Here. I was Club Secretary when AMA changed to the President being the contact person. Not sure how other clubs are organized but in our club the President can only serve 1 year. Elected as Vice-President, moves to President then to a 1 year seat as a Director. Secretaries and Treasuers tend to keep the position for a while.

All I did was put my name in the "Club Contact Person" space on the Charter Renewal form and it worked for us. Currently our Treasurer is the Club Contact Person. No problem for us either and we didn't have to write any letter.

Dan
Old 03-31-2005, 10:29 AM
J_R

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

An update:

About 50 more charters were sent by the AMA on the 29th. About 200 more renewal requests have arrived in the mail to be processed. Like memberships, it appears clubs wait until the last second to mail the renewal requests.

Typically, about 100 clubs will not renew. The number of clubs has stabalized since the turn of the centruy at between 2500 and 2600. Each year we lose some and they are replaced by new clubs as the year goes on.

The message in the AMA post is clear and was certainly worth posting here. Check and make sure YOUR club has submitted it's renewal request.