Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

IMAA Election

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

IMAA Election

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 07:38 PM
frankp
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IMAA Election

Today while on the telephone talking to my good friend and District One AMA VP, Andy Argenio, he mentioned that he had receive two e-mails. The first was from Tom Hayden and thee second was from Corky Heitman. These two gentleman announced that they would not be seeking another term as IMAA President and Vice President. Andy asked why I was not copied on the e-mails since all of the other Directors were copied. I told him that he could draw his own conclusion.

I have known Tom Hayden for over 15 years. He and I were both elected to the board at the same time. Over the years, we have agreed on almost nothing. One thing I will say about Tom is that I never felt that he did not have the best interest of the IMAA at heart in all that he did or attempted to do. His service was long, and for that I thank him. I am truly sorry that he chose to snub me this final time.

Frank V. Ponteri
IMAA District One Director
AMA District One AVP
Old 03-30-2005, 07:42 PM
the-plumber

Default RE: IMAA Election

Good.

_now_ can we get an officially sanctioned IMAA discussion list going for members only ?

Old 03-31-2005, 08:00 AM
sealh4
My Feedback: (19)

Fred
Since you feel this way I hope you are going to run for office. It is time for all the RCU guys to step up. There are going to be plenty of openings. I am sorry you feel I kept the chat room off the IMAA site but it was more than just me. I am looking forward to seeing your nomination form for either District 5, Vice President or Vice President.
Tom Hayden
Old 03-31-2005, 09:18 AM
frankp

I have come to find out that Tom did not mean to leave me of his mailing list. It was done by accident. I am sorry for any inconvience my post may have caused him.

I would also like t say that Tom cannot be blaimed for the IMAA not having a web chat room. He does not vote.

I will have more to say on the chat room issue shortly.

Frank Ponteri
Old 03-31-2005, 01:55 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: frankp

I have come to find out that Tom did not mean to leave me of his mailing list. It was done by accident. I am sorry for any inconvience my post may have caused him.

So communication via e-mail between the IMAA President and his Board of Directors is so infrequent that he did not have a group send set up?

I would also like t say that Tom cannot be blaimed for the IMAA not having a web chat room. He does not vote. except to resolve a tie vote of the Board.

This issue came up when he DID vote. While he does not vote now as President, except as noted above, he certainly is in the position to LEAD the group.

Frank Ponteri
Comments in red

Like Terry Shivio, can the IMAA recover if a feeding tube is reinserted this late?
Old 03-31-2005, 05:59 PM
the-plumber

ORIGINAL: sealh4

Fred
Since you feel this way I hope you are going to run for office. It is time for all the RCU guys to step up. There are going to be plenty of openings. I am sorry you feel I kept the chat room off the IMAA site but it was more than just me. I am looking forward to seeing your nomination form for either District 5, Vice President or Vice President.
Tom Hayden
Sorry, my plate is full at the moment.

Unlike the current District V Director, I personally feel that one cannot serve two masters, as it were, and I only just received the appointment to AMA District V Associate Vice President.

When I said "good", I was actually referring to Heitman stepping down. The Rowe FIASCO is more than sufficient to indicate to me that his conduct in the Rowe "resignation letter" is highly suspect - I dont' trust Heitman any farther than I can throw my house.

I recall suggesting that you should look into that matter, and to date I've seen absolutely nothing from IMAA, officially or otherwise, to put that sorry affair to rest.

In my opinion you should step down now because you couldn't lead a starving man to McDonalds.

As with the defunct IMAA mailing list, communications within IMAA, and particularly between the membership and the extant Board Of Directors, is virtually non-existent. I fault the BOD for that, and you chair BOD meetings.

Goodbye.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:00 PM
the-plumber

Thanks, Frank.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:02 PM
BRUTUS122
My Feedback: (14)

Is this related to the incident involving Casey Rowes resignation?
Old 03-31-2005, 06:03 PM
the-plumber

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield
Like Terry Shivio, can the IMAA recover if a feeding tube is reinserted this late?
Yes, but only if the tube is inserted in the other end and it's loaded with warm water and Ex-Lax.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:22 PM
J_R

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/IMAA...2828773/tm.htm

(not directed at Fred, he just happened to have the last post)
Old 03-31-2005, 10:59 PM
Galloping Ghost
My Feedback: (12)

Red and Fred,

Your references to Terri Schiavo are in very poor taste and totally out of line. Why you would make those references in regards to model airplanes is completely beyond me.

Either you are completely out of touch with reality or you are taking this hobby way too seriously.

Scott DeTray

Old 04-01-2005, 08:53 AM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would also like t say that Tom cannot be blaimed for the IMAA not having a web chat room. He does not vote.

Frank Ponteri
Frank,
Does this mean that IMAA members can ask questions without being thrown out of the organization?

