Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

I like this forum

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

I like this forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2002, 05:11 AM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I like this forum

the only problem with it........is that the AMA didn't think of it and put it on their, correction, OUR site.

I generally subscribe to two RC magazines a year. And I rotate around between them. A few years ago decided that Model Aviation didn't need to be one of the magazines anymore. I mean really, how many articles on scratch building free flight, old timer, stand-off sport planes can you possibly read. Anyway, they said that I could not belong to the AMA without the magazine subscription !!!.........I knew right then what their real business was.
Old 10-20-2002, 03:55 PM
KCFlyBoy
My Feedback: (12)

Default I like this forum

I had not heard that. I am quite sure the magazine is where the bread is buttered.
Old 10-20-2002, 03:56 PM
KCFlyBoy
My Feedback: (12)

Default Re: I like this forum

Originally posted by kingwoodbarney
the only problem with it........is that the AMA didn't think of it and put it on their, correction, OUR site.

I generally subscribe to two RC magazines a year. And I rotate around between them. A few years ago decided that Model Aviation didn't need to be one of the magazines anymore. I mean really, how many articles on scratch building free flight, old timer, stand-off sport planes can you possibly read. Anyway, they said that I could not belong to the AMA without the magazine subscription !!!.........I knew right then what their real business was.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:56 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Re: I like this forum

And you were going to say ???

[:-]
Old 02-19-2009, 07:28 AM
Mode One

Default RE: I like this forum

Are you doing a little archeological digging there Hoss?
Old 02-19-2009, 08:55 AM
Bob Mitchell

ORIGINAL: Mode One

Pilotfighter, get intouch with KidEpoxy.
Did you note the date of the messages prior to Horrace's?
Old 02-19-2009, 08:54 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

talk about digging things up.......
Old 02-20-2009, 02:13 AM
Blue_Sky

For some reason this old thread popped up to the top before Hoss responded. I saw it before the Hoss post, Hoss didn't dredge it up.

Like something dead on the bottom of a pond, this old thread finally came rising to the top.

But I'm glad it did. I like this forum. A bunch of really good guys hang out here. Good timing.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:14 AM
Hossfly

ORIGINAL: Blue_Sky
For some reason this old thread popped up to the top before Hoss responded. I saw it before the Hoss post, Hoss didn't dredge it up.
Like something dead on the bottom of a pond, this old thread finally came rising to the top.
But I'm glad it did. I like this forum. A bunch of really good guys hang out here. Good timing.
Blue Sky, perhaps you were either digging or dreaming. I did bring it back for the simple reason suggested in my post #34 of Pilotfighter's post of 01-30-06 which was recently resurrected. You can find my suggestion in post #34 of that thread, "Should Clubs limit..." Therefore I claim credit for resurrecting this Pilotfighter post from either page 1 or 2 of this forum.

Such was done strictly as fun game to see just how it would move as so many jump on topics way out of date, yet in most cases actually pertinent to the present day.

I'm glad you liked it and maybe a few more will respond accordingly.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:10 PM
Blue_Sky

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

ORIGINAL: Blue_Sky
Blue Sky, perhaps you were either digging or dreaming. I did bring it back for the simple reason suggested in my post #34 of Pilotfighter's post of 01-30-06 which was recently resurrected. You can find my suggestion in post #34 of that thread, "Should Clubs limit..." Therefore I claim credit for resurrecting this Pilotfighter post from either page 1 or 2 of this forum.

Such was done strictly as fun game to see just how it would move as so many jump on topics way out of date, yet in most cases actually pertinent to the present day.

I'm glad you liked it and maybe a few more will respond accordingly.
I could have sworn there were only three posts and not your #4 when I saw it on the first page. Perhaps it's a timing issue and I caught the thread a moment before your response was attached. Or like you say my mental capacity may be questionable... It wouldn't be the first time, nor will it be the last - unless I die in the next ten minutes.

I salute your resurrection of this old thread. It doesn't matter to me in a million years if everyone gets together for a group hug or not because I enjoy everyone else regardless of the occasional suffering, turmoil, outrage, miscommunication and general low-down nastiness. Just a bunch of good guys I appreciate. A bunch of bottom feeders lol.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:53 PM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

Even I can't remember this old thread. Did I start this ? Or did someone rearrange things ?

I cut one magazine this year. It was MAN because I can't cut the other one. And I am one cheap son of a gun.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:41 PM
Hossfly

ORIGINAL: PilotFighter

Even I can't remember this old thread. Did I start this ? Or did someone rearrange things ?

I cut one magazine this year. It was MAN because I can't cut the other one. And I am one cheap son of a gun.
Yep, PFtr., you started it. From the post reply to "kingwood barney" that should ring a few bells.

I just went back and looked over several posts on the next to last of the forum posts. Things haven't changed all that much. OTOH, I found that one of my pet items back then has changed 180°. Time does things like that.

Actually it is kind of fun.