Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Mag

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 11:09 AM
bliebo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMA Mag

The whole governing orinization is an Old Boys Club. I also thing they try very hard to make the magazine as dull as possible.
Old 10-18-2002, 11:43 AM
paero-RCU
My Feedback: (14)

Default AMA Mag

I'm sure that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. But here's a suggestion.....don't even open it when you get it. On your way home from work the next day, drop it off at your local library or elementary school. Maybe some young boy or girl will get a chance to look at it and learn to love the hobby for what it is.

That for you would bring something positive out of all you negitive feelings
Old 10-18-2002, 12:00 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Maybe there is something in it!

I'm a 'reader' and read every modeling mag I can get ahold of - so with that as an introduction......

I like to read the mag! Being from the 'old school' (FF, UC) I enjoy reading what is being done in that neck of the woods today - even though I'm only R/C now.

But you can LEARN something from the columns....i.e. want to build light - check out the scale FF section; want to paint a beautiful color scheme - check out the pylon and UC stunt columns, etc.

I guess I'm not too old to learn something new

Jerry
Old 10-18-2002, 12:04 PM
gone.

Default AMA Mag

Kudo's to Paero for a great response. I'm an RC'r but I like seeing what the other guys are doing too like Tailskid said.
Old 10-18-2002, 02:05 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AMA Mag

I personally think the magazine is ok. I do like RC Report, MAN and RCM better but anything with RC content or even ads to see the latest goodies is interesting.

If the magazine was an opt out or opt in like it used to be many years ago where you could save a little money I would still get it myself but I'm sure there would be some who would prefer not to get it and save whatever dollars they could.
Old 10-18-2002, 02:11 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Default AMA Mag

Originally posted by RCadmin
If the magazine was an opt out or opt in like it used to be many years ago where you could save a little money I would still get it myself but I'm sure there would be some who would prefer not to get it and save whatever dollars they could.
Personally, I'd opt out - but I would not be looking for any rebate for doing so. I'd be happy if the money saved was used to help fill in some of the holes that exist in the insurance policy.

Gordon
Old 10-19-2002, 10:49 AM
fliers1

Default AMA Mag

Originally posted by paero
I'm sure that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. But here's a suggestion.....don't even open it when you get it. On your way home from work the next day, drop it off at your local library or elementary school. Maybe some young boy or girl will get a chance to look at it and learn to love the hobby for what it is.

That for you would bring something positive out of all you negitive feelings
Better yet, drop off Model Aviation mags in any waiting room. Most of the time, there is nothing worth reading in your doctor, dentist, auto dealership, etc. waiting rooms. AMA even made that suggestion in one of the mags...oops, many who don't like the mag didn't get a chance to read about it.

Take care,
CCR
http://www.kites.org/rc_instructors
Old 10-22-2002, 02:37 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default AMA Mag

fliers1,
It seems that most doctors offices have medical and womens mags except for N&WR.

I like the idea about donating the mag to a school or library. I will do this instead of tossing them!
Old 10-22-2002, 03:13 PM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Default AMA Mag

I like the magazine and when I am done with them I send them to my friend in Australia, he loves it. Seems the organization they belong to doesn't have one.
Old 10-22-2002, 03:52 PM
dennis1943
My Feedback: (12)

Default ????????????

read this months modeler i think that they are mad at the rc"ers not much in there, so where is our money going????????????
at least we know it went to Muncie[some of it].

dennis 1943
[alias dirtybird]