Old 04-01-2005, 09:00 AM
Jim Branaum

Tom,

In my opinion, you really should not let short squat bald folks drive you off.

I am surprised that after our conversation at Toledo in 02 that you have been unable to make the IMAA negative growth turn around. We discussed some of the more obvious reasons for that and I was sure you intended to push for those changes.

I don't think Fred was being personal and I know you took it wrong. I am also sure that the IMAA cannot grow by being an elitist organization and the lack of a formal discussion group only seals that tomb because the BoD has their collective minds made up and cannot be confused with facts. Been that way ever since the last IMAA president 'suggested' dues be raised.

Instead of getting mad, get even. Nominate someone.

Jim Branaum
IMAA 15990

Now THAT should start something!
Old 04-01-2005, 09:07 PM
the-plumber

ORIGINAL: Galloping Ghost
Your references to Terri Schiavo are in very poor taste and totally out of line. Why you would make those references in regards to model airplanes is completely beyond me.

Either you are completely out of touch with reality or you are taking this hobby way too seriously.
Somewhere in a Florida hospice is a rutabaga that used to be Terri Schiavo. Terri Schiavo is gone, chum, and the body Terri Schiavo used to live in is incapable of sustaining it's own existence.

IMAA is the Terri Schiavo of model aviation.

Methinks it is thee who has lost touch with reality.
Old 04-02-2005, 08:25 PM
frankp

I find this conversation to be in extremely poor taste. I thought we were supposed to be roll models for young folks entering the hobby. If I had a young child and was thinking of introducing he or she to this hobby and read some of the posts on this site, I can assure you I would be looking for another hobby to enjoy with my child.

Frank V. Ponteri
Old 04-02-2005, 08:52 PM
the-plumber

When my child, now the father of four, was young I had him with me in the pits at sports car races and on the flight lines at flying sites, not stuck in front of a computer monitor.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Jim Branaum

I find this conversation to be in extremely poor taste. I thought we were supposed to be roll models for young folks entering the hobby. If I had a young child and was thinking of introducing he or she to this hobby and read some of the posts on this site, I can assure you I would be looking for another hobby to enjoy with my child.

Frank V. Ponteri
Frank,
While I happen to think better examples could have been used, I think you went way too far again. I am always offended when someone thinks he can gives instructions in what we must do and think.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:54 PM
Galloping Ghost

Fred,

There is little point in responding to your idiotic comments, but I will anyhow. They speak volumes about yourself.

Simply the fact that you insist to compare human life issues to model airplane organizational problems tells me that you are completely lacking in compassion and common sense.

This is a hobby. It is not life and death. Quit pretending that you or the hobby are any more important than that.

"Cheers"

Scott

Old 04-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Redwings

Fred you are quick to type before thinking.
Get a life!!!!
Old 04-03-2005, 11:34 AM
the-plumber

Scott :

There is little point in responding to your idiotic comments, but I will anyhow. They speak volumes about yourself, which is that you get so worked over the manner and style of a message that you miss the message.

I would suggest that you block posts from all the respondents herein whom you find to be offensive.

That way you can spend far less time playing aesthetic policeman and can get on with whatever it is that you do when you're not being offended by plain language.

Good day.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:39 AM
the-plumber

ORIGINAL: Redwings

Fred you are quick to type before thinking.
Get a life!!!!
Unlike you, I don't hide behind nom de plumes and sling personal insults.

Grow up.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:41 PM
Galloping Ghost

Fred,

I'm glad you thought enough of my reply to copy half of it in your response!

Actually, I'm going to take your advice. I'm going to kiss my wife, hug my daughter, fly an airplane, and thank the lord that my life does not revolve around this forum as your's seems to.

I'm very sorry if I've offended anyone that posts here.

Scott
Old 04-03-2005, 10:47 PM
the-plumber

ORIGINAL: Galloping Ghost
Actually, I'm going to take your advice. I'm going to kiss my wife, hug my daughter, fly an airplane, and thank the lord that my life does not revolve around this forum as your's seems to.
Yesterday I met with the Cherokee County Radio Control Flying Club in Canton GA, discussing options they have with respect to acquiring a new flying site given the imminent loss of their present site to development of a golf course.

Today I spent 9 hours at my 'home' flying site installing two roll-up doors on the clubhouse, along with a dozen or so of the other 'regulars' who contribute time and effort keeping the site up to snuff.

Spending about 30 minutes a day in online model aviation forums isn't what I'd call a life.

You may think it is, but you'd be wrong.

Again.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:19 PM
Ione2fly

The first was from Tom Hayden and thee second was from Corky Heitman. These two gentleman announced that they would not be seeking another term as IMAA President and Vice President.

Frank V. Ponteri
IMAA District One Director
AMA District One AVP

Our ship of state, which recent storms have threatened to destroy, has come safely to harbor at last. A kind of Cadmean victory.