Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA helpful to modelers???

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA helpful to modelers???

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2002, 09:03 PM
souslin-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMA helpful to modelers???

Here's another example of the worthlessness of the AMA. The Torry Pines field in California was closed to RC in August of this year because in the words of the AMA "misinformation" between the lessee and the city of San Diego. All the help the AMA proports to offer modelers in exchange for their dues, now $58 per, boils down to their plea for US to send scathing letters to the city of San Diego!! They (the AMA) say they want the voice of the modeler to Be heard. What happened to the promise a couple of years ago that they would fight to help us keep our fields. This looks like a good, win-able fight here.
Why not send a couple of the lawyers the AMA has on retainers to Calif. to clear up this "misinformation"? Oh, but that would mean the AMA would actually have to do something on their own, on behalf of the membership who pays $58 a year, wouldn't it? Silly me.
Old 10-20-2002, 01:44 AM
Dave Bowles
My Feedback: (7)

Default Worthless AMA

Torrey Pines Update
After review of several issues relative to RC flight operations at Torrey Pines Gliderport, Royal Insurance Company has reinstated liability coverage for the City of San Diego. We are pleased with the outcome and want to thank the negotiation team and the many AMA members who supported the Torrey Pines Campaign in the letter writing effort, to convince local officials to reopen the site. AMA and its members look optimistically for continued improvements in the Torrey Pines flight operations.

Dave Brown
AMA President
October 4, 2002
Old 10-21-2002, 03:23 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Who said what?

Which "Dave" said what in the last post?

Jerry
Old 10-21-2002, 03:47 AM
Dave Bowles
My Feedback: (7)

Default AMA

Dave Brown said it , cut and paste from the AMA web site. The only thing I wrote was the subject
Old 10-21-2002, 04:02 AM
Bill Vargas
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Torrey Pines & AMA

Torrey Pines is now open to all. There are new rules in affect and you have to demonstrate your FLYING abilities in order for you to be able to fly there along with the hang and para gligers.

Once you have successfully demonstrated your Flying abilities, you are issued a RC Glider Permit and you can fly to your hearts content,,, or as long as your batteries permit

BE SURE to check in with FLT OPS before you go over to the cliffs to fly,,, NO Permit-NO AMA,,, NO Fly

Thanks AMA for the Help in Restoring this AWSOME West Coastline RC Glider Flying Site

This Thread is now Officially Closed.

BV