Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Texas Club Tax Revisited

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Texas Club Tax Revisited

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 02:43 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Texas Club Tax Revisited

Jetero RC Club, Inc. Officers recently reviewed, along with Texas Corporate Franchise Tax People, the question of the Insurance Franchise Tax that was recently discussed herein.

The tax is to assist in safeguarding those organizations that have obtained insurance outside the state and those insurance companies fail to sustain any claim.

The Club's membership is not in the question. The Republic waived all previous year's taxes, interest and penalties concerning the insurance purchased to cover the mortgage holder's Trust account (relate to site-owner). Such insurance being purchased from an out-of-state entity not licensed to do insurance business in TX. However the Club did pay an amount of $2.91 for the $60 premium paid for the policy purchased during this 2005 tax year.

Therefore may I suggest that any TX Incorporated Club will most likely NOT go insolvent if it does decide to get its books in order.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:26 AM
Super D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Texas Club Tax Revisited

Just curious if the club is a non-profit organization, why, would or did the club get incorporated.
I would think a non profit club would have little liability unless they owned some real estate.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:53 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Super D

Just curious if the club is a non-profit organization, why, would or did the club get incorporated.
I would think a non profit club would have little liability unless they owned some real estate.
The SUBJECT tax applies to all TX corporations.

Clubs get incorporated for reasons that THEY choose. In the real world, the corporation is a separate entity. Incorporation removes the personal liability of the corporate officers and members, however the corporation can be penetrated when the courts so deem. Example:Enron!!
Jetero RC Inc. is IRC 501 (c) (7) established by a CPA and Insurance Broker, currently a member, and an attorney, then a member, but now deceased due to an accident. In addition, Jetero does own real estate and the facilities thereon.
All that has absolutely nothing to do with the thread subject, however I do hope your curiosity and understanding have been enhanced.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:57 PM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

A corporation, either for profit or non-profit is a legal person. Members of the corporation are only liable up to the extent of the assets of the corporation. If the club is sued for actions of the members the only cost is the limit of its assets.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:19 PM
Super D

Thankyou for the info and yes sorry I got off the subject.
Old 04-30-2005, 09:26 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And the corporatiion will and can be penetrated to a personal level by any TV guide lawyer