Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Questions about AMA VP residences

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Questions about AMA VP residences

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 05:05 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Questions about AMA VP residences

The following is the latest in the saga about getting a copy of my club's newsletter to the District VIII AMA VP. Read it and consider your AMA leadership.

************************************************** ************************************************** *******************************
Gentlemen,

Complete copies of this communication are being made pubic, as the correct mailing address for Dr. H. Sanford Frank must be to be in accordance with AMA by-laws. I do not enjoy being threatened again in this cowardly manner by an AMA official. If you gentlemen feel that is proper, the AMA has a problem.

The reported address Dr. H. Sanford Frank uses and that I have discussed resulted in a returned mail, a picture of which is attached. Whatever story he uses to justify his rumored residence and employment in Muncie, Indiana is meaningless if he were to be interested in discussions about AMA business from AMA Leader Members within his district.

He is not responsive to attempts at normal conversation and has refused to speak to me in the presence of witnesses even when I invested my time, effort, and money going to a his called District Meeting. Mr. Koranda, you may assume that this is official notification of an AMA VP's refusal to speak to a club officer about AMA business while visiting his district. There were other club officers from other clubs who witnessed the incident in Georgetown, Texas.

Again I restate the original request. Please publish a truthful and valid mailing address rather than one that results in postal refusal. Failure to do so is an admission that Dr. H. Sanford Frank does not have the best interests of the AMA or its membership in mind, rather his own ego.

Jim Branaum
AMA 1428

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 12:14 PM
To: Don Koranda; James G. Branaum
Cc: 'Crash Siegel'; Dave Brown; Sandy Frank
Subject: Re: Re: [D8-L] What it really IS ALL ABOUT !!!
Importance: High

Hello, All,

I have JUST been called a LIAR
by: Jim Branaum AMA 1428

1. My official AMA address has not changed in the past 25 years
and still is Texas.

2.My IRS domicil also has not changed in 25 years.
(and is Texas)

3. I am registered voter in Texas.

4 My drivers license is from Texas.

5. My Homestead tax exemption if Texas..

I could continue with another 25 instances of my Texas residence.. but I will not do so...

I own 3 homes two of which are in TEXAS...

My legal residence is Texas...

If Jim Branaum
AMA 1428

persists in calling me a LIAR in the face of these facts..

I will MOST assuredly turn this over to MY PERSONAL Lawyer
(who is in Texas.) for CIVIL ACTION!

and I will seek formal charges towards the revocation of his

AMA Leader Membership..

======= At 2005-05-20, 11:55:00 you wrote: =======

>Dear Mr. Branaum,
>
>It is out understanding that Dr. Frank retains his physical address as
>indicated in the email and that he is a legal resident of Texas. This
>is the same address we have for him in our membership records. We have
>not been informed of any change of legal address although we are aware
>that he spends time in Muncie during the NATS.
>
>We are not aware of any complaints from his district regarding
>contacting him. Dr. Frank is one of our more active VP's with respect
>to communicating via email. If you have any information to the
>contrary, please let us know.
>
>I should note that per the AMA standing rules, the only requirement
>with respect to an address is that a candidate for office must be a
>legal resident of the district. Interestingly enough, the rule is
>silent on where the incumbent must retain their residency in order to
>continue as the VP.
>
>I hope this information is helpful.
>
>Don Koranda
>Executive Director
>
>
>------------
>On 5/20/05 9:14 AM, "James G. Branaum" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Gentlemen,
>> Below is an e-mail that Dr. H. Sanford Frank has sent out with what
>> he is claiming to be his address. Since the forum where he is
>> telling this falsehood is controlled by Bill Lee and Doug Powell, no
>> corrections to that information will be accepted.
>>
>> The president of my club wrote the District VIII AMA VP an email
>> confirming a phone message that claims the official address is the
>> same as AMA Headquarters. Last time I talked to Bernard, he had not
>> seen a reply.
>>
>> Since we have definitive proof that address being given out in public
>> is invalid, I request that the general AMA public be officially
>> notified of his real address rather than allow this lie to continue.
>> There are many who claim he now lives in Muncie, but that is not the
>> issue. His refusal to speak AMA members he disdains but is supposed
>> to represent stinks and seems less than an AMA official is supposed
>> to be.
>>
>> Please take immediate effective action to open the lines of
>> communication with the AMA and District VIII. Let us build rather
>> than destroy as this person has begun doing to our organization.
>>
>> Jim Branaum
>> AMA 1428
>>
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Dr.Sandy Frank [mailto:[email protected]]
>> Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 6:56 AM
>> To: AMA D-8 Modeling List
>> Subject: [D8-L] What it really IS ALL ABOUT !!!
>>
>>
>> Hello, ALL,
>>
>> RCCA (an AMA SIG) Supports the TROOPS in IRAQ.
>>
>> Please review this story... by: Ed Kettler
>> of the North Dallas RC Club.
>>
>> it will remind all what it really IS ALL ABOUT !!!
>>
>> see at:
>>
>> http://web2.airmail.net/sfrank69/IRAQ/may05.pdf
>>
>> Best regards.
>>
>> District VIII Vice President
>> Sandy Frank
>> 105 N. Brazos St.
>> Weatherford, TX 76086
>> (817)599-7131
>> [email protected]
>>
>> 2005-05-19
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Best regards.
Dr.Sandy Frank
[email protected]
2005-05-20

Old 05-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Hossfly

Default RE: Questions about AMA VP residences

>>>>>>>>>>"4 My drivers license is from Texas. " <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hey Jim have someone check where his auto is registered and then notify the Indiana counterpart of the Department of Public Safety. Those people often have their own rules. [>:]
Check with the Delaware County (Muncie) records to see if the good doc. has also filed for a homestead exemption there. If so notify Texas' Parker County because the taxes are most likely higher here, especially since the home probably has much higher appraisal. Go git 'em, Pard!
Old 05-20-2005, 08:31 PM
GAP-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, for what it's worth, the following person and address are listed with the Parker County Appraisal District as of February 11, 2005 (http://www.parkercad.org/).

FRANK HARRY S
105 N BRAZOS
WEATHERFORD, TX 76086
Old 05-20-2005, 08:53 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you examined the possibility that you might be WRONG, Mr. Branaum?
Old 05-20-2005, 10:23 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

It sure looks like you are dead wrong.
How about THIS?
Why don't you find some actual tangible PROOF of your accusation, besides a returned newsletter, before casting such aspersions?
I don't even LIKE Sandy Frank, but you are coming off as borderline psycho on this one, and it sure looks like you are totally wrong.
Another thing is this...
If YOU are considering running for office, maybe you ought to drop this kind of smear thing and start doing more positive things.
I thought you were better than this.
And maybe SF WILL sue you.
Did you ever stop to think that you might be wrong? That maybe you ought to get your ducks in a row and be sure before public accusations?
Old 05-20-2005, 10:45 PM
Jim Branaum

I think you may have missed some inportant information.

If you looked carefully you will see that there is on this forum a scan of returned mail sent to the address your good friend and AMA VP, Dr. H. Sanford Frank is telling all to use. All I have asked for is the correct address to be published rather than one the U.S. Post Office is unable to deliver mail to when addressed to Dr. Frank. I find it odd that you and your good friend, Dr. H. Sanford Frank think that asking for that simple information is calling him a liar. I am reminded of Shakespear.

If you looked around carefully you would have seen that your good friend and AMA VP, Dr. H. Sanford Frank has threatend to remove my AMA Leader Member status for the second time in less than a year. The first time is also documented on this forum.

If you looked carefully you will see that your good friend and AMA VP, Dr. H. Sanford Frank has already said he intends to take legal action.

What would you have me do with that?
Old 05-20-2005, 11:02 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

I'm no friend of Sandy Frank, firstup.
Secondup, all I see is a returned newsletter.
Thirdup, I do NOT see some sort of innocent attempt to get an adress corrected, what I see is a very blatant attempt to get the guy removed under the basis that he needs to live in the district, and you maintain he lives in Muncie.
Don't EVER try to play coy like that. Don't say "oh, I was just asking an innocent question!"
You weren't, and you are now making it worse by denying it.
Fourthup, this forum has poisoned you, you have rubbed shoulders too closely with Horrace and these others, and people won't forget that next time you want to run for office.
This whole episode makes YOU look like some sort of deranged stalker.
If you think Sandy Frank no longer lives in the district, PROVE IT. As Mr. Koranda told you...it would not MATTER anyway. AMA seems quite satisfied that he lives in Texas...he pays taxes there...he has two homes there...what more do you want?
Do yourself a favor. Delete this. Or back it up with hard proof. How did you get from an undelivered newsletter to an attempt to remove him from office? IF he was removed from office in THIS manner, I would make it my own personal cause to make sure YOU did not get elected in his place, because this ain't the way.
I hope the guy DOES sue you. This is out of hand. Delete it while you can. If you can actually get some proof, feel free to post that.

I can't beleive I am defending Sandy Frank...I would sooner defend Horrace Cain...but right is right, and I just don't see the proof of your allegation, or the relevance, even if it WERE true. What I see is a shrill and petty attack, no more. And, again...I thought you were better than that.
IF you are...then you will be man enough to know when you are caught out.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:05 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

"What would you have me do with that? "
I would have you stop screwing around with Sandy Frank. Go out and do something more productive. At this time, he is the elected representative, DEAL with it. Accept that he was elected to that position. Next election, run yourself. Run a clean campaign, don't do this kind of wackiness. And for god's sake, quit dorking around on the internet. Go to club meetings and such instead.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:35 AM
Jim Branaum

Speaking of rubbing shoulders with the wrong bunch, you seem to have missed a often repeated point. It has been common knowledge that Frank has maintained a residence in Muncie for over 3 years. Some even go as far as to say he does not mow the grass around his mobile home often enough and brings disgrace on the district by flying a Texas flag.

I could care less if he lived in Iraq, Afganistan, or deep dark Africa, as long as he tells everyone to use the same VALID mail address. If you are not smart enough to see that as the issue, I am sorry for you.

Dr. Frank has seen fit to be offended by the fact that I called foul about his cowardly attempt to nominate his frineds, Doug Powell and Bill Lee to run against him as a way to keep Horrace Cain off the ballot. It seems to have really made him mad when I launched a write in campaign against him.

Using your approach we should all go away and leave our "betters" to do the AMA business. Isn't that about what you have suggested? You are beginning to sound like "NEWSWEEK".

By the way, I have been engaged with several more productive things how about you?
Old 06-07-2005, 09:11 PM
MountaineerFan36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a rookie AMA member (only had my membership for a few months) and browse this forum occasionally.

Perhaps I'm a bit naive here, but I got into this hobby to relieve the stress from all the political infighting I have to deal with at work everyday. Seems that sort of thing is alive and well among some of the leadership/members of the AMA.

I think I'll just focus on learning to fly/build model airplanes............

Old 06-07-2005, 11:51 PM
Hossfly

ORIGINAL: MountaineerFan36

I'm a rookie AMA member (only had my membership for a few months) and browse this forum occasionally.

Perhaps I'm a bit naive here, but I got into this hobby to relieve the stress from all the political infighting I have to deal with at work everyday. Seems that sort of thing is alive and well among some of the leadership/members of the AMA.

I think I'll just focus on learning to fly/build model airplanes............
Great idea you have. As a rookie you're simply learning the trade. You can relate it to things in life: there are things one can do at 16, like driver's license in most states; at 18, like enlist in the armed forces and like VOTE and at age 21 like drink alcohol, and like sign legal documents.
In the Academy of Model Aeronautics, AMA, there are differences of opinion among members with and among the Leaders just like there are in real life. Have you done much with your village (city, county, etc) council? Have you worked on your school board? There one generally finds all the board-members have a finger in the contract-pie, and those interested in improvements and/or education are not welcomed. [&o]

Therefore, as an AMA rookie, go and build and fly models. Then as you build your experience you may also develop opinions and even wonder why things are as they are. On one hand, you may just idle along as about 90% of AMA membership, almost totally unaware that such an item as AMA programs, policies, rules, politics, etc., etc. even exist. OTOH, since you have already discovered the political arena, you will probably remain rather interested, and maybe someday you will be the President of this organization. [X(]

In this hobby/sport there are many places to either hide or become well-known, good or bad, and not necessarily your choice.