Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Ok, I'll dive in where angels fear to tread

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Ok, I'll dive in where angels fear to tread

Old 06-17-2005, 09:47 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ok, I'll dive in where angels fear to tread

ORIGINAL: MikeMc

ORIGINAL: Jim Branaum

Horrace,
Do you want some cheese with that whine?
Funny that 2 posts above this one you were just talking about respect.

Different note: Sometimes in the past when flying my 1/2a with bigger planes I felt like an old lady trying to cross the freeway. Why would I want to do that?

I really enjoy it when the illumanti pounds on one side only while doing exactly that which they are showing disdain for. You write a little better than Horrace, but apparently you are not as bright. Let us all know when you are through with the personal attacks that you seem to enjoy so much.

As for playing with your 1/2a stuff in and around the bigger planes, I fail to see a problem with that. If you feel like an old lady, there is really something wrong. Most flyers *I* know and play with make room for all type while you seem to feel that the air needs to be reserved for your type of aircraft. Sad state of affairs...
Old 06-19-2005, 02:57 AM
FlyinTiger
My Feedback: (45)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ok, I'll dive in where angels fear to tread

Well, this thread was going somewhere with positive SOLUTIONS and SUGGESTIONS to solve an issue that has been caused by egos and lack of respect along wtih poor advertising on someone's part, whether it be ourselves, AMA, or our local clubs.

In my foamie box there was actually a basic flying rules guide...at the very back of the instruction book, where NO ONE will see it...all glow kits I've ever built have the "Warning this is not a toy" paragraph on the first or second page of the instructions, then there's usually an AMA application at the end of the instructions. Who's going to make the manufacturers put these fliers in the foamy boxes?

I fly glow, gas, park-fliers, foamies and micro-electic-heli's (my wife flies the glow heli) to include everything...and all it takes is communication and respect on everyone's part to make a flying day a success. Every hour make 15 minutes available only for the electrics (that's about how long a battery pack lasts), if no one has electrics there that day keep torquin' with the smoke on!!! Or whatever your club is into... If there are 1/2 electrics and 1/2 IC powered planes alternate if you need to...just try it one day, if it doesn't work, try something else.

You never know when your club might have to go ALL ELECTRIC just to save it from being shut down due to NOISE! I'll bet clubs that have been shut down didn't even consider that option! I am glad to see some people getting motivated about getting electric-only fields where no flying field would exist otherwise...awesome!

Who would mind if I asked, "Would you guys mind if me and these two guys flew our foamies for a few minutes on the runway while you have a soda or something? Do you want to try the 3D foamy? It's a blast!" That would probably go over pretty well at most clubs, no matter how many gassers or glow planes were in the air. Most electric fliers like to be closer to their aircraft, they fly in smaller areas, slower, and are affected by wind (or wake turbulence from a 25 pound 33% gasser flying by).

A foamy fly-in at a sports arena or indoor golf driving range is always a big hit! No wind, lots of chairs, food close by, clean bathrooms, and usually the wife and kids will have fun too.

Here's another suggestion: Have a club meeting (weeknight or your normal time) at the driving range or some other place like that and have everyone bring their electric foamies that has them...most will be believers after that night of fun! [sm=thumbup.gif] Worked great for a club near my town. Some won't like the "zippy" little planes, but will have a better understanding of how they work and how much fun they are for some people. [8D]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64188.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	286904   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql35409.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	286